The key to beating the Patriots this Sunday is...

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Actually, this is what you said - "I think someone like Jerry Hughes taking out a knee or slamming extra hard to the turf on a shoulder and getting a 15 yard penalty is well worth them not having 12* the rest of the game."

We view things/value humans differently.  No big deal.  No sense in arguing over it.

I suppose I could have worded "taking out a knee" different. I see how that may be taken as a dirty hit. As far as Brady getting slammed to the ground, I would view as aggressive play...but with the rules it would likely be a penalty. And one I could live with.

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I suppose I could have worded "taking out a knee" different. I see how that may be taken as a dirty hit. As far as Brady getting slammed to the ground, I would view as aggressive play...but with the rules it would likely be a penalty. And one I could live with.

I'd rather beat teams without making hit lists and executing them.   You know ... play better football and stuff like that.

4 hours ago, jr1 said:

tip balls at the line of scrimmage 

This plus jump in the throwing lanes.

just count to 3 and jump up after the ball has been snapped.

Have the corners just maintain the line of scrimmage. Play the flat from the line of scrimmage, play the slants from the line of scrimmage... 

17 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

This plus jump in the throwing lanes.

just count to 3 and jump up after the ball has been snapped.

Have the corners just maintain the line of scrimmage. Play the flat from the line of scrimmage, play the slants from the line of scrimmage... 

Someone will need to collapse the middle of the pocket. Gotta get hits on Brady 

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

t is going to be 46 & sunny Sunday with 0% chance of precipitation.  I went golfing twice last week & I am going out tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful here the past 3 months.  Stop with the BS that the weather is alwa

Hit brady.  Have Milano in at LB.  Use some exotic blitzes.  I think White can handle Cook 1 on 1.  Gaines should be okay,  and do whatever we did to Kelse to Gronk to keep him out of the game.  

I would say the best chance we have to beat Brady is to drop into coverage and bring 4. If we had better pass rushers I would say bring the pain but our pass rush is below average and Brady would pick up the Blitz and throw for 400. We need to make his throwing windows as tight as possible and hope Hughes has his best day of the year and it's very windy.

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

It is going to be 46 & sunny Sunday with 0% chance of precipitation.  I went golfing twice last week & I am going out tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful here the past 3 months.  Stop with the BS that the weather is always bad around Buffalo after Columbus Day. 

Wtf? I lived in Buffalo for 30 years, I'm well aware.

The OP asked for keys to beating the Pats*, extreme weather and a NE12 catastrophic injury were the only two realistic scenarios that came to mind.

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

It is going to be 46 & sunny Sunday with 0% chance of precipitation.  I went golfing twice last week & I am going out tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful here the past 3 months.  Stop with the BS that the weather is always bad around Buffalo after Columbus Day. 

i don't trust the weather 3 days in advance here, much less a week (almost 50 years as a life-long WNYer here). you can bet that the forecast will change every day between now and Sunday and 46 and sunny is very unlikely.