If gronk isn't suspended...

Hebert19

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Anyone remember the NHL player who intentionally went after another guy and faced criminal charges? Maybe in Canada? I forget the details. I think the judge said something like “you won’t play again until if/when he can”. 

I remember just a little. I think  the guy slashed him in the face.

19 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Oh sure. You mean like the NFL lying and creating a "scandal" like Deflategate? Singling out 1 of 32 for having a single camera out of place for 20 minutes of one game? Allowing Brady to be hit time and time again after the whistle. Allowing teams to tee off on Brady's head game after game? Allowing defenders to pin Gronk's arms, grab his jersey, and push off on every pass?

While a normal fan cheers when his team is winning and complains when they lose, the Patriots fan will complain while his team is winning and lay under a pile of leaves in his backyard when his team is losing.

Fans of 31 other other teams don't respect smug, insufferable, arrogant, bandwaggoning, frontrunning Patriots fans, but that's because they just don't understand the pain of it all, right?

• Like (+1) 2

Look, Ricko is a complete squid and deserves to be ridiculed. That said, I didn’t think the Gronk play was the worst. Bad, yes!  But uncharacteristic also. He should be suspended at least a game, but it’s not as bad as the Marty McSorley hit 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, to the head for sure, and there may have been some cervical damage? 

I think two incidents are being conflated:

First there was Marty McSorley vs Daniel Brashear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kd__QgG5Bw

Brashear was concussed, McSorley was suspended over a year and never returned to the NHL, though neither's career lasted long after.

Then there was Todd Bertuzzi vs Steve Moore incident https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxMbWlnWV8

Moore received a broken neck and concussion which ended his career, and ultimately pursued civil litigation against Bertuzzi and the Canucks for the premeditated assault. Bertuzzi continued after his 20 game suspension but was never the same player either.

Edited by Ralonzo

This isn't last year's team that didn't have the juevos to light Landry up for the hit on Williams, no sir. Hyde said, "we'll see them again in a couple of weeks." I do believe that our guys are gonna make it a point to punish him in Round 2. Watch what I tell you. 

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

Look, Ricko is a complete squid and deserves to be ridiculed. That said, I didn’t think the Gronk play was the worst. Bad, yes!  But uncharacteristic also. He should be suspended at least a game, but it’s not as bad as the Marty McSorley hit 

Watched it again. Take it back. Was a super bad hit. Just watch Gronk the whole time. His reaction was terrible. 

Ricko is still a squid though. 

What a pathetic thing to see from a professional athlete. It's easy to be tough when you're winning, but when you show your true character on a national stage, in front of the people who live with and near your parents, brothers and sisters...and your true character is you're a guy willing to maim someone who is lying defenseless on the ground, you're just a bad guy.

Then, given time to reflect upon your actions that literally scrambled a guy's brains, after talking to coaches and players about the unequivocal douchebag move you just pulled in front of a national audience the BEST rationale you can come up with sounds like it was written by simpleton...I mean, this moron thought about what he was going to say! 

All the fame and money in the world and he's basically just snakes guy who'd sucker punch you in a bar as you walked past.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

History and reputation.

History has shown that all sanctions against NE are way over the top and more severe than any other teams. The NFL has even manufactured "scandals" all in the name of appeasing other owners and attempting to bring NE back to the pack. Suh, Burfict, Finnegan, the Pollards, do/did this game in and game out. Gronk has no history of this type of dirty play. 

It was a dirty play and Gronk should and will get fined.

I haven't posted in like a decade but please go away.