Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Season's done. What I WANTED to see was how this coach adjust in terms of SCHEMES. NOT Players. He hasn't shown he can make adjustments. Which is the hallmark of good NFL coaching.

yup thats the scary thing....most games im sitting there just waiting...and waiting....and waiting....its like groundhog day with this team....

Peterman had the worst Fantasy outing ever.  -6.62 points?  Overall that was the worst QB performance of all time not just debuts.  Going back to Peterman would bold, like awesomely bad bold.  Does Mcdermott admit he made a mistake and go back to Taylor or double down and stick with Peterman and see if he can handle pressure?  The Cheifs will come after him.  Can he do better vs the blitz?  He can than maybe there is something their idk.  

If he puts Peterman in than likely same crap gonna happen.....he will be taken out.....unfortunately he is just not ready to take the reins in any way shape or form...that was abundantly clear last sunday.....

Honest questions to the people who want to start Peterman:

Do you NOT want to win more games this season?

And, if not: Are you going to bother watching the rest of the season?

And, if you DO want to win more games, do you think Peterman will get much better? Better than Taylor?

whole team sucks right now. Honestly. even Schmidt shanked one and reminded me of last season woes.

Self immolation is all I see.

Team quit seemingly last couple weeks.

whoever plays QB is screwed with that O line and PS quality receivers.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

whole team sucks right now. Honestly. even Schmidt shanked one and reminded me of last season woes.

Self immolation is all I see.

Team quit seemingly last couple weeks.

whoever plays QB is screwed with that O line and PS quality receivers.

Taylor seems kinda used to it, though, doesn't he?

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

And, if you DO want to win more games, do you think Peterman will get much better? Better than Taylor?

consider what risking Nathan again to another Traumatizing experience would do for him long term. It would be Billsian to push him back out of the nest and hope he doesn't land head first on the sidewalk again.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Taylor seems kinda used to it, though, doesn't he?

Yep. That why he plays the way he plays. aint getting no help.
Gotta respect anyone who keeps his head up trying to trust Ducasse and Mills. 

15 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Peterman had the worst Fantasy outing ever.  -6.62 points?  Overall that was the worst QB performance of all time not just debuts.  Going back to Peterman would bold, like awesomely bad bold.  Does Mcdermott admit he made a mistake and go back to Taylor or double down and stick with Peterman and see if he can handle pressure?  The Cheifs will come after him.  Can he do better vs the blitz?  He can than maybe there is something their idk.  

I believe he sticks with Nate

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

consider what risking Nathan again to another Traumatizing experience would do for him long term. It would be Billsian to push him back out of the nest and hope he doesn't land head first on the sidewalk again.

It's kind of like the tough-love father who teaches his kid how to swim by throwing him into a lake over his head. Except the kid starts drowning, and lives the rest of his life with aquaphobia.

Which, metaphorically speaking for Peterman, may have already happened.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's kind of like the tough-love father who teaches his kid how to swim by throwing him into a lake over his head. Except the kid starts drowning, and lives the rest of his life with aquaphobia.

Which, metaphorically speaking for Peterman, may have already happened.

Exactly my Friend. exactly indeed.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:58 PM, SDS said:

This will probably be discussed…

Maybe.

I think the subject is mute.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

No, I want them to win more games.

Everyone knows what Taylor brings. I believe Nate will get better. Better than Taylor? As a fan  of this team I hope so. Nobody knows though and if he isn't draft another QB.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

That's what you said last week.

Oh, and things can always get worse.

Going into Arrowhead where even when the Chiefs are bad (although I don't think they've ever sucked as bad as the Bills did last week) they usually win is definitely worse than playing in that clunky soccer stadium where the Chargers play.  

Playing a probably very angry, very talented Chiefs team is worse than playing the Chargers who are just good enough to find new ways to lose close games.  Luckily for them, the Bills weren't within 3 TDs of them in the closing minutes.

Playing a top ten rushing team is worse than playing the twenty-fifth ranked Chargers, especially when the Chiefs have Kareem Hunt.  He'll probably ring up 200 yards on the Bills all by himself.

It's gonna be a long, long Sunday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If McDermott names Peterman to start he should be fired on the spot!!!

You're assuming it's his decision alone.  It's possible it's not.  Nothing that the Bills have done with personnel in 2017 has made much sense, so why should they start now?

I think you have to start Taylor.  What Peterman showed last week was a guy that has some really good tools but he's not ready.  Three of his INT's were a result of him just not being mature as a passer and I get that, he's a rookie and Bosa and Engram were not taking it easy on him either.  One of his other passes was an interception due to ball placement.  The other one should have been caught.  He's not ready.

