Bills playoffs..

PatsFanNH

Ok I keep hearing how the Ravens have a a cake walk schedule left:

they have at Home:

lions, Colts, and Bengals

i say they lose the Lions game and also lose the Bengals game, hell The Colts D isn't bad and Brissett could steal a win as well.

on the road:

steelers, Browns

they get destroyed by the steelers.

so basically they can lose a minimum of 2 but more likely 3 games meaning if the Bills take care of business against Indy and Miami your in. 

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Ravens might have the best defense in the NFL. They will finish out at least 9-7, if not 10-6.

I disagree, any time they faced a GOOD O they give up a minimum of 24 points and the Texans had the right game plan against them just had a crappy QB.   You also forgot they have a putrid O. 

we have such an inferiority complex. go in and beat the Pats if you want to make the playoffs. they're not invincible, they're just a football team. you're home. you have weapons. beat them if you want to be successful. don't fall all over yourself complimenting them in the press this week. knock them in the mouth. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

we have such an inferiority complex. go in and beat the Pats if you want to make the playoffs. they're not invisible, they're just a football team. you're home. you have weapons. beat them if you want to be successful. don't fall all over yourself complimenting them in the press this week. knock them in the mouth. 

Hate the practice of figuring out what loses can be absorbed in the remaining schedule while maintaining a playoff spot. 

Win. The bills lost a few they shouldn’t have so now go win some you aren’t expected to. 

Cheifs beat the Pats. Bills beat the Cheifs. Win this frickin game. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

YUP says me, I have been a Bills fan since 1978. This team sucks, they are just lucky with turnovers.

So when other teams produce turnovers are they lucky too? Or when the Pats won the Super Bowl with a turnover. Lucky? When a team misses a FG and the other team wins. Lucky? Or a team gets a call that goes their way or a team gets a call that buries their chances. Lucky? The game is based on luck, but it's up to us to create opportunities as well. You're upset that the Bills are creating turnovers. I think the four decades of fandom is getting to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

YUP says me, I have been a Bills fan since 1978. This team sucks, they are just lucky with turnovers.

sounds to me like we can start referring to your fandom in the past tense,  judging by the tone of the vast majority of your posts. Right?

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

sounds to me like we can start referring to your fandom in the past tense,  judging by the tone of the vast majority of your posts. Right?

No not at all, team is going in right direction. Just need an elite QB and more players. Coach and GM are great, just a realist. 

19 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

we have such an inferiority complex. go in and beat the Pats if you want to make the playoffs. they're not invincible, they're just a football team. you're home. you have weapons. beat them if you want to be successful. don't fall all over yourself complimenting them in the press this week. knock them in the mouth. 

Well that standard is just a little high. Sure , Miami snuck in there last year but needing to beat the Pats to make the playoffs is a daunting task. Most teams don't have to do it to get there , and most cannot beat them once they are there. It doesn't have anything to do with an inferiority complex. It has to do with being an inferior football team to New England. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

42 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ravens might have the best defense in the NFL. They will finish out at least 9-7, if not 10-6.

We have to hope the Titans collapse, the Chiefs continue their losing ways and the Chargers win the AFC West.

They might, but they might not. Beat the Bengals and the Browns first two games, the Bengals OC gets fired after the first two and they have been much better since.

The other 4 wins all against backup QBs.

Manuel

Moore

Savage 

Hundley

5 games they have lost, quite simply is because they have played a starting a QB(except Vikings, but dude is playing lights out)

Let's see how they do against Stafford this week before we make any judgements.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Never going to happen, if by miracle it actually does Bills will be humiliated in a playoff massacre. 

Agree with this 100%. The facts are that the Bills showed who they really are in that horrendous 3-game losing streak. It wasn't just "a bad day"...for just one game. IMO, they got very lucky last week vs. the Chiefs.  The rest of the season is going to be brutal. Again, just my opinion, but my eyes & brain tell me so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree, any time they faced a GOOD O they give up a minimum of 24 points and the Texans had the right game plan against them just had a crappy QB.   You also forgot they have a putrid O. 

Yea isn't it odd that the Texans receivers who I was being told could make anyone look good "just chucking it up" as Deshaun Watson led the highest scoring offense in the league during his period starting are not able to make Tom Savage look even serviceable.  How extraordinary. 

