Broncos Fire McCoy

BigBuff423

No one is hiring an OC 10 games into the season.  It makes zero sense.

obviously, he's better than Dennison.  But he isn't exactly lighting up the NFL since he left Denver the first time.

I have no trust in anyone on this staff to develop a qb.  Man, I wish we went with  young offensive minded head coach. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think I'd still prefer Hue Jackson, assuming he becomes available, but we'll see. McCoy was who McD wanted to pair up with originally.

Jackson would be a HUGE get if the Browns let him go.  I don’t think they will though.  He’s the guy I want ?.  Would rather have mccoy than Dennison at this point.  

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Hue Jackson and Mike McCoy are two coaches that get way too much love around here. They are both less than average. Why are you guys popping wood over this?

Jackson is a very good OC.  He’s been a bad head coach.  Same can be said for many coordinators.  Two different jobs

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They're 1-25 with him as a HC. I don't see how he lasts too much longer.

I hear ya.  When I look at the Browns roster I just think he’s supposed to be 1-25. Kind of looks like they’re trying to be just that

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No one is hiring an OC 10 games into the season.  It makes zero sense.

obviously, he's better than Dennison.  But he isn't exactly lighting up the NFL since he left Denver the first time.

I have no trust in anyone on this staff to develop a qb.  Man, I wish we went with  young offensive minded head coach. 

Makes sense if the season is essentially over and he's the guy you really want dealing with the rookie next year.

Idk if he's any better, but he was McD's first choice. A switch would not surprise me, but then again nothing really would at this point.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not calling a play with more options beyond the sticks is his fault though. His decisions will have consequences, surely. Part of the QB stalemate was that Dennison wanted Tyrod to force more balls into coverage and Tyrod wanted to take what the D gave them and see if our guys could make a play. Dennison got a QB who would force the throws like he wanted. Wonder how he feels about the results...

While Dennison surely wanted Tyrod to throw the ball more, you are embellishing here. Nate P was putrid, no doubt. However, Tony Romo and Rhonde Barber both pointed out numerous examples of WRs in one on one coverage or wide open in zones and Tyrod simply would not throw them the ball. That's not forcing balls into coverage, it's called taking what the defense is giving you.  In other words, playing QB in the NFL. The 2 yard checkdown is almost always going to be " available". It just will never win you football games. Dennison is awful and needs to be fired, but not making NFL throws to WRs that are NFL open would drive even bad OCs crazy. 

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Jackson is a very good OC.  He’s been a bad head coach.  Same can be said for many coordinators.  Two different jobs

I hear ya.  When I look at the Browns roster I just think he’s supposed to be 1-25. Kind of looks like they’re trying to be just that

I’m finally coming around to the fact that the Browns have more talent now than the Bills on their offensive and defensive lines. I think if they played each other the Bills may still win because of Kizer and their skill players being bad/inexperienced and they turn the ball over a ton. But I’m convinced the Browns would win the battle at the LOS. Sadly.

As far as Hue, he’s best suited to be an OC not a HC.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m finally coming around to the fact that the Browns have more talent now than the Bills on their offensive and defensive lines. I think if they played each other the Bills may still win because of Kizer and their skill players being bad/inexperienced and they turn the ball over a ton. But I’m convinced the Browns would win the battle at the LOS. Sadly.

As far as Hue, he’s best suited to be an OC not a HC.

He'll likely be available.  We should look into it.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Denver averaged 27 more yards per game and 2.5 less points per game.  Glad to see a team being proactive when something isn't working.  Dennison needs to go.  I'm not even going to say that they should hire McCoy but they certainly need to move on from Dennison especially if there is any truth to him being the one to push Peterman starting.

Dennison didn't throw 5 picks.

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

Dennison didn't throw 5 picks.

His offence has been as bad or worse then McCoys all season. It's being reported that the change to the guy who threw 5 picks was influenced by him and a move he pushed for. The offence was also supposed to be suited more for the guy who now may hold the record for worst QB debut in the modern NFL history.