Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

44 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, they lost the 2nd Jets game because no one got off the team bus except Tyrod Taylor.

That Jets game this year along with the 2nd Miami game and MNF Seattle games last year are perfect examples of really good QB play with a team losing in spite of the QB, not because of him.

On the flip side, last year's win against Cincinnati is the perfect example of a team winning in spite of really bad QB play.

Wins and Losses are a team stat, but Taylor's a good enough QB for a good team to win and go into the playoffs with.  Unfortunately, the last 3 games make it look like this just isn't a good team.

But nothing  That bridge has closed Please use the DETOUR through Peterman Drive 

You keep pointing to 2 games out of 15 from last season,  TWO of FIFTEEN -  

We can say the same thing about the Saints game and the Chargers game.  No one showed up until it was too late. 

as to good enough...   Mr Escapability  in the Jets game #2  --  9 sacks for Taylor. Not good at all.  

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummm... the Bills with Taylor at QB are 7-11 on the road.

Not great, but certainly not bad enough to expect that a "road game" that really is more of a neutral site game is somehow surely or even highly likely a loss.

This season?  1 Win.  

This is not last years team but for a few key players. 

Join the Revolution 

Viva la McDermott 

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Trubisky and Watson both look pretty good to me. 

Trubisky has not been good at all. I’ve seen a couple analyses that he can’t throw to the left side of the field and he’s too easy to defend as a result. Watson has now tore 2 ACLs in the last 4 years.

Swing... and a miss.

56 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes... we good  :flirt:

But you don't throw away a mid tier QB in a QB-driven league without having an upgrade.

And you especially don't trot out hot garbage onto the field when your team is very much in the middle of a legitimate Wild Card race and throw a game that might come back to haunt you later.

As I have said earlier 

I am but a lowly fan trying to love my Bills 

9 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Trubisky and Watson both look pretty good to me. 

How can anyone take you seriously now? Tribusky looks good to you? 6 games 77 passes 53.1% 4tds 2 Ints 17 sacks 3 fumbles. 

In his two wins he threw a total of 12 passes. Not each game. Total. Lost the other 4. 

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How can anyone take you seriously now? Tribusky looks good to you? 6 games 77 passes 53.1% 4tds 2 Ints 17 sacks 3 fumbles. 

In his two wins he threw a total of 12 passes. Not each game. Total. Lost the other 4. 

Scott.  May I suggest that when reading a post you ask yourself ....   Is this person being serious or yanking peoples chains?

It may help going forward

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Bears are in a much better place than Bills. 

Id take Trubisky or Watson over our pair of busted qbs anyday 

Hot start for Watson, slow start for Trubisky. 

300 yards vs Green Bay, game tieing/winning drive this past weekend foiled by missed Fg.  

Plenty of promise in both.    You know a Gm that would take our guys over either ?    Nope.   

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Scott.  May I suggest that when reading a post you ask yourself ....   Is this person being serious or yanking peoples chains?

It may help going forward

The poster is 100% serious. He has been on Trubisky’s jock strap and wanted the Bills to trade up for him. Funny enough he says people who like Tyrod as a starter are part of a cult.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The poster is 100% serious. He has been on Trubisky’s jock strap and wanted the Bills to trade up for him. Funny enough he says people who like Tyrod as a starter are part of a cult.

I'll say it one last time, I am not crusher.  

Scott and Jm might be though 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well.......   to the latter   of  kind of agree.   ;)

I guess I should have also said ...   If you think they are bonkers ....  move on and ignore them.   I do.  It does help with the experience here. 

Also .... when you mess with someone crazier than you are   You get what you deserve.  

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Taylor was not good against the Jets. He built up his stats at the end of the game which he always does. Does very poorly throughout the game and then in the last few minutes he can suddenly throw the ball competently but its far too late.

No, Taylor had like 170 passing yards and a TD before anything you could classify as "garbage time."

Taylor was basically the same effective QB throughout the entire game.  And the Jets D really never let up.

