To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's an exaggeration.  Was it terrible?  Yes however 9-18 a few drops and a deflected int s no where near that bad.  How about 300 yards rushing by NO.  You're ignoring what really happened.

9-18 for 56 yards where the QB was afraid to throw the ball was historically bad. You are ignoring the truth...namely that Tyrod is a terrible QB when forced to play conventionally.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He hit Thompson on a long pass on third and 1 that would have gone for 40 yards and he dropped it.  Was only 17-3 at he time.  

Another time in the first half Tolbert was stuffed again on third and1.

Yep Tyrod's fault.

So you're hanging your hat on one underthrown, contested pass that could have been caught? Keep fighting the good fight.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You're unbelievable in your hate for Tyrod and excuses for Peterman.......  Wow just wow.....

I have no reason to dislike Tyrod at all, he's a great person. It's not hate. It's seeing things for what they are.

Take the emotion down a notch, it's clouding your judgement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Just because Peterman's first outing couldn't have gone worse doesn't mean Taylor's performance against the Saints wasn't historically awful. It was the worst performance by a Bills QB at home that I have ever seen. He deserved to be benched. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for Peterman. But he'll get another opportunity starting with the Colts game in a couple weeks.

No......Taylor's performance not being historically awful makes it not historically awful.

"Historically" means there is an actual tangible context that it is being put in.    

Your short memory and subjective opinion are neither tangible nor in context.

I could say your inability to understand this is "historically" awful but without context it's also a non-point.

Capiche?  Or perhaps you'd like to expand and clear up all doubt about your ability to?

You don't have to have a good reason to hate Tyrod Taylor.......just don't B word that the degree of hate is based on justifiable context when it really is not. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No......Taylor's performance not being historically awful makes it not historically awful.

"Historically" means there is an actual tangible context that it is being put in.    

Your short memory and subjective opinion are neither tangible nor in context.

I could say your inability to understand this is "historically" awful but without context it's also a non-point.

Capiche?  Or perhaps you'd like to expand and clear up all doubt about your ability to?

You don't have to have a good reason to hate Tyrod Taylor.......just don't B word that the degree of hate is based on justifiable context when it really is not. :thumbsup:

There's that "hate" word again. Why are Tyrod lovers so emotional and over-dramatic? "Mommy - he's saying something mean about my Tyrod!"

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

There's that "hate" word again. Why are Tyrod lovers so emotional and over-dramatic? "Mommy - he's saying something mean about my Tyrod!"

Not a Tyrod lover......  It's your bias that is so sad to read over and over and not a single cogent thought. 

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

3 points against Carolina 

3 points against the Saints 

before garbage time. 

The QB has to take part in a loss as well.  

Peterman was historically awful.

The "backup QB" fans have to take part in the loss as well.:lol:

Might be the biggest humbling for Bills" backup QB" fans ever.........can't say it was historical:flirt:.......but seems like at least the biggest since the infallible Frank Reich got handed the keys when Kelly got hurt late in 1994 and totally ran the Bills out of playoff contention.

Nothing like a lack of supporting talent around a backup QB to put in perspective what the starter has been up against.  

21 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

3 points against Carolina 

3 points against the Saints 

before garbage time. 

The QB has to take part in a loss as well.  

Without question. The only problem? Taylor gets the blame when the Bills lose, but no credit whatsoever when they win.

It seems strange people can pull that off, but they do.

Also : In the Carolina game, the running backs had 14yds total. Taylor was over 80% of the rushing attack, well over 90% of the total offense, and accounted for every single first down. He even might have won the game if an overwhelmed rookie had the slightest bit of ball awareness. But if you insist on blaming one person for the Panthers game, then it's a simple choice : The OC.

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/20/2017 at 11:50 PM, #34fan said:

You need to fail in order to overcome sometimes '72... Do yourself a favor, and try not to read too much into Nate's 5-INT performance on Sunday... He's new to the game, and doesn't have much in the way of grooming and coaching to work with... If it were up to me, he'd start every week until our veteran starts acting like he really wants the job...

A rookie started his first NFL game... -There's absolutely no shame in that.

EJ's first start he threw 2TDs and no Ints vs the Patsies**. He had had less coaching and grooming than Nate Peterpan had.