The Ravens are a flawed team but with a cakewalk schedule.  

2 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

Absolutely, it has been almost 20 years without a playoff game. I don't even remember what it is like to cheer for your team during a playoff game.

would rather have monkey on our back until were a legitimate contender not a pretender. It's been so long the length does not matter.

35 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

so you just felt the need to let everyone know how you feel about the team. like anyone cares if you think they suck?

LAMP

share it at your dinner table with the family, maybe they'll have pity on your feelings.

Anyone else get a chuckle out of posters who begin or end their point with, "I've been a Bills fan since 1970"?  Like, that's supposed to add credibility?  

Not saying everyone's dumb but, you or I may have had an uninformed opinion for 40 years, and being wrong so long doesn't make anyone more credible.  

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so you just felt the need to let everyone know how you feel about the team. like anyone cares if you think they suck?

LAMP

share it at your dinner table with the family, maybe they'll have pity on your feelings.

The fact is they suck if you care or not. The Jets, Saints, Chargers run should be proof for anyone with a football IQ.

40 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well that standard is just a little high. Sure , Miami snuck in there last year but needing to beat the Pats to make the playoffs is a daunting task. Most teams don't have to do it to get there , and most cannot beat them once they are there. It doesn't have anything to do with an inferiority complex. It has to do with being an inferior football team to New England. 

New England's defense is ranked 30th. They're vulnerable on one side of the ball. They compensate with a #1 offense. We both beat the Raiders, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons, and Jets (once). They beat NO and lost to KC. We beat KC and lost to NO. We both lost to Carolina. They squeaked out a win to HOU, we squeaked out a loss to CIN. This isn't the 2007 Pats. 

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Never going to happen, if by miracle it actually does Bills will be humiliated in a playoff massacre. 

Any given Sunday (or Monday,  or Thursday, or Saturday) ...

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

New England's defense is ranked 30th. They're vulnerable on one side of the ball. They compensate with a #1 offense. We both beat the Raiders, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons, and Jets (once). They beat NO and lost to KC. We beat KC and lost to NO. We both lost to Carolina. They squeaked out a win to HOU, we squeaked out a loss to CIN. This isn't the 2007 Pats. 

Your stats can't be disputed, we love st to a HEALTHY KC who had just unleashed Hunt that no one was expecting by week 6 teams had figured out how to stop him.  NO we have them their last loss till just last week in week 2.

Pats defense is ranked 30th in YARDS. They are ranked 11th in points (which is the most important stat)

Pats should have bet Carolina but Gilmore two penalties for hands to the face killed them. (The last one negating a 12 yard sack and would have given Brady 2 minutes to drive the field for a game winning FG )

46 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

would rather have monkey on our back until were a legitimate contender not a pretender. It's been so long the length does not matter.

They can deny it 'til the cows come home, but I think the Drought Monkey places a huge psychological disadvantage on the team, one that could very well prevent them from being a legitimate contender.

Length always matters. B-)

34 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

The fact is they suck if you care or not. The Jets, Saints, Chargers run should be proof for anyone with a football IQ.

anyone with a football IQ would know they're in the first year of a rebuild and many did not expect them to win many games. of course with your brilliance regarding the game you must of thought they were going to be raising the lombardi this season and since the chance of that happening is slim to none, they suck in your eyes

go wallow in your own self pity and try not to look so foolish questioning football IQ's when most know what is taking place with the present bills.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

anyone with a football IQ would know they're in the first year of a rebuild and many did not expect them to win many games. of course with your brilliance regarding the game you must of thought they were going to be raising the lombardi this season and since the chance of that happening is slim to none, they suck in your eyes

go wallow in your own self pity and try not to look so foolish questioning football IQ's when most know what is taking place with the present bills.

No self pity here, I knew the Bills would suck, that was part of the "process". I want them to lose as much as possible.

I hope they beat the Patriots this weekend.  I will watch the game and hope for it.  But I also know they are 26-2 against Brady, so realistically they have about a 7% chance of winning the game.   As long as they have Brady I will never, never go into a Patriots game thinking they have a real chance of winning.

This is where games like Cinci, Carolina, and LA come back to haunt you.

