Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

2 hours ago, JM2009 said:

The defense has been beyond bad since Dareus was traded. There is no pass rush at all. I'd like to win against Miami and the Colts at home, so I'd rather have TT start. KC and NE have much better teams than us, but Miami and the Colts , they can beat. Long time till next September. I'd like to enjoy a couple more wins before than. TT won't be here in 2018 and Peterman is a backup talent at best in the NFL. 

He's not the long term answer, but those numbers suggest he isn't terrible like some make him out to be. I hope he goes somewhere in 2018 where he is appreciated more.

Most folks would be fine with TT as a bridge qb if we had a plausibe, high draft pick potential franchise qb waiting in the wings.

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rico asked for Peterman supposedly. He begged to have a guy out there that can run his offense. He got it and it exploded in his face. 

If we let him come back to help make the QB selection and develop him we are screwed for at least 3 more seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

Can't see Dennison lasting after this season. Not after how bad the offence has been  someone has to take the fall and it's usually the co-ordinator. If he was pushing for a change at QB, which makes sense after some of his public comments about Taylor after the Saints game, he must be feeling some heat and scrambling to save his job. 

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

So Taylor can have historically bad games like against the Saints as a 7-year vet making starter money and his 35th start at HOME , and its ""give him another shot,, just a bad game" , but a rookie comes in in his first start, on the ROAD  against a very good team as well and it's "I have seen a half of this kid, he is a bust, never put him on the field again"

I truly cannot understand that logic.And I am pretty damn sure Rams fans are glad they did not listen to all the bust claims on Goff when he was historically bad through 7 games last year.

And yes to me one first down is almost 3 full quarters of play in an NFL game is historically bad, punts are pretty damn close to turnovers in my mind, as the score in both games was pretty damn similar.

Dude, do you get the phrase "historically bad?"

Go look up what Joe Flacco did against the Jags 3rd game of THIS YEAR!!!

It was worse than Taylor. And I'm not trying to say Taylor's game wasn't utterly crappy because it was.

But it wasn't historically crappy.

You have to look to before the AFL/NFL merger to find a QB who's thrown 5 interceptions in a half. And there was a 6th he would have thrown if the defender didn't drop it looking at the open space in front of him to the end zone.

Historically bad.

21 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Let the other gm's of the league know about this.  

Maybe someone will give us a 4th for him. 

I think that is realistic. Jacksonville and Denver feel logical. Those teams have good defenses and, in Jacksonville’s case, a run game. Denver still makes more sense to me as their window is smaller. They seem more likely to go with the vet. 

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that is realistic. Jacksonville and Denver feel logical. Those teams have good defenses and, in Jacksonville’s case, a run game. Denver still makes more sense to me as their window is smaller. They seem more likely to go with the vet. 

If Buffalo let's Tyrod walk an he leads another team to the playoffs my view on the decision makers in Buffalo will turn very negative and skeptical one. 

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

If Buffalo let's Tyrod walk an he leads another team to the playoffs my view on the decision makers in Buffalo will turn very negative and skeptical one. 

He’s certainly leaving (at least at this point). I would think that he goes to a team with a good defense that wants to play ball control.

Prediction -

If TT has truly learned something from his benching and will now most always throw to the sticks on 3rd and long like he did vs. the Chargers and not bail out of the play with a dump off to a surrounded back for 2 yards - He will remain on the team through the off season. He and the guy we draft can battle it out until the guy is ready to take the job from TT.

If he hasn't learned, he's as good as gone.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s certainly leaving (at least at this point). I would think that he goes to a team with a good defense that wants to play ball control.

Well if Buffalo is moving on from that philosophy I can understand. It almost was good enough the way it had been running. I'll always wonder if was really talent when he walks out the building. I think he could possibly the face of a franchise if in the right circumstances. 

The offensive side did gave a few stalled games in the past. I don't think that's all because of Tyrods talent level. People say he holds the ball to long. I see it as his ability to create more time for himself in the pocket. That's amazing being able to create so much time especially if you believe the o line is not good.

