Speculation: is this McCoy's last year with the Bills?

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

BS. Ezekiel Elliot changed the Cowboys, Adrian Peterson the Vikings and arguably the BEST BILLS PLAYER EVER was drafted in the FIRST round. Just because we missed on Spiller, it doesn't mean you never draft that position high again. By that logic, let's never draft a QB high again because we missed on Losman or never take a LT again because Mike Williams was a bust. What an idiotic and irrational way of thinking.

There is also a. smith, mcgahee, and lynch. None of which really helped the bills.  I think his point is you can find great rbs throughout the draft and in the late rounds easier than a great qb , pass rusher, wr etc.

I'd be fine with trading him if we get something very sweet in return.

Build the O line and it doesn't matter who you throw back there.  It's been proven time and time again.

If they pick a RB in the first two rounds, it will be the closest I'll ever be to saying "!@#$ this team."

4 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

There is also a. smith, mcgahee, and lynch. None of which really helped the bills.  I think his point is you can find great rbs throughout the draft and in the late rounds easier than a great qb , pass rusher, wr etc.

If that's the way the board falls, I'm fine with that but if we pass on an Ezekiel Elliott or Adrian Peterson because we want to reach on a run of the mill DE, I got a problem with that. Bobby was against drafting a RB in RDS 1-2 period, I just think that's such an extremely limiting draft philosophy. What happens if another Le'Veon Bell or Shady McCoy is there? That's my point, of course you take them.

53 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

We need to fix the offensive line first then we’ll see the Shady of old. Mills and Ducasse are pathetic. 

Agree about the O-line. But I think Shady's desire to avoid hits is why he dances before hitting the hole, while a guy like Cadet just goes for it.

14 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Coming into the season I figured the plan was to run Shady until his wheels fell off, then replace him next season. 

Here is how I would figure he will be handled in the off-season. I believe they will approach him about either a restructure or pay cut with the idea that he will not be the lone back next year. I think if he is unwilling to deal, they will cut/trade him and swing with a rookie and possibly Cadet. I believe if something can be worked out McCoy will be back with a rookie backing him up/splitting carries. 

I hope they can keep Shady.

Cadet is a worthy backup and special team player. He had a good day yesterday.

BUT:

He will be 29 in February, Shady will be 30 in July.

He is a career journeyman: Saints, Patriots, 49ers, Saints again, Jets, Bills.

His career combined rushing/receiving yards total in eight years is less than 1,000 yards.

He should be returning kick offs. Tate makes me nervous. :unsure:

Not gonna happen. The O-Line is awful. You get some younger, more athletic guys in front of him and he goes back to being completely dominant. He's the one hold over I hope McDermott and Beane keep. You do realize he's our leading receiver?

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

if we can get a kamara, or mixon or even hunt in the third round i'd be all for a rb there. earlier than that i think we have more pressing needs elsewhere

That's the way i look at it.  A lot of good players coming later in the draft at this position.  Also, we aren't in a major cap crunch so I wouldn't create a hole just to have to fill it. 

We already need LBs, DTs, a pass rusher, a CB, a RT, a RG, probably a WR, definitely a QB.  Why would we want to add starting RB to that?

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

I thought this was sort of obvious to most, but judging by the replies in this thread...

What was obvious?  That he'll be gone?  Doubtful at best.  Unless there are some issues that we haven't heard about.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Agree about the O-line. But I think Shady's desire to avoid hits is why he dances before hitting the hole, while a guy like Cadet just goes for it.

I tend to agree. I don’t think this system is best for Shady. Still dont wanna give up a talent like Shady though. I think Cadet should def be the number two though cause Tolbert just isn’t cutting it and Cadet had speed and power running which was a nice change of pace. Looked a little like TD Mike out there lol