If gronk isn't suspended...

Hebert19

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, I don't like that "we'll settle it on the field (or ice in the NHL) ourselves" stuff. But it the NFL doesn't suspend players for obvious dirty crap like that, there's really no other way to police it. If this were MLB they'd trot out a September call-up pitcher to take care of business in the next game ... isn't that what practice squad guys are for?

F = M x V.

I use Newtonian physics. Not sure what they use in NH other than a trailer load of heroin.

Not sure he even knows the meaning of the word physics. How can you understand physics when you have no common sense to begin with.

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

The guy is right. Gronk wouldn’t have gotten a concussion. How would you be able to analyze him for one? 

Good point. I think Gronk was dropped on his head at birth and has had a concussion ever since.

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

See you ASSUME the same result. I don't it's not my fault you think a 6 foot man jumping on a 6'7 guy have the same impact as the reverse. I use physics to know it wouldn't be. Not even close. 

Can’t wait till some day when the pats suck and all you little roaches climb back under the futon 

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

The guy is right. Gronk wouldn’t have gotten a concussion. How would you be able to analyze him for one? 

LOL!

Team doctor:  "Hey Gronk, are you okay?"

Gronk: grunts and drools.

Td: "He's fine."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Watching "Football Night in America" on NBC right now....pre-game show to the Eagles/Seahawks game tonight. They just showed the highlights from the Bills/Pats game.....NO MENTION or replay or coverage of the Gronk despicable act. Color me not surprised.

Probably because one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game, Rodney Harrison, said it was a fine play so no reason to show it.

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Watching "Football Night in America" on NBC right now....pre-game show to the Eagles/Seahawks game tonight. They just showed the highlights from the Bills/Pats game.....NO MENTION or replay or coverage of the Gronk despicable act. Color me not surprised.

The Pats are one of the main reasons for the decline of the NFL. Dynasty’s are annoying enough to the average fan. One that is given special treatment and cheats pushes fans away. It’s difficult not to be disgusted with the way the league operates. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just woke up and that play is all I can think of.  Absolutely sickening that Gronk was not ejected.  Clearly after the play, a forearm to the back of the head of a defenseless player.  If he’s not suspended at least 1 game, heads in the NFL FO have to roll.  It was one of the obvious “intent to injure” moves if seen to date and it revolves around a head injury.....the precise thing that will eventually end the NFL.  Kind of wish the nfl ended right now.  After watching that play and the ruling on the field after the hit, I have zero confidence that referees have any clue what their job is. 

Poor Tre’davious.  Nothing but a class act getting pot spotted by a goon.  Embarrassing.  4 games left, we have to win at least 3, likely 4 to make the playoffs and now will likely be without our best player for at least a week.  Hopefully it wasn’t a bad concussion (yes they’re all bad) and he can suit up next week with no repercussions.

F Gronk

2 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

No idea. I'm surprised I was able to do this much. I usually ask my daughters, but there's so much venom being spit my way for saying it was a dirty play, but he'd only be fined. 

The NFL has a chance here to prove there is no favoritism to the Patriots, because there is absolutely no mitigating factor here.

1) After the play

2) After the whistle

3) Piling into a player on the ground

4) Who is defenseless

5) From his blind side

6) To his head

7) With intent to injure

8) Causing injury

9) By using a piece of football equipment (elbow brace) as a weapon

This is everything the league is allegedly trying to get out of the game. There's simply nothing in this incident to remotely argue against at least a game suspension, except one thing.

You know what that is, don't you?

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Did you reply to the right comment?

Gronk was held, pushed, shoved, and pushed some more on that play. No flag because defenses are allowed to do anything they want to him without ever getting a flag. He's mugged on every play. He got frustrated and did something very un-Gronk-like and un-Patriot-like. He'll get fined and rightly so. Dirty hit. He was frustrated. Not an excuse. Reality.

Roid boy had a hissy fit because he got physically beaten by a rookie on that play

Period

it was a classless, disgusting play from a total numbskull that has no business receiving respect from anyone with a modicum of common sense 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Probably because one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game, Rodney Harrison, said it was a fine play so no reason to show it.

He said it deserved suspension 

it got got its own section in the coverage. Wasn’t a game highlight but will be a national story on its own 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He said it deserved suspension 

it got got its own section in the coverage. Wasn’t a game highlight but will be a national story on its own 

Good, glad they mentioned it. I wasn't watching, just going by what the other poster reported. Still don't like Rodney though, lol.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I wasn't defending him at all! 

You were

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

(Also he was pissed because That guy literally held and PI pretty much the entire play with. O call)

And you are.

You are literally using touchy grabby on the jersey during a football play as Gronk's justification for intent to injure. Right up there. In plain words. I don't care how many qualifiers you use after the fact, that oooooh it's not acceptable. 

Edited by Ralonzo

Dang, that hit was so dirty and so hard to the back of White’s head.  He couldn’t even prepare for it. I just hope the guy is OK. He could be really messed up and miss the rest of the season. Wouldn’t surprise me. That was a club on Gronks arm. 

What a douche-canoe. 

This goes against my usual views, but I will not be upset at all if a player targets his knee next game.  I'm not saying McDermott has to promote doing it, but I'm saying if this team is really as tight-knit of a family as they have been described to be, then yes, they try to take him out on 12/24. 

F'n Scumbag. 

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The NFL has a chance here to prove there is no favoritism to the Patriots, because there is absolutely no mitigating factor here.

1) After the play

2) After the whistle

3) Piling into a player on the ground

4) Who is defenseless

5) From his blind side

6) To his head

7) With intent to injure

8) Causing injury

9) By using a piece of football equipment (elbow brace) as a weapon

This is everything the league is allegedly trying to get out of the game. There's simply nothing in this incident to remotely argue against at least a game suspension, except one thing.

You know what that is, don't you?

History and reputation.

History has shown that all sanctions against NE are way over the top and more severe than any other teams. The NFL has even manufactured "scandals" all in the name of appeasing other owners and attempting to bring NE back to the pack. Suh, Burfict, Finnegan, the Pollards, do/did this game in and game out. Gronk has no history of this type of dirty play. 

It was a dirty play and Gronk should and will get fined.

He will be suspended a game, and maybe two reduced to one, because it doesn't matter. If the Pats were in a must win game next week that's when it would be dicey for the league. That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen, worse that the Suh kicks or fight last week or any in recent memory. For a lot of reasons. The play was over for two seconds. He was on the sidelines and down. He was defenseless and hit from behind. You could see Gronk stand over him, wait, then make the decision to drill him (the worst part of it), plus he can be mad about the non-call, but it wasn't dirty, it didn't hurt, it wasn't cheap, it was the official's fault they didn't call it not White's. That decision he made, consciously, is EVERYTHING the league wants to stop. He has to be suspended. 

But it will end up one game they don't really need. So it's easy decision for league. 

15 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

AGREED!  Rodney was an absolute certainty to touch another player down with a flying tackle.

Saw a couple of highlight reels that didn't show it either.  Guy sells too many jerseys I guess.