I don't think it would be the worst idea to actually to ask Tyrod what kind of receivers he wants and can trust. Then he might be able to take more shots. Tyrod might actually not throw the ball because maybe he might be smart and practice with them and know they can't be trusted to be clutch wide receivers.

When I seen Nate Peterman I got scared. Just seeing him getting destroyed like he did made me look at Tyrod in a different way. I was even in favor of Nate Peterman starting. Nate let me see what it looks like when you throw the ball.

I think whatever the direction they take next year at Quarterback they need to invest on the offence next year. That is the reason we are hovering I think. You need to be able to put up points.

I don't assume we can't get better at Quarterback but I also think it that the entire offence itself needs them draft picks in my opinion. My philosophy is different because I would be an offensive minded coach if I was in that position in a franchise. In all honesty I think the GM did sell this year short for the future and I hope he's a master at his craft.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

we shall see. he had the opportunity to shop himself last year, and he came back to Buffalo on a greatly reduced salary. 

I am willing to bet he signs somewhere for backup money and the opportunity to compete for a starting job. Good backup money in the neighborhood of $7-$9 M, but certainly not $18M starter money.

No, he didn't. Not under any laws or rules set forth by the NFL he didn't.

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

We will see Peterman again.  As starter next year I'll bet.

One bad game does not mean a career, unless he doestn't have the guts to get ice it.

I don't think we will actually. It's funny, what was the biggest positive on Peterman coming out of the draft  and the reason everyone thought he was such a steal in the fifth round (bottom of the fifth round, mind you)?  He was supposed to be the most NFL ready guy, right? The reality is that we saw a guy who absolutely should not have been on the field on Sunday.

I would bet that our starter next year in week one is either our newly drafted first round rookie or Taylor as the rookie sits waiting in the wings. 

Please don't let it be Jeff Tuel 2.0 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think we will actually. It's funny, what was the biggest positive on Peterman coming out of the draft  and the reason everyone thought he was such a steal in the fifth round (bottom of the fifth round, mind you)?  He was supposed to be the most NFL ready guy, right? The reality is that we saw a guy who absolutely should not have been on the field on Sunday.

I would bet that our starter next year in week one is either our newly drafted first round rookie or Taylor as the rookie sits waiting in the wings. 

Please don't let it be Jeff Tuel 2.0 0:)

One game does not make a career.  Like the Saints game didn't make Taylor.

Peterman will get a shot to earn the job.

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

dumb, dumb dumb dumb.

yeah, he was real good against the back ups in garbage time. I'm sure that was enough for you to regain some hope going in to kc. if they get blown out for a fourth time it wont fall on the shoulders of taylor or the offense though because the defense is so bad, right?

as for peterman, historically bad no doubt but once they are eliminated dec 2nd they'll likely give him another chance and he'll take his lumps the last four games so they can go in to the off season and evaluate both QBs. I have a feeling the QB stable will not be the same along with most of the roster going in to 2018?

No, what's dumb, dumb dumb dumb is saying Taylor looked bad when you are literally pointing to one out of 40+ snaps he took as a sign he was bad, too. 

And what's dumb, dumb dumb dumb is deciding he was bad when you didn't even watch most of the snaps he took.

And for the record, Taylor was utterly crappy against the Saints. I said when McDermott benched him I completely understood the benching, largely because I thought Peterman would be able to run the offense.

Boy was I wrong!

So were the coaches :flirt:

But really I think this was the second best outcome for the bills with what transpired last week in terms of the QB position. The best obviously would've been Peterman playing lights out and looking like a great QB and his first start and leading us to victory.

That didn't happen. He was spectacularly awful. And this solidifies the fact that he won't be our long-term answer at QB and forces McBeane's hands even more in the draft to go up and get a QB high. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

48 TDs passing

14 TDs rushing

17 interceptions

16 fumbles (don't know how many were lost fumbles) 

62 total TDs.

20 total turnovers.

