Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Been seeing allot of knee shot tackles in secondaries league wide the past few weeks. Good to know hopefully will will not loose Benjamin longterm  for a ACL.

Thats how secondaries have been hitting for years now

the way the rules take away head hunting they keep making the tackle zone smaller and smaller

nobody wants to take on a 240+ Pound player chest up

they are taking out his knees everytime... it's sad but that's how the league went

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the way the rules take away head hunting they keep making the tackle zone smaller and smaller

they are taking out his knees everytime... it's sad but that's how the league went

The rules are set up to make defensive players do that to avoid penalties...plus take out someone's legs is easier than making an arm tackle most times. 

Most offensive players will or would have told you they'd rather be hit high...they might get a concussion but that will only keep them out that game usually...knee injury keeps them out a year...

Not sure how many would still say that based on what we know now

Just now, matter2003 said:

The rules are set up to make defensive players do that to avoid penalties...plus take out someone's legs is easier than making an arm tackle most times. 

Most offensive players will or would have told you they'd rather be hit high...they might get a concussion but that will only keep them out that game usually...knee injury keeps them out a year...

Not sure how many would still say that based on what we know now

Thats exactly what I said. The rule changes have changed the defensive game 

and im wishy washy on where to get hit. I lost my college career because of concussions so that's touchy 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well it's mostly physics.  You can take anything down if you hit it low enough.

You hit a huge man up high and you might just bounce off.

Who remembers a game years ago when the Bills were good.

We were playing KC and Christian Okoye (?) ran over and through us like a freight train.

No one could tackle him.  The only guy who could and was doing a decent job of it was Shane Conlan, and even then he was bouncing off some of the hits.

When was that?  Like a Monday night game maybe? In like 1991 or something?

Should look that up.

OK:  The game I was thinking of has to be:

Monday, Oct. 7, 1991.  Monday night football at KC.

We lost 33-6.

Okoye had 29 rushing attempts for 122 yards.

That has to be the game I am thinking of.  Good times.

I don't ever remember a single guy running over a Bills defense worse than Okoye did on that night.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

But it's getting almost as scary as hits to the head. Just watch our ol' buddy Kiko Alonso - his hit on the Oakland lineman a couple weeks ago was helmet to the knee. Sure, if he tried to tackle him with his chest (i.e., the correct way), he probably would have gotten run over. That hit was borderline dirty, but I'm expecting to see more knee injuries in the next year or two.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I saw Larry Csonka get an unnecessary roughness penalty called against him while he was carrying the ball.

I saw Chuck Norris get an unnecessary roughness penalty...and he doesn’t even play football. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Well it's mostly physics.  You can take anything down if you hit it low enough.

You hit a huge man up high and you might just bounce off.

Who remembers a game years ago when the Bills were good.

We were playing KC and Christian Okoye (?) ran over and through us like a freight train.

No one could tackle him.  The only guy who could and was doing a decent job of it was Shane Conlan, and even then he was bouncing off some of the hits.

When was that?  Like a Monday night game maybe? In like 1991 or something?

Should look that up.

OK:  The game I was thinking of has to be:

Monday, Oct. 7, 1991.  Monday night football at KC.

We lost 33-6.

Okoye had 29 rushing attempts for 122 yards.

That has to be the game I am thinking of.  Good times.

I don't ever remember a single guy running over a Bills defense worse than Okoye did on that night.

I watched that game in college and that season was strange... we started off really great and then hit that buzz saw in KC.

The revenge came in the playoffs, where KC had to come to Buffalo and Mark Vlasic got the start over Steve DeBerg... Vlasic hurt his thumb and the rest was history... we throttled them like they did us. AWESOME RESPONSE to that MNF debacle.