Go rewatch the game.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I asked for anyone to breakdown the first 3 QTRs of the Jets game and the 4th QTR to see what the numbers were.... Sound of Crickets.

IF only we had someone here that loved to do that type of stuff.   

I did it a long time ago... like right after the Jets game.  I want to say I came up with 168 passing yards and 1 passing TD and then the O'Leary fumble, after which I think you could classify the rest of Taylor's stats as "garbage stats" if you want.

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Eh I don't really care if people come back from being banned or had an alt account because they knew they would be. What I care is coming in and calling people CoT and crap like that. I absolutely hate that.

Want to argue fine. Have a different opinion fine. Calling people CoT is childish and insulting. Argue points not a poster. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If you’re thinking of the same person I am I wonder how they feel about Trubisky now.

Oh man I was totally thinking the same poster.

Ironically, that would make this his 3rd username in the brief 7 or 8 months he's been here.

Troll away... troll away 0:)

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, Taylor had like 170 passing yards and a TD before anything you could classify as "garbage time."

Taylor was basically the same effective QB throughout the entire game.  And the Jets D really never let up.

Go rewatch the game.

I did it a long time ago... like right after the Jets game.  I want to say I came up with 168 passing yards and 1 passing TD and then the O'Leary fumble, after which I think you could classify the rest of Taylor's stats as "garbage stats" if you want.

Sorry I must have missed it.  

:thumbsup: 

22 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Anyone remember all the way back to last week ? 

Those were the days.      Keep the Cot disbanded, you guys hate free speech more than Antifa.  

Didn’t you start a thread boasting that it was dead forever or something? If “forever” you meant 1 half of football than you were spot on.

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t you start a thread boasting that it was dead forever or something? If “forever” you meant 1 half of football than you were spot on.

No, I'm happy for you though.  

If your genuinely excited for more play from #5 good on ya.  

Dennison will be on him  to make sure he takes some chances I hope.      

3 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

No, I'm happy for you though.  

If your genuinely excited for more play from #5 good on ya.  

Dennison will be on him  to make sure he takes some chances I hope.      

I think Tyrod is obviously the best QB on the roster. He’s an average starter that should have been starting until the Bills were eliminated. He’s the best QB since Flutie. I’m all for getting a guy in the draft but to think there was a better option this year was just foolish. 

On 11/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, Air it out Fitzy said:

Bears are in a much better place than Bills. 

Id take Trubisky or Watson over our pair of busted qbs anyday 

Hot start for Watson, slow start for Trubisky. 

300 yards vs Green Bay, game tieing/winning drive this past weekend foiled by missed Fg.  

Plenty of promise in both.    You know a Gm that would take our guys over either ?    Nope.   

One week ago you couldn't get enough of Peterman. Go figure.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:09 PM, Bangarang said:

Transplant couldn’t be happier right now. He gets to say I told you so and Tyrod gets to be our starter again. 

You mean like the Anti TT people were doing last week before the Peterman disaster after TT got benched?  LMAO..."I told you so" is the heart and soul of TSW lol

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not a reason to throw significantly worse in the game just because it can get better :flirt:

did it really get that much better? I mean, that's digging really deep to try and find any consolation in that game. 

I wasn't sure they were going to put taylor back in and then when they did I thought no way it can get any worse (which this play does not equal worse than the kid but it sure as hell didn't look any better at the time) then this play happened and it was then, I shut the damn game off. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

did it really get that much better? I mean, that's digging really deep to try and find any consolation in that game. 

