Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Crusher is upset tonight. I have yet to see him not look like a fool with his predictions and rantings. 

i like the part where you keep calling me crusher ???

My predictions are on point.    3 to 7 win bills are 3 to 7 win bills.

stop spamming the site

(crusher, xrushx, foxx) and everyone else you defame are entitled to their opinions, you're just an ass. 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

i like the part where you keep calling me crusher ???

My predictions are on point.    3 to 7 win bills are 3 to 7 win bills.

stop spamming the site (crusher, xrushx, foxx) and everyone else you defame are entitled to their opinions, you're just an ass. 

Opinions are not what you and a few others are posting here. Crusade is more like it. And a nasty one. And everyone knows you are Crusher.

58 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Of course it can get worse than Taylor, no one ever said otherwise.  The point is it can never get better than Taylor, who is by definition mediocre, unless they try someone new.  

In trying to find something better than mediocre they tried Peterman and he fell flat. Bummer. They need to give him another chance of course (probably not this week, but before the end of the year), but regardless of that, today was a big step toward confirming they need to draft a QB early next spring.

I know it drives people crazy, but there is a 3 year plan happening and it supersedes any 2017 plans.

I totally agree. At least we will get to see what we have in Peterman to see if he can be a part of the future. We need to draft a QB for the future next draft. There needs to be stability at QB. We werent going to be a good playoff team with Taylor and we wont be with Peterman either. There are glaring holes all over the team. The Oline it terrible. The DLine is marginally better. The LB's are subpar for NFL standards. Lorenzo Alexander is way past his useful prime. Twice I saw Milano try to fill the same hole as another Bills defender and the RB went through the open gap. The Bills will need better depth at WR and TE. They need to draft a RB because Shady need help

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you watch both games?  Are you seriously trying to compare Prescott's performance and Peterman's?

Not at all. I’m saying we benched Tyrod for playing that bad when we had the same number of wins.

25 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

C'mon, Prescott has actually run a pretty good offence that's now missing one of its biggest weapons in Elliott.

So without a good run game he becomes a below average QB? He’s been taking sacks and turning the ball over like crazy the past 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not at all. I’m saying we benched Tyrod for playing that bad when we had the same number of wins.

So without a good run game he becomes a below average QB? He’s been taking sacks and turning the ball over like crazy the past 2 weeks.

The difference is that Dak has actually shown he can be a good QB in this league. And it's not like the last 2 opponents of theirs were some garbage teams either. Dak gets the benefit of having proven some stuff in the league already to have a few bad starts

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The difference is that Dak has actually shown he can be a good QB in this league. And it's not like the last 2 opponents of theirs were some garbage teams either. Dak gets the benefit of having proven some stuff in the league already to have a few bad starts

SO HAS TYROD

This is seriously insanity

Our offense was great last year.  Tyrod is probably in the #10-#12 range of QBs, and that is PLENTY good enough to win with.  He'll never be a Brady.  Few QBs are.

The best part about committing to a QB of the caliber of Tyrod Taylor is that you have free reign to take flyers on guys until you hit on one that you think can be a top 5 guy, and there's simultaneously no pressure to play the new prospect but also no big shock or surprise when you finally part ways with the vet.

27 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, Tyrod had the team 7th in points before benching last year so...

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Dak Prescott has 86 yards, 2 picks, and a fumble returned for a TD tonight. After a promising 5-3 start they will now fall to 5-5.

Anyone here think Prescott should get benched?

Prescott is really just the example of the tier 2 QBs that I'd put Taylor in.

Wrong circumstances - He'll be bad

Decent circumstances - He'll look like an NFL starter 

Great to ideal circumstances - He'll look like a pro bowler and can lead a team on a playoff run

The moment you knew Zeke was going to miss games was the moment you had to know Dak would take a big step back.

Same with Matt Ryan when Shanahan left.

Hey, how's everyone's favorite 2016 QB Derek Carr doing?

What's up with Mariota?

Too bad in today's world we're seriously victims of the moment and have the memories of goldfish.

We can and should be trying to upgrade actively on Taylor, but he's fine until we're able to do that, which I assume will be next draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe Taylor needed to be shaken to react from the two horribles past weeks  at least thats the way looked to me. The Taylor of this week it seems different from past and not only in field.

(And i still dislike him as QB)

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

2 of Tyrod’s 3 picks went right through Clay’s hands. Is it 4-1 then in picks? Maybe the OL has allowed pressure the whole year but Tyrod escapes it and keeps plays alive? I’m just thinking out loud but that’s what it looked like to me.