Get off it. He wasn't even that good in PS. The kid stinks. 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:50 PM, #34fan said:

You need to fail in order to overcome sometimes '72... Do yourself a favor, and try not to read too much into Nate's 5-INT performance on Sunday... He's new to the game, and doesn't have much in the way of grooming and coaching to work with... If it were up to me, he'd start every week until our veteran starts acting like he really wants the job...

A rookie started his first NFL game... -There's absolutely no shame in that.

EJ's first start he threw 2TDs and no Ints vs the Patsies**. He had had less coaching and grooming than Nate Peterpan had.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:47 PM, jmc12290 said:

Peterman playing was still the right move.  Sorry.

They were trying to save the season or give the O a spark or find what what they have in Peterman:  ALL bad.  My question is why the D has given up?

Face it ... We have a 2nd string QB in Taylor and a 3rd string QB in Peterman.

People got sick of seeing a 5 yard pass where the receiver stood no chance at gaining another yard on 3rd and 11.

We need a #1 starting QB, somebody that'll take a chance ... We don't have that.

Taylor is a great guy, he works hard, but when it comes to showing what he can do, he's a eunich.

Edited by frostbitmic

You see I'm not certain how many Petermaniacs there are and how many just can't stand Tyrod.  It really is sad that they go on and on and say the same thing over and over.  Three points vs. Carolina a loss to Cincy and then the Jets and NO game.  

When he played well and the Bills won, I was decided for complaining that the offense couldn't move the ball and the few yards passing.  Then I was told he cares.

Get it right the OC has screwed the team with their terrible schemes and play calling and lousy trades undermining the Bills offence.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

People got sick of seeing a 5 yard pass where the receiver stood no chance at gaining another yard on 3rd and 11.

We need a #1 starting QB, somebody that'll take a chance ... We don't have that.

Does not matter who the QB is with Mills and Vlad holding down the right side. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

You mean Dak Prescott on the Cowboys?

On 11/19/2017 at 3:12 PM, Maine-iac said:

Since they will not just flat out say Peterman was a flaming bag of poo I'll have to just settle for the two or three times I laughed out loud as they explained that 0NLY 4 ints were on him .......... the fifth was a drop.   0h well in that case he was fantastic .........................

Even if "only" 4 were on him, he threw another pass to the right sideline that should have been a pick-6 but was dropped.

And he botched a snap that he had his hands at his sides for that could have been another turnover.

8 drives

5 turnovers 

2 3 & outs 

1 TD... thank you Shady!

Peterman was so awful that it's a good thing.

Movin on... 0:)

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/19/2017 at 5:24 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

We needed a change and this disastrous game did not change anything in terms of TT being who he is.  

Funny most thought it would be a loss regardless so please don’t pretend you have the right answer 

The OLine has been bad to say TT would do better.   

Taylor neutralizes the pass rush with his escape ability.

That Chargers game would have been much closer if not a W with Taylor in there.

The Chargers average starting field position was in Buffalo territory with Peterman at the helm even without his pick-6.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I'll blame Mills and Vlad on our coaching staff ... seriously, neither should be more than a backup at best.

Prescott only looks like an NFL QB when he can hand the ball off to Zeke the Freak.

:thumbsup: on the Ducasse and Mills.  Ducasse has been a bust since his days as a second round pick with the Jests.  He's bounced around the league  as a backup since ... until he landed in Buffalo where Dennison and Castro think he's played well as a starter.  That's how low their standards are!  :thumbsup:  Mills looked like he was  going to develop into a decent RG until Dennison instituted his zone blocking scheme which the entire OL has struggled to master except for Ducasse.

As for Dak, he looks like a shadow of himself with Zeke and LT Tyron Smith out, but that's true of most QBs, even supposed "franchise QBs", when key parts of their offenses are missing.

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For the rest of the season until? 

Seems like we only needed the last line.  

Until we are out.  

What exactly has Nate Peterman done to deserve another shot at starting this season?   

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

On Fri Nov 24 2017 at 5:57 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Peterman was historically awful.