6 hours ago, JM2009 said:

Five fumbles right. 62 TDs and 22 turnovers total.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s correct

No 15 interceptions and 5 lost turnovers. 20 total turnovers.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I saw 2 picks by Peterman that weren't his fault, unfortunately we won't get a chance to see if he can rebound from those mistakes he made and now were going to see Tyrod Taylor, the guy we know can't lead us to the playoffs.

I saw 1, but also saw 1 near pick-6 a defender dropped and a botched snap that was Peterman's fault if we're really keeping track of who's at fault for what.

Why doesn't this same backwards logic apply for Taylor who would have just 1 interception to 12 passing TDs if Charles Clay didn't let catchable balls bounce through his hands.

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

62 total TDs.

20 total turnovers.

so do you believe with those outstanding stats he'll lead a team to the playoffs and beyond, you know, a championship? I mean you praise him for his stats yet he has not helped the team to go where it needs to go. I know, it's coaching, bad defense, no wr's so he will likely go down in history just as he is, a stop gap QB with great stats. 

48 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One game does not make a career.  Like the Saints game didn't make Taylor.

Peterman will get a shot to earn the job.

We'll see.

If he does, I don't think he wins it.

And if he does win it, I don't think he keeps it very long when he faces real NFL regular season defenses and not preseason defenses or his own team's TC defense.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so do you believe with those outstanding stats he'll lead a team to the playoffs and beyond, you know, a championship? I mean you praise him for his stats yet he has not helped the team to go where it needs to go. I know, it's coaching, bad defense, no wr's so he will likely go down in history just as he is, a stop gap QB with great stats. 

I don't know what you mean by "lead a team," but yeah Taylor could absolutely be a starting QB for a playoff team.

He can't carry a team like Brady, Rodgers or Brees.

Give him a top 10-15 defense, an above average OL and a decent running game all in the same season and yes, you get him in the playoffs with a potential playoff win or two.

Why does this seem so far fetched to some of you? Is anyone seeing what's happened to Dak Prescott without a running game?

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We'll see.

If he does, I don't think he wins it.

And if he does win it, I don't think he keeps it very long when he faces real NFL regular season defenses and not preseason defenses or his own team's TC defense.

I don't know what you mean by "lead a team," but yeah Taylor could absolutely be a starting QB for a playoff team.

He can't carry a team like Brady, Rodgers or Brees.

Give him a top 10-15 defense, an above average OL and a decent running game all in the same season and yes, you get him in the playoffs with a potential playoff win or two.

Why does this seem so far fetched to some of you? Is anyone seeing what's happened to Dak Prescott without a running game?

lead > leader of the team

why does it have to be far fetched. I pretty much knew you would say he could but you see taylor in a much different light than some so I can see where you would believe he could. 

so far in his career it's been nothing but excuses why he can't. maybe when he takes flight to another team he'll have the opportunity but I really don't see it happening in buffalo.

edit: I say this not necessarily knocking taylor but feel it will take another two (two drafts) off seasons to get the roster to where they can actually compete for a playoff berth, that is if they manage to succeed at doing so?  I don't see taylor here in 2019/20.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

lead > leader of the team

why does it have to be far fetched. I pretty much knew you would say he could but you see taylor in a much different light than some so I can see where you would believe he could. 

so far in his career it's been nothing but excuses why he can't. maybe when he takes flight to another team he'll have the opportunity but I really don't see it happening in buffalo.

Lead is greater than leader of the team?

What does that even mean?

And if you knew what I would say, why did you ask?

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lead is greater than leader of the team?

What does that even mean?

And if you knew what I would say, why did you ask?

I don't know, I have heard the term used many times, sorry it confused you.

just one example I found out of the many times "lead" has been used when speaking of a QB.

Drew Bledsoe went down in Week 2 of the 2001 season, opening the door for a young upstart named Tom Brady. Brady went on to upset the St. Louis Rams, lead a dynasty, and star in an UGGs commercial.

google list

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

8 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

The ultimate goal is to win a SB....and I don't see Tyrod Taylor QBing the Bills to a Lombardi.....ever....