This team was the exact same today but their shortcomings got exposed. They want to throw these stupid WC routes with no threat over the top. Guess what happened? They jumped the routes and picked that stiff 5 times in a half!! That’s not a surprise. It’s a disgrace. That falls on the coaching staff.

No way Kirbs! Our OL is great! Haven't you seen Tyrod's time to throw?

:sick:

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

unless Taylor is playing...

amiright? :flirt:

Taylor doesn't turn the ball over. That's what he's good at. Instead, he results in punts (except for his fumble-touchdown yesterday). 

And when the defense is playing as poorly as it is, there's little-to-no difference between throwing an interception and punting the ball to the opponent.

Last three games, all blowouts, Taylor started 2, Peterman 1.

Is there any difference if your getting blown out and your offense cant stay on the field?

Good thing the bills traded back in the first round instead of taking a QB, we have that cornerstone DB in Tre White though. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, joesixpack said:

He was terrible, that much is indisputable.

The problem is, the other guy sucks donkey balls in the OPPOSITE direction. Our choices today are : guy who won't take chances and a guy who hasn't seen a chance he wouldn't like to take.

Tyrod does not suck. He literally has masked this teams offensive shortcomings this entire season. He had a clunker of a game against the Saints, it happens. But you need to give up this narrative that he flat out "Sucks". Jamarcus Russell sucked. Brian Brohm sucked. Brady Quinn sucked. Jimmy Clausen sucked. Tyrod is not on that level. Average? Sure

2 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Tyrod does not suck. He literally has masked this teams offensive shortcomings this entire season. He had a clunker of a game against the Saints, it happens. But you need to give up this narrative that he flat out "Sucks". Jamarcus Russell sucked. Brian Brohm sucked. Brady Quinn sucked. Jimmy Clausen sucked. Tyrod is not on that level. Average? Sure

*bangs head on desk*

8 hours ago, JM2009 said:

Opinions are not what you and a few others are posting here. Crusade is more like it. And a nasty one. And everyone knows you are Crusher.

Internet bullying is bad.      You are crusher 

7 hours ago, Avisan said:

SO HAS TYROD

This is seriously insanity

Our offense was great last year.  Tyrod is probably in the #10-#12 range of QBs, and that is PLENTY good enough to win with.  He'll never be a Brady.  Few QBs are.

The best part about committing to a QB of the caliber of Tyrod Taylor is that you have free reign to take flyers on guys until you hit on one that you think can be a top 5 guy, and there's simultaneously no pressure to play the new prospect but also no big shock or surprise when you finally part ways with the vet.

18-25 you mean

25 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He sucks.     It's pretty official.   

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Most interceptions in a half since 1991.

That was sickening.

And shocking.

I legitimately thought Peterman would come in and play well.

Right now he looks like Jeff Tuel 2.0... worse actually.

Too many posters here saying our passing game couldn't get any worse.

Come eat some crow. 0:)

At least he was awful enough that we can quickly go back to Taylor and try for a playoff run in our super weak conference :thumbsup:

Yes it can

AND 

It can get a whole lot better.  :thumbsup:

Ah the lovely crusade word from the Caped Crusader himself jm2009

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The difference between the two is that Peterman is already throwing by the time Mills' man is crushing him. Taylor holds the ball too long to be throwing by then. 

How can people "pretend" the outcome would have changed with Taylor.  

He'd have been sacked on those same plays Nate got hit.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I knew this would happen though. Peteraman is bad, the board would overreact, Peterman was good, the board would overreact.

Taylor is not a top 10-12 QB in this league all of the sudden because Peterman was bad.

the Bills needs to do better and continue to search until they have the guy in place.

For those saying you can win with Taylor, well, why aren't the Bills "Winning with Taylor"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I knew this would happen though. Peteraman is bad, the board would overreact, Peterman was good, the board would overreact.

Taylor is not a top 10-12 QB in this league all of the sudden because Peterman was bad.

the Bills needs to do better and continue to search until they have the guy in place.

For those saying you can win with Taylor, well, why aren't the Bills "Winning with Taylor"?

He has a winning record this year and in his Bills career. They are actually winning with him. I think what yesterday showed is that they haven’t been winning “despite” him as some on here have claimed. They’ve won “because” of him in a lot of cases. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He has a winning record this year and in his Bills career. They are actually winning with him. I think what yesterday showed is that they haven’t been winning “despite” him as some on here have claimed. They’ve won “because” of him in a lot of cases. 