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

No self pity here, I knew the Bills would suck, that was part of the "process". I want them to lose as much as possible.

so you're aware of the process and you want them to lose as much as possible all the while claiming they suck.

makes a lot of sense and I will no longer question your football IQ as it is very clear in your post.

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I hope they beat the Patriots this weekend.  I will watch the game and hope for it.  But I also know they are 26-2 against Brady, so realistically they have about a 7% chance of winning the game.   As long as they have Brady I will never, never go into a Patriots game thinking they have a real chance of winning.

This is where games like Cinci, Carolina, and LA come back to haunt you.

not to get all technical here but brady is 26-3 against them.

29 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Your stats can't be disputed, we love st to a HEALTHY KC who had just unleashed Hunt that no one was expecting by week 6 teams had figured out how to stop him.  NO we have them their last loss till just last week in week 2.

Pats defense is ranked 30th in YARDS. They are ranked 11th in points (which is the most important stat)

Pats should have bet Carolina but Gilmore two penalties for hands to the face killed them. (The last one negating a 12 yard sack and would have given Brady 2 minutes to drive the field for a game winning FG )

"Should have beat Carolina." If you want to do "should haves," we should have beaten Carolina too. We got an offensive pass interference call on our final drive on Carolina's 22 yard line. What would've been 1st and 10 at the 22 with a minute remaining, turned into 1st and 20 at the 42. 

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

"Should have beat Carolina." If you want to do "should haves," we should have beaten Carolina too. We got an offensive pass interference call on our final drive on Carolina's 22 yard line. What would've been 1st and 10 at the 22 with a minute remaining, turned into 1st and 20 at the 42. 

I'd accept that. I don't see many Bills games up here. I remember the Carolina game I was so mad at Gilmore... so was BB he was benched start the next game till Rowe got hurt  and then he got a concussion that kept him out 3 weeks. (The dark lord was not pleased either ?) 

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so you're aware of the process and you want them to lose as much as possible all the while claiming they suck.

makes a lot of sense and I will no longer question your football IQ as it is very clear in your post.

not to get all technical here but brady is 26-3 against them.

Noted.  10% chance of winning.  Unbelievable that the drought pretty much corresponds with Brady coming into the NFL.  Wish the guy would retire already.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I keep hearing how the Ravens have a a cake walk schedule left:

they have at Home:

lions, Colts, and Bengals

i say they lose the Lions game and also lose the Bengals game, hell The Colts D isn't bad and Brissett could steal a win as well.

on the road:

steelers, Browns

they get destroyed by the steelers.

so basically they can lose a minimum of 2 but more likely 3 games meaning if the Bills take care of business against Indy and Miami your in. 

I agree with this. Brissett can steal a win

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Noted.  10% chance of winning.  Unbelievable that the drought pretty much corresponds with Brady coming into the NFL.  Wish the guy would retire already.

Coincidence, even losing twice to the pats and splitting jets and dolphins you could easily go 10-6 and make the playoffs.  IMO Bills always seem to lose that one game they have no business in losing. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Coincidence, even losing twice to the pats and splitting jets and dolphins you could easily go 10-6 and make the playoffs.  IMO Bills always seem to lose that one game they have no business in losing. 

I wouldnt say its a coincidence at all.   His presence reduces your margin of error.   His presence pretty much assures you have to win 71% of your games outside of the Patriots every year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

There's something to be said for creating an environment where the team has experienced some success. Take a look at the Seahawks, they made the playoffs in Carroll's first year by winning the NFC West with a 7-9 record. They proceeded to win a playoff game that year too.They did it without their QB and that experience helped propel them forward. That year you had a lot of rookies playing who would go on to form the foundation of the team - Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, & Russel Okung.

Just because you can't win the SB doesn't mean the playoffs aren't great seasoning for your young guys that will be part of the core players moving forward.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Called bad coaching.  I think that loss is currently the Bengals loss. Riding high after a big road win against the Falcons, we should've beaten the Bengals at that point in the season, we had three turnovers. We allowed our Rookie CB to be on an island with a future HoF AJ Green  in which he burned him twice for a TD, and one that set-up a TD run by Mixon. 

Also didn't help having basically only Charles Clay as our deep threat and him go on down on the first drive, and it was obvious he was going to be featured in that game.