A open letter to Coach McDermott

Foreigner

7 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Sadly the word was added to the "urban" dictionary some time ago (found here....https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Irregardless

And eventually added to the Webster dictionary as well....found here, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

He's a Pats fan though, so maybe the word rules will change in his favor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This upcoming game will say a lot about McDerrmot and his coaching abilities.  Everyone expects Buffalo to lose and history says you can’t predict otherwise.  No one player can create a win against NE.  It will take a total team effort and there will need to be nearly mistake free football.  The Cheats proved once again last night they play 60 minute games and perhaps they create their own lucky breaks in doing so.

In many ways the game coming up is a playoff round.  If the Bills want to be with the big boys they have to be big boys.

I really hope Gaines is able to play. The defense has been totally different when he is off the field. 

Gronk wasnt in the game to be taken out- he was suspended!

Brady’s arm isn’t tired, he can make every NFL throw.

Brady isn’t mobile, but he moves in the pocket better than anyone in the league.

You beat the Pats by running the ball, keeping Brady on the sidelines, win the turnover battle, dont commit dumb penalties, and pray the refs call a fair game.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Sadly the word was added to the "urban" dictionary some time ago (found here....https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Irregardless

And eventually added to the Webster dictionary as well....found here, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

I did acknowledge that it is slang.  But in written language it's not appropriate--as the other poster's link to the Merriam guy pointed out.

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

So I am sitting at home yesterday eating dinner watching Football Night in America on NBC, a show that shows highlights

of Sundays games, that is followed by a coach or player saying a few words. The Bills came on, and then Coach McDermott

said a few words. I was expecting something about praising Sean McCoy for going over 10,000 career rushing yards or

perhaps TT mentioned, as the two of them combined for almost all the points in the win over Miami. Or at least a shout out

to the O or D in the victory. Instead I lost half my food as I heard the magic words "Trust the Process". 

Coach, Coach, the process is here. It is right in front of you Christmas Eve  and New Years Eve, becoming the name in the Buffalo

Bills history book as the Coach to lead us to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. It doesn't matter weather it is

10-6 or 9-7' you are forever a hero. Or will your name go down in the books as Sean "Nathan" McDermott. I know, I know,

many are going to say we would have not won the Chargers game with TT at QB the whole game. That is possible, but the

game planning for that game with a rookie not ready for prime time playbook, certainly would have been different with TT.

Irregardless, with four INTS in over 13 games it would have been a different outcome. Coach we don't need to trust the

process, we need to win the game in Foxboro, a game that almost nobody thinks we can win. Maybe, we can't, but part of

the problem in winning in the NFL is how do we stop the other guys. We already know how to do that next Sunday, the

same way the Fish put it to the Pats Monday night, and that is to take Gronk out of the game, and not let a 40 year old QB

with no legs and a tired arm beat you. You are a D guru, so figure out how to stop Gronk who will be playing, and maybe we

get the job done. Coach, you and your staff have overachieved this  year. Just get us to the dance and stop worrying about a

mysterious process whatever you think that may be. To all of us, the process is just winning.  

This is a team sport.  The great Bills teams of the SB years were a bunch of Pro Bowlers with potential until they figured out their "process for winning"  ...  Team first, better practices, more work, more study, be on time, hold yourself accountable - then you can hold others accountable.  This is what raises the bar.  This is how excellence is achieved.  Coach McD is setting the example that doing more and preparing better as a habit, now go and make it the norm.  Once it is the norm then go it do more and set a new bar and make that the norm.   That is the process.  It is not mysterious.  When he talks about "earning the right to win" he means this.   

We finally have a coach that gets results, even with limited talent and depth. 

Edited by Bob in STL

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

So I am sitting at home yesterday eating dinner watching Football Night in America on NBC, a show that shows highlights

of Sundays games, that is followed by a coach or player saying a few words. The Bills came on, and then Coach McDermott

said a few words. I was expecting something about praising Sean McCoy for going over 10,000 career rushing yards or

perhaps TT mentioned, as the two of them combined for almost all the points in the win over Miami. Or at least a shout out

to the O or D in the victory. Instead I lost half my food as I heard the magic words "Trust the Process". 

Coach, Coach, the process is here. It is right in front of you Christmas Eve  and New Years Eve, becoming the name in the Buffalo

Bills history book as the Coach to lead us to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. It doesn't matter weather it is

10-6 or 9-7' you are forever a hero. Or will your name go down in the books as Sean "Nathan" McDermott. I know, I know,

many are going to say we would have not won the Chargers game with TT at QB the whole game. That is possible, but the

game planning for that game with a rookie not ready for prime time playbook, certainly would have been different with TT.

Irregardless, with four INTS in over 13 games it would have been a different outcome. Coach we don't need to trust the

process, we need to win the game in Foxboro, a game that almost nobody thinks we can win. Maybe, we can't, but part of

the problem in winning in the NFL is how do we stop the other guys. We already know how to do that next Sunday, the

same way the Fish put it to the Pats Monday night, and that is to take Gronk out of the game, and not let a 40 year old QB

with no legs and a tired arm beat you. You are a D guru, so figure out how to stop Gronk who will be playing, and maybe we

get the job done. Coach, you and your staff have overachieved this  year. Just get us to the dance and stop worrying about a

mysterious process whatever you think that may be. To all of us, the process is just winning.  

The Bills took Gronk out of the Fins game not the Fins 

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Will we ever get to the place where we can celebrate success and build on it?

IF we make the playoffs this year the Debbie Downers will be complaining about how we slipped down in the 2018 draft order.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Irregardless" isn't a word.

According to Merriam-Webster.

Is irregardless a word?

Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

3 hours ago, GG said:

In case you haven’t noticed, the team is 8-6, having just won a crucial game in December for the first time in over a decade.  That is THE PROCESS.

We actually beat the packers 3 years ago in December with 2 games left. Bills laid an egg the next week though against a bad raiders team. 

Just now, Figster said:

ln case he is 

McD we love you man

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did on occasion. He seems like the type of guy that would use this message board to get fan opinion. Not that it matters really

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

We actually beat the packers 3 years ago in December with 2 games left. Bills laid an egg the next week though against a bad raiders team. 

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did on occasion. He seems like the type of guy that would use this message board to get fan opinion. Not that it matters really

McD comes across to me as the kind of guy that likes input.

So no, it would not surprise me If HC McD was interested in what the Bills fan base is saying.

TBD gives us both good and bad aspects of his teams performance and why I think despite success negative Nancy's are an important part of a forum.