I disagree with this completely. They were winning earlier this year because the defense was playing out of its mind.  

the defense has come crashing back down to earth, and you are losing.

You win with Taylor if everything else is perfect, we need better than that. 

Yesterday showed nothing, Yesterday was an all time bad performance by a QB who was not ready for the big stage and the coach needs to answer for that.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has masked a lot of deficiencies of the offense. Ever since he was named the starter in 2015 I feel as though the Bills have treated Tyrod like a girl with cooties, trying to find every way to make him not the guy. Wellllllll as you have seen with the last two times he has not started, we are a really bad football team. Tyrod makes us a mediocre football team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I disagree with this completely. They were winning earlier this year because the defense was playing out of its mind.  

the defense has come crashing back down to earth, and you are losing.

You win with Taylor if everything else is perfect, we need better than that. 

Yesterday showed nothing, Yesterday was an all time bad performance by a QB who was not ready for the big stage and the coach needs to answer for that.

When you dominate the turnover margin the QB plays a MASSIVE role in that. If they were getting hose picks and then had Peterman throwing it right back to the opponent they wouldn’t have been 5-2. This team lacks weapons and Tyrod had to make plays to go with a good defense. He did. They didn’t win despite him.

1 minute ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He has masked a lot of deficiencies of the offense. Ever since he was named the starter in 2015 I feel as though the Bills have treated Tyrod like a girl with cooties, trying to find every way to make him not the guy. Wellllllll as you have seen with the last two times he has not started, we are a really bad football team. Tyrod makes us a mediocre football team. 

Perfectly said 

4 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He forgot to mask them in all the games they didn't force turnovers ?    Please stop elevating Tyrod's crap play because Peterman crapped out as well 

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

He forgot to mask them in all the games they didn't force turnovers ?    Please stop elevating Tyrod's crap play because Peterman crapped out as well 

They have lost all 4 games that he hasn’t started over the last 4 years. 3 of the 4 losses came against losing teams. He’s won more than half of his starts. You can keep showing up with a new name but you still have the same bs takes.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They have lost all 4 games that he hasn’t started over the last 4 years. 3 of the 4 losses came against losing teams. He’s won more than half of his starts. You can keep showing up with a new name but you still have the same bs takes.

Okay I'll pretend Taylors good too now because of Peterman ??‍♂️

Neither one is worth keeping around.    And you know this man.  

Tyrods embarrassing play vs Panthers/Saints = Petermans embarrassing play vs Chargers 

Taylor's the best QB we've had in a long time. 

He stretched the field quite a bit when we had Sammy

He looked good for the short time that Robert Woods, Sammy and Percy Harvin were healthy and starting.

He's Alex Smith, the perfect starter while we look for our QB of the future. But of course we want to get the best QB we've had in the last 20 years off the field to play a 5th rounder from Pitt who couldn't win the starting job at Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

TT is a QB who isn't going to win games by himself, but won't lose games by himself. In other words, a pretty average QB.

Peterman gave them no chance with those turnovers.

In saying that, the defence was awful once again and it wouldn't have mattered who started the game.

Would have been closer if TT played but that's about it

TT was a 3 and out QB the last two weeks and when defensive players keep saying they just make him be a QB and he chooses not to use his legs at all, he hurts this team.  Peterman while he doesn't look like the answer was not helped by the right side of the line or his FB.  Peterman should have taken a few sacks but I think we see why the Bills don't throw down the field enough.

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Of course not.  He's been a top 10-12 QB in this league the whole time.  He has a crap O-line and a questionable cast of receiving targets in a terrible scheme.  Many QBs look like a dumpster fire in those circumstances.  Tyrod has looked AVERAGE despite dealing with those circumstances.

There are things he doesn't do very well, which is why he'll never be a top 5 or top 8 guy.  But he's plenty good enough to win with.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Most interceptions in a half since 1991.

That was sickening.

And shocking.

I legitimately thought Peterman would come in and play well.

Right now he looks like Jeff Tuel 2.0... worse actually.

Too many posters here saying our passing game couldn't get any worse.

Come eat some crow. 0:)

At least he was awful enough that we can quickly go back to Taylor and try for a playoff run in our super weak conference :thumbsup:

It can get worse than a QB that made the pro bowl 2 consecutive years? Of course it can; much worse. 

It started with the hiring of Dennison. Things got worse. It continued with the dismantling of the Oline. Things got even worse. 