Not with that O line and staff of receivers. No one can.

Can't hardly judge TT fairly in this offensive Offense

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not with that O line and staff of receivers. No one can.

Can't hardly judge TT fairly in this offensive Offense

What do say to the teams TT has played who simply state that the way to beat him is to " make him be a QB " ? We have now heard several teams mention it...going back to last year....don't you think those players know what they're talking about ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

62 total TDs.

20 total turnovers.

61 TDs and 20 turnovers if you want to get technical and exclude his 2 int and 1 rushing TD in Balt.

Whatever fits your agenda I guess. I was just going by his career stats.

No one thinks Tyrod is the worst qb in the league if trying to win next Sunday.

if there’s any debate that it can’t get worse than Tyrod - it would center around the question “is giving a viable but below average starter a commitment the worst thing a team can do?”

there are a few fair questions around that.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

No one thinks Tyrod is the worst qb in the league if trying to win next Sunday.

if there’s any debate that it can’t get worse than Tyrod - it would center around the question “is giving a viable but below average starter a commitment the worst thing a team can do?”

there are a few fair questions around that.

Yes. Fools gold.

Ok it can. But what is Taylor going to do other than get us to 7-9 or 8-8 every year? Dude goes from looking pretty good to looking like the worst QB in the league when a defense simply drops 8 into coverage. I mean how do you game plan with that as an OC??

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Ok it can. But what is Taylor going to do other than get us to 7-9 or 8-8 every year? Dude goes from looking pretty good to looking like the worst QB in the league when a defense simply drops 8 into coverage. I mean how do you game plan with that as an OC??

Fair and easy question that seems to melt brain cells of a certain group.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, Jauronimo said:

I've been arguing this point for years to no avail. 

It can always get worse and usually, it does.

Of course it could get worse. Tyrod's only slightly below average. We could have a guy who was genuinely awful.

But actually that would be better, as we'd have fewer wins and a better draft spot. We should've done a total rebuild instead of middling it. When it comes to draft spots, a worse team this year is generally better.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And this solidifies the fact that he won't be our long-term answer at QB and forces McBeane's hands even more in the draft to go up and get a QB high. :thumbsup:

It certainly does NOT solidify that Peterman won't be the long-term answer. One game, his first? Nonsense.

It clearly says he's not ready. And likely makes it even more obvious that they're drafting a QB high, which was something they'd probably have done even if he'd looked pretty good.

But this is way too little information to make any kind of long-term judgment on.

On 11/24/2017 at 4:37 AM, Theshallowcross said:

This is what makes me laugh about All-22 reviews where the writer will use only 3-4 plays from a game where 60+ plays were run. It's the ultimate cherry pick and a lot of people will eat it up and run with it one way or the other. Whatever fits their own personal agenda and narrative. 

Taylor is a good QB. Only in Buffalo is he not valued the way that he should be and I've lost all confidence in the current front office and coaching staff. 

Yeah, only in Buffalo. 

That's why they didn't offer him a contract in Baltimore.

He's likely to be a long-term NFL player but unlikely to ever be much more of a long-term career starter than Fitzy or McCown, though a slightly better player than either. Always the guy they're looking to upgrade from. It really is too bad, he's a great person and a hard worker.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It certainly does NOT solidify that Peterman won't be the long-term answer. One game, his first? Nonsense.

It clearly says he's not ready. And likely makes it even more obvious that they're drafting a QB high, which was something they'd probably have done even if he'd looked pretty good.

But this is way too little information to make any kind of long-term judgment on.

Yeah, only in Buffalo. 

That's why they didn't offer him a contract in Baltimore.

He's likely to be a long-term NFL player but unlikely to ever be much more of a long-term career starter than Fitzy or McCown, though a slightly better player than either. Always the guy they're looking to upgrade from. It really is too bad, he's a great person and a hard worker.

His coaches in Baltimore, Kubiak, and, uh, Dennison, wanted him and offered more money than the Bills, but he thought he had a better chance to play in Buff so he took that offer.