NFL executive says Buffalo Bills are perfect fit for Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I saw a Rudolph and Bryce Petty comparison and im finding it hard to disagree. Someone help me understand why his name is being talked about as first round pick 

I think it's obviously kind of a toss-up nobody really knows what makes a great quarterback it's some things like quick release, anticipated Windows, ability to quickly audible and manipulate a defense, and production vs good teams.... On tape he certainly looks the part, and again his release is phenomenally quick

On 11/30/2017 at 2:12 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"There's no telling who the Bills will favor when the draft rolls around, but one NFL executive believes the best fit for the Bills in the rookie class is Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. The unnamed executive told NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah that Mayfield would be the starting quarterback as soon as he arrived in Buffalo.

"Mayfield isn't as athletic as Tyrod Taylor but he's a much better passer," said the NFL executive. "I think he would be the starter as soon as he arrived."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/nfl_executive_says_buffalo_bills_are_perfect_fit_for_oklahoma_qb_baker_mayfield.html

Weird someone around here (me) has been saying this for months...often mocked and flamed for it too with people saying he's a 2nd rounder and we will take a guy in the first.  

Well, Baker is not only going to go in the first, he could easily go top 10 and Bills may now need to trade up to get him.  

15 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

I think it's obviously kind of a toss-up nobody really knows what makes a great quarterback it's some things like quick release, anticipated Windows, ability to quickly audible and manipulate a defense, and production vs good teams.... On tape he certainly looks the part, and again his release is phenomenally quick

draft has never been , is not and never will be an exact science....IF so, a "bust" NEVER happens......nor does a "gem of a find in the 3rd, 4th 5th or 6th EVER happen....does a kid's football focus change once he cashes in BIG and can buy Mom her first new house and first new car to reward her for support?....the amount of underlying variables make the draft one helluva crap shoot IMO....roll 'em...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

draft has never been , is not and never will be an exact science....IF so, a "bust" NEVER happens......nor does a "gem of a find in the 3rd, 4th 5th or 6th EVER happen....does a kid's football focus change once he cashes in BIG and can buy Mom her first new house and first new car to reward her for support?....the amount of underlying variables make the draft one helluva crap shoot IMO....roll 'em...............

I agree here.

I compare scouting quarterbacks to having game with women that's one of those it Factor that's kind of intangible and hard to explain but when you see it you know it either you know how to talk a girl in polar or you don't either your franchise quarterback or you're not I can tell you how to talk to a girl I can tell you to dress better I can tell you to say certain things I can tell you to get the gym and maybe you might get laid once in awhile but as far as being a true quote on quote player or franchise quarterback either you naturally have it or you don't I don't know that's just the funny way of me explaining how you Scout quarterbacks LOL

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

I agree here.

I compare scouting quarterbacks to having game with women that's one of those it Factor that's kind of intangible and hard to explain but when you see it you know it either you know how to talk a girl in polar or you don't either your franchise quarterback or you're not I can tell you how to talk to a girl I can tell you to dress better I can tell you to say certain things I can tell you to get the gym and maybe you might get laid once in awhile but as far as being a true quote on quote player or franchise quarterback either you naturally have it or you don't I don't know that's just the funny way of me explaining how you Scout quarterbacks LOL

...LMAO!!!....dually explains BUSTS and DIVORCES......nominated for HOF post...............

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Not sure how proficient he is at reading coverages or how much freedom he has at changing plays at the line. I assume he’s your typical college spread QB who gets his calls in from the sidelines and doesn’t really operate out of a typical huddle but someone can correct me on that if I’m wrong. I did read that he is a film junkie and big student of the game so that’s always a plus. What concerns me is the offense he plays in with the great weapons he has and how he will translate in the NFL. 

I compare him to a better version of Case Keenum who happens to be having an excellent season. Mayfield is a bit more athletic and wears his emotions on his sleeve more. Mayfield is as talented as Manziel and if he channels his emotions could have the leadership of Tebow. That is legit the perfect combination

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

I have a bad feeling we will be getting him. Darnold/Rosen would be best, if we trade up and get him with SF @ #2.

That said, it is too early to guess on who they'll pick.

Rosen is likely to go first overall and Darnold needs to return for another season. He was much worse than people we're expecting... His expectations were just too high after his freshman year. If Darnold left school now he would be a INT machine

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2017 at 5:31 AM, Dunkirk Don said:

Character issue

I'm not surprised someone from Dunkirk would say this.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:30 PM, westerndecline said:

I agree here.

This may be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... twitter is an interesting place.

"You can't compare him to Russell Wilson or even Tyrod Taylor because he's not as explosive or as dynamic." - NFC scout

Scouting Baker Mayfield: on.nfl.com/hjh2ie (via @BuckyBrooks)

literally never watched him. Whoever we get better be better than what we have.

I don’t disagree but he is certainly mobile. That’s not a knock imo. Baker gets compared to those guys because he isn’t tall and makes a lot of plays outside of the pocket. He’s an elite playmaker imo. He might not make the explosive plays down the field and with his legs that Tyrod or Wilson will but he will make plenty of plays. Baker would be so awesome in a Bills uniform. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... twitter is an interesting place.

"You can't compare him to Russell Wilson or even Tyrod Taylor because he's not as explosive or as dynamic." - NFC scout

Scouting Baker Mayfield: on.nfl.com/hjh2ie (via @BuckyBrooks)

literally never watched him. Whoever we get better be better than what we have.

I’m more concerned about how a QB does throwing a ball and not so much how explosive or dynamic of a runner he is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree but he is certainly mobile. That’s not a knock imo. Baker gets compared to those guys because he isn’t tall and makes a lot of plays outside of the pocket. He’s an elite playmaker imo. He might not make the explosive plays down the field and with his legs that Tyrod or Wilson will but he will make plenty of plays. Baker would be so awesome in a Bills uniform. 

I know enough to know when I say I don't know. But I agree, it could go terribly but I wouldn't mind watching Mayfield get a shot here.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I don’t understand how the Bills would be a perfect fit for Mayfield when we don’t even run the read option...how has Mayfield shown he could play in a WCO?

This I agree with completely. I don't know how well he fits in with this scheme, and really the staff 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

I compare him to a better version of Case Keenum who happens to be having an excellent season. Mayfield is a bit more athletic and wears his emotions on his sleeve more. Mayfield is as talented as Manziel and if he channels his emotions could have the leadership of Tebow. That is legit the perfect combination

Rosen is likely to go first overall and Darnold needs to return for another season. He was much worse than people we're expecting... His expectations were just too high after his freshman year. If Darnold left school now he would be a INT machine

Case Keenum left school as the NCAA leading passer.  He was really, really good in college.

and so there's a video of Mayfield throwing a ball at a TCU player.  Dude is a clown and is begging for someone to knock him out.  He reminds me of Grayson Allen. Entitled little brats who would benefit from a good punch.

I still would be interested in him but he needs to cut the crap or let the vets give him the treatment.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:12 AM, JMF2006 said:

He's taller than Alf ;)

BTW I think Drew Brees proved you don't need to be 6'3"-6'5" to play in the NFL

True....but he also proved you needed to be Drew Brees to play in NFL and they are not readily available.

Edited by cba fan
spelling