The "backup QB" fans have to take part in the loss as well.:lol:

Might be the biggest humbling for Bills" backup QB" fans ever.........can't say it was historical:flirt:.......but seems like at least the biggest since the infallible Frank Reich got handed the keys when Kelly got hurt late in 1994 and totally ran the Bills out of playoff contention.

Nothing like a lack of supporting talent around a backup QB to put in perspective what the starter has been up against.  

it.was.his.first.start.

1 minute ago, Southtown Tommy said:

it.was.his.first.start.

That.he.never.should.have.made.

The idiot who decided to start him, then did whatever he could to prove that the Bills offensive schemes were so good that a 3rd grader with armless wr's could succeed in and it failed miserably.

I am convinced until Int #5, Peterman was not coming out.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Taylor neutralizes the pass rush with his escape ability.

That Chargers game would have been much closer if not a W with Taylor in there.

The Chargers average starting field position was in Buffalo territory with Peterman at the helm even without his pick-6.

TT neutralizes the offensive game plan because he won't and can't throw guys open. We have seen this for 2+ seasons. He doesn't throw many interceptions and he doesn't throw many touchdown passes. McD has seen enough and so have much of the fanbase.

1 minute ago, Southtown Tommy said:

TT neutralizes the offensive game plan because he won't and can't throw guys open. We have seen this for 2+ seasons. He doesn't throw many interceptions and he doesn't throw many touchdown passes. McD has seen enough and so have much of the fanbase.

No they got rid of his best receivers and put him in a no win situation with a lousy offensive game plan.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

:thumbsup: on the Ducasse and Mills.  Ducasse has been a bust since his days as a second round pick with the Jests.  He's bounced around the league  as a backup since ... until he landed in Buffalo where Dennison and Castro think he's played well as a starter.  That's how low their standards are!  :thumbsup:  Mills looked like he was  going to develop into a decent RG until Dennison instituted his zone blocking scheme which the entire OL has struggled to master except for Ducasse.

What exactly has Nate Peterman done to deserve another shot at starting this season?   

Peterman has done nothing. The experiment is over.  I don't blame the coaches. They needed to see what they had in Peterson as they knew TT would probably not take them to the playoffs or past the wild card game.  TT can not go through his progressions, but he is an escape artist and is a great runner.  Peterson behind center is the type of offense the Bills wanted to run and I'm sure he looked great in practice going against our JV line with lack of pass rush, but he never had a chance with this offensive (truly offensive) line and the Chargers crushed him.

We need to overhaul the OL and having TT be a top 15-20 QB behind this line is a miracle. What boggles my mind is that Duckass and Mills are on the field. Where's Groy? Where's Miller? Anything but these two turnstiles. We need to ride out TT this year and next year and let Peterman and a 1st rd QB duke it out.

Don't trade the farm because we need to build out both lines.  With a decent O-line our receivers might look like pros. Matthews and Benjamin are NFL starters. Zay will become one. We also need an RB like Kamara to give us a 1-2 punch. We need a DT to take double teams and another edge rusher. We need more LB. I'd like to see what Milano has and draft a good MLB with Preston as a backup. 

There truly sad thing is that all of these holes were filled before the season and our GM let them go. Oh well. Go Bills!

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That.he.never.should.have.made.

The idiot who decided to start him, then did whatever he could to prove that the Bills offensive schemes were so good that a 3rd grader with armless wr's could succeed in and it failed miserably.

I am convinced until Int #5, Peterman was not coming out.

Ok, we get it. Can't believe this is still being talked about. Time to move on. It was a mistake, I've made numerous in my life...smh

19 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Peterman has done nothing. The experiment is over.  I don't blame the coaches. They needed to see what they had in Peterson as they knew TT would probably not take them to the playoffs or past the wild card game.  TT can not go through his progressions, but he is an escape artist and is a great runner.  Peterson behind center is the type of offense the Bills wanted to run and I'm sure he looked great in practice going against our JV line with lack of pass rush, but he never had a chance with this offensive (truly offensive) line and the Chargers crushed him.

We need to overhaul the OL and having TT be a top 15-20 QB behind this line is a miracle. What boggles my mind is that Duckass and Mills are on the field. Where's Groy? Where's Miller? Anything but these two turnstiles. We need to ride out TT this year and next year and let Peterman and a 1st rd QB duke it out.

