Bills love Sam Darnold?

HappyDays

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall. 

All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills.

Darnold won't be on the board for long—in fact he might be the first pick, if he declares—but there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This strikes me as the sort of no story that gets put out there all the time now that dissemination of information is a 24/7 business.

I'm sure the Bills are interested in Darnold, along with every other team in the NFL who needs a QB.

There's a whole bunch of them we are interested in.

It's just a question of how far up we are going to try to go and who we are going to take.

We won't know the answer to that until Draft Day. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sam Darnold’s grandfather was named Dick Hammer.  He was an actor that played the Marlboro Man, and also played football at USC.  That’s cool.

Dick Hammer ? Pretty cool, Damn  if that's not the most masculine sounding name possible. I feel like I need to go hunt a few Elk or something... 

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Don't get me excited.

When I think of Sam Donald one QB springs into my head and that QB is Matt Ryan. Donald is the guy I like the most and this is coming from someone who wanted Carr, Cousins and Wilson.

Darnold has that big arm and fat-boy face that makes him look like Stafford to me.

Root for the Giants to win some games, and the Browns to take Rosen (also from that article). If that happens, bills need to throw every draft pick we need to at the 49ers/Colts for that 2nd overall. 

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

RB and CB....can never have too many in today’s NFL 

You're right, RB for sure. I figured WR since they want to keep playing the "surround our QB with more weapons!" game that they usually do every couple years as if that's the problem. We've also spent 1st or 2nd round picks on White, Darby, Gilmore, and McKelvin in recent years, so sure, why not another lol

39 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Don't get me excited.

When I think of Sam Donald one QB springs into my head and that QB is Matt Ryan. Donald is the guy I like the most and this is coming from someone who wanted Carr, Cousins and Wilson.

Darnold is a lot more athletic than Matty Ice.

He is more dangerous outside the pocket ala Rodgers.

He loves running outside the pocket to create plays

12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He needs another season. He struggles with interceptions

Yeah that is a concern. I also don’t like that he dropped off from year 1 to year 2. Same thing happened to Christian Hackenburg and well...  Compare with Russell Wilson who got better and better every year of college. That’s why I have my sights set on Lamar Jackson. Continual improvement every season.

It’s worth pointing out these scout comments came from August when Sam Darnold was considered a consensus #1 overall pick with some sources calling him the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. This past season may have lowered his value to the Bills.

Edited by HappyDays