The entire offensive system is a joke. 

1 minute ago, unclepete said:

Taylor's the best QB we've had in a long time. 

He stretched the field quite a bit when we had Sammy

He looked good for the short time that Robert Woods, Sammy and Percy Harvin were healthy and starting.

He's Alex Smith, the perfect starter while we look for our QB of the future. But of course we want to get the best QB we've had in the last 20 years off the field to play a 5th rounder from Pitt who couldn't win the starting job at Tennessee.

We can't forget how bad he looked the past two games, can we?   I would also consider Bledsoe, Flutie and even Orton higher than Tyrod.

7 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Of course not.  He's been a top 10-12 QB in this league the whole time.  He has a crap O-line and a questionable cast of receiving targets in a terrible scheme.  Many QBs look like a dumpster fire in those circumstances.  Tyrod has looked AVERAGE despite dealing with those circumstances.

There are things he doesn't do very well, which is why he'll never be a top 5 or top 8 guy.  But he's plenty good enough to win with.

Fake news.    You can google the #'s and get back with a realistic number perhaps ?

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

We can't forget how bad he looked the past two games, can we?   I would also consider Bledsoe, Flutie and even Orton higher than Tyrod.

I disagree. Bledsoe for one year, maybe. But he also lossed a lot of games because he consistently turned the ball over. Flutie and Orton were on better teams. He didn't play well that last 2 games but we know this offense isn't built to score quickly. It's built for long sustained drives and quick decisions by the QB. Tyrod is the type of QB that holds on to the ball and has to see a receiver open. Not necessarily his strength. So if the Bills get down early with these receivers and these play calls it's a death sentence. Good coaches adjust their offense and defense to the strengths of their players. We put Tyrod in a position to fail and ask him to play to his weaknesses. Then blame him for the defense sucking. 

10 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Okay I'll pretend Taylors good too now because of Peterman ??‍♂️

Neither one is worth keeping around.    And you know this man.  

Tyrods embarrassing play vs Panthers/Saints = Petermans embarrassing play vs Chargers 

No, tyrod is average and Peterman is bad. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

DO you really want to go into games the bills should have won with Taylor at QB that they didnt.

Again just because Taylor is better than Peterman doesnt mean he is good.

Hell, EJ Manuel is better than Peterman, perhaps we should start him next.

8 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Im just curious if you could list out the 10-11 Qbs who are better than him, Im curious who you leave off the list. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I disagree. Bledsoe for one year, maybe. But he also lossed a lot of games because he consistently turned the ball over. Flutie and Orton were on better teams. He didn't play well that last 2 games but we know this offense isn't built to score quickly. It's built for long sustained drives and quick decisions by the QB. Tyrod is the type of QB that holds on to the ball and has to see a receiver open. Not necessarily his strength. So if the Bills get down early with these receivers and these play calls it's a death sentence. Good coaches adjust their offense and defense to the strengths of their players. We put Tyrod in a position to fail and ask him to play to his weaknesses. Then blame him for the defense sucking. 

I agree but is this the coaching or Tyrod?  I have watched Tyrod in college and the pros and he has always resisted running in groups of games.  He just doesn't do it.  He can take over games or just bow out of them.  He had running room against the Jets and Saints on critical 3rd downs and neglects to run and tries a ill advised over the top pass.  He can be better if he uses all of his tools.

15 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Go back and look at Bledsoe’s Bills career. He was AWFUL. He’s the only guy in the history of the drought that we have a favorable impression of that was completely undeserved. He was Losman bad.

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I agree but is this the coaching or Tyrod?  I have watched Tyrod in college and the pros and he has always resisted running in groups of games.  He just doesn't do it.  He can take over games or just bow out of them.  He had running room against the Jets and Saints on critical 3rd downs and neglects to run and tries a ill advised over the top pass.  He can be better if he uses all of his tools.

He looks tentative to use those tools. He should use his legs more. I agree with that. But he's still our best option and can do enough to win until we draft a QB in the 1st next year. 

Just now, unclepete said:

He looks tentative to use those tools. He should use his legs more. I agree with that. But he's still our best option and can do enough to win until we draft a QB in the 1st next year. 

I hope if nothing else it jump starts him to do something special, if it does it was worth it to bench him.

8 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Neither one will ever see the playoffs.   

Go go ahead and let petey finish the season and let's go after Rosen.  

Which QB makes the playoffs in a season where their defense gives up 35+ points in 3 consecutive games?