Don't trade the farm because we need to build out both lines.  With a decent O-line our receivers might look like pros. Matthews and Benjamin are NFL starters. Zay will become one. We also need an RB like Kamara to give us a 1-2 punch. We need a DT to take double teams and another edge rusher. We need more LB. I'd like to see what Milano has and draft a good MLB with Preston as a backup. 

There truly sad thing is that all of these holes were filled before the season and our GM let them go. Oh well. Go Bills!

I agree except for starting Peterman against the Chargers.  My gut feeling is that it wasn't McDermott's decision but was ordered from above.  I say this simply because football coaches and players don't like to lose, although they'll tolerate it at the end of the season if the record won't impact whether they go to the playoffs or where they're seeded.  "I think I'll start my low round rookie QB against a 3-6 team just to see if he might make a pro QB" said no NFL coach ever with his team sitting on a 5-4 record and holding a playoff spot.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I agree except for starting Peterman against the Chargers.  My gut feeling is that it wasn't McDermott's decision but was ordered from above.  I say this simply because football coaches and players don't like to lose, although they'll tolerate it at the end of the season if the record won't impact whether they go to the playoffs or where they're seeded.  "I think I'll start my low round rookie QB against a 3-6 team just to see if he might make a pro QB" said no NFL coach ever with his team sitting on a 5-4 record and holding a playoff spot.

The Pegula's are not Ralph Wilson and Peterman was not the $26,000,000 back-up.  

Unless you think it was Beane & Dennison......

As stated was beyond stupid.....

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hardly believe more than 1 or 2 truly silly people actually believe that.  

With so few you don’t need to genetalize    

I dunno. It seemed 1/2 of WNY was swept up in Petermanmania last Sunday. 

Listening to the Bills pregame roundatable on WGR & there was this overwhelming consensus that benching Taylor was the right thing and Peterman gave them the best opportunity to expand the offense. Wow just wow. The arrogance seemed to transcend to the coaching. As they exposed a rookie to one of the fearcest pass rushes in the NFL & essentially left him alone on an island the entire first half. It was the wartime equivalent of sending 18 year old fresh recruits into the slaughter of an uphill charge against entrenched machine gunfire. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

I dunno. It seemed 1/2 of WNY was swept up in Petermanmania last Sunday. 

Listening to the Bills pregame roundatable on WGR & there was this overwhelming consensus that benching Taylor was the right thing and Peterman gave them the best opportunity to expand the offense. Wow just wow. The arrogance seemed to transcend to the coaching. As they exposed a rookie to one of the fearcest pass rushes in the NFL & essentially left him alone on an island the entire first half. It was the wartime equivalent of sending 18 year old fresh recruits into the slaughter of an uphill church against entrenched machine gunfire. 

You are mistaking excitement for the unknown versus more of the same.  

This is not what have you imagined here.  

We did not protest outside of OBD and demanded a switch.  

It happened and we were utterly surprised.   

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

:lol: Yah, we lost that game... And finished 6-10 on the year... Wait, -what was your point again? -Because I hope it wasn't that hot starts lead to illustrious careers in the NFL.

I don't get why this Head Coach says Peterman and 'the Future' in the same sentence. 

I never had an urge to see "what we have in Peterman" and always considered him a bump on a toads backside when it came to the future. 

He he was a 5th Rounder coming off an non spectacular career at Pitt. He never was the future, is not the future. never will be the future.

I never had 1% desire to see him in a regular season game and hope he never plays again in a Bills uniform. 

A good old percentage of our fans need to stop praying for a Rudy story and get real. 

5th Rounders aren't a plan. Our Head Coach forgot that and exposed himself as yet another guy that can't evaluate QBs (missed on Watson and Peterman). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Yah, we lost that game... And finished 6-10 on the year... Wait, -what was your point again? -Because I hope it wasn't that hot starts lead to illustrious careers in the NFL.

My point was that even dumpster fire QBs like EJ don't throw 5 Ints in their first half of action. So after 1 start, EJ was light years ahead of Nate. 

It's sad, but the kid stinks. I hope he doesn't see the field til pre season if he is still on the team.