I wasn't sure they were going to put taylor back in and then when they did I thought no way it can get any worse (which this play does not equal worse than the kid but it sure as hell didn't look any better at the time) then this play happened and it was then, I shut the damn game off. 

giphy.gif

So you didn't watch most of the half Taylor played? 1 turnover to 5 turnovers that almost turned to 7? Yeah that alone is much better... without even factoring in the positive plays.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So you didn't watch most of the half Taylor played? 1 turnover to 5 turnovers that almost turned to 7? Yeah that alone is much better... without even factoring in the positive plays.

what for? maybe in your mind he could of made a come back after being down 30? or maybe you just like to see taylor play and it was reason enough for you to keep watching? I saw it go to 47-10 after that play and said there are better things in life to do than to watch that garbage.

hell, I may not even make it past the half this next game if their getting their ass handed to them like the last 3 weeks? before you go and question why I should or shouldn't watch or if it means I'm more or less a fan, I'm not dedicated enough to waste my time watching a beat down.

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think TT has 60 something total TDs and only 20 total turnovers. Why DaBills focussed on that one play when he knows TT rarely turns the ball over, to me, is sour grapes because he really pushed for Peterman. But he's a good poster overall.

13 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

I think TT has 60 something total TDs and only 20 total turnovers. Why DaBills focussed on that one play when he knows TT rarely turns the ball over, to me, is sour grapes because he really pushed for Peterman. But he's a good poster overall.

why I did was to let the OP know, even taylor looked bad in that game. one looking better than the other made no real difference anyway, they were not winning that game. the only stats that matter are in the w/l column. you can boast, post and sling stats around all day, if they're not winning football games, making the post season ( has taylor made the post season yet?) then those stats are irrelevant.

I did not PUSH for peterman. I pulled for him to do well, why not? I'm tired of taylor, seen enough of him. but, until they're officially eliminated dec 2nd, I'll have to see taylor under center. then, when they're 5-7 it wont matter how much anyone wants to see taylor because they will likely allow peterman to finish the last 4 meaningless games and take his lumps so that during the off season they can evaluate his future, as well as taylors.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

giphy.gif

2:03 on the clock when the ball is snapped. 2:00 on the clock when he's stripped of the ball. I was told Taylor holds the ball too long*.

(He does on some plays but oh man did Ingram and Bosa dominate last week)

34 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

This is what makes me laugh about All-22 reviews where the writer will use only 3-4 plays from a game where 60+ plays were run. It's the ultimate cherry pick and a lot of people will eat it up and run with it one way or the other. Whatever fits their own personal agenda and narrative. 

Taylor is a good QB. Only in Buffalo is he not valued the way that he should be and I've lost all confidence in the current front office and coaching staff. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

4 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

This is what makes me laugh about All-22 reviews where the writer will use only 3-4 plays from a game where 60+ plays were run. It's the ultimate cherry pick and a lot of people will eat it up and run with it one way or the other. Whatever fits their own personal agenda and narrative. 

Taylor is a good QB. Only in Buffalo is he not valued the way that he should be and I've lost all confidence in the current front office and coaching staff. 

My problem with the agenda people is what QB have we had that could do better than TT the answer is none. Then their response is "if your satisfied with 8-8"and so on. As if these rosters have had SB talent on them.

Edited by JM2009
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

He's the best we have , but he's not good enough to carry the team on his shoulder......he's average...not good....

14 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

we shall see. he had the opportunity to shop himself last year, and he came back to Buffalo on a greatly reduced salary. 

I am willing to bet he signs somewhere for backup money and the opportunity to compete for a starting job. Good backup money in the neighborhood of $7-$9 M, but certainly not $18M starter money.

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

He's the best we have , but he's not good enough to carry the team on his shoulder......he's average...not good....

This is problem I have though honestly. He is above average but you're right that he can't carry a team on his shoulders. If you're being honest with yourself though there are only a handful of those guys in football anyway and I would even say maybe 2 quarterbacks in the entire league that can carry a team on their backs (Brady and Rodgers) and there is the end of the list. 

So you hitch your ship to a guy that can win you games by being accurate and not turning the ball over and you build around that guy. Taylor has 61 TDs in his Bills career with only 15 interceptions. He has a 62.9 completion %. He has suffered from poor defenses in his 3 years and a revolving door at OC. Dennison is the worst and most inept of the bunch. 

We need to build the team around him. Not gut the team of talent and scapegoat Taylor.