After listening to McDermott on WGR today I'll be shocked if they don't go to Peterman again. 

He compared Peterman to Zay Jones, who he admitted had a very difficult start to the season, but they stuck with him and supposedly think he's doing a good job now. He seemed to think that this was a blip and Peterman will continue to improve with playing time. 

McDermott seems all in on developing Peterman ahead of Taylor, and he seems willing to jeopardize this season to do it. Unfortunately our defense is so bad it won't matter because we can't stop anyone from scoring. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

After listening to McDermott on WGR today I'll be shocked if they don't go to Peterman again. 

He compared Peterman to Zay Jones, who he admitted had a very difficult start to the season, but they stuck with him and supposedly think he's doing a good job now. He seemed to think that this was a blip and Peterman will continue to improve with playing time. 

McDermott seems all in on developing Peterman ahead of Taylor, and he seems willing to jeopardize this season to do it. Unfortunately our defense is so bad it won't matter because we can't stop anyone from scoring. 

Funny I said the same thing 2 hours ago (I didn’t listen to any pressers)

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Funny I said the same thing 2 hours ago (I didn’t listen to any pressers)

The fact that he hasn't made the decision yet suggests they're going to roll with Peterman. McDermott made every excuse for the guy and used all the punch lines he used last week.

This guy has all the power in the world at OBD and no one to answer to. He signed off on trading Sammy, he signed off on trading Darby, he signed off on trading Dareus. He doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks, and he's going to play the guy they like at QB, and that's Peterman. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The fact that he hasn't made the decision yet suggests they're going to roll with Peterman. McDermott made every excuse for the guy and used all the punch lines he used last week.

This guy has all the power in the world at OBD and no one to answer to. He signed off on trading Sammy, he signed off on trading Darby, he signed off on trading Dareus. He doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks, and he's going to play the guy they like at QB, and that's Peterman. 

It’s still to early to tell but I think he shocks the league again this week with the unconventional rookie call. 

3 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Anyone who voted for Peterman is absolutely insane. 

That kid stinks. 

Being insane is a prerequisite for being a Bills fan. 

Ive has my crazy card for over 45 years.  

I think the thing with Peterman is when you look at the good in his performance, it's actually really damn good.  On his completions to our WR's he was sharp; accurate; on the money; the football was out.

I look at it this way, he throws only 2 INT's if he just eats the football.  Of those two, one is ball placement, the other one is on the fullback as it hit him directly in his hands.

If we had a different offensive coordinator I'd definitely say sit Peterman down.  But Rico wants to run what he wants to run.  I'm not a fan of this style of coaching, but it is what it is.  I like guys who are flexible.  Bill O'Brien for instance, he made a guy that many predicted to take a long time to develop, namely DeShaun Watson, a star.  Rather than saying this is what I run, O'Brien brought in Clemson offense 2.0.  Watson looked beyond his years until he got hurt.  But alas that's some other teams situation and not ours.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I think the thing with Peterman is when you look at the good in his performance, it's actually really damn good.  On his completions to our WR's he was sharp; accurate; on the money; the football was out.

I look at it this way, he throws only 2 INT's if he just eats the football.  Of those two, one is ball placement, the other one is on the fullback as it hit him directly in his hands.

If we had a different offensive coordinator I'd definitely say sit Peterman down.  But Rico wants to run what he wants to run.  I'm not a fan of this style of coaching, but it is what it is.  I like guys who are flexible.  Bill O'Brien for instance, he made a guy that many predicted to take a long time to develop, namely DeShaun Watson, a star.  Rather than saying this is what I run, O'Brien brought in Clemson offense 2.0.  Watson looked beyond his years until he got hurt.  But alas that's some other teams situation and not ours.

That is hilarious...... MVP MVP MVP!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The same could be said about Hotrod. 

The Same could get said about EJ.

The same could be said about Fitz.

The same thing could get said about Tuel Time.

The same could be said about Trent Dilfer.

The same could be said about JP.

The same thing could even be said about Flutie.

Edited by reddogblitz

27 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The ultimate cherry pick. Well done. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jesus. Doesn’t anyone get a freaking joke here?

Excellent 

someone got it.  

Not when it comes to EJ man!!  Name me one other QB that can  hit a hospitality tent + a couple of the vendors standing out front!

3 minutes ago, JPP said:

Not when it comes to EJ man!!  Name me one other QB that can  hit a hospitality tent + a couple of the vendors standing out front!

Cardale?

someone else did something similar 

I just can’t remember which team.  

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

I love McDermott but if he starts Peterman, he loses the locker room IMO.

According to some here you are 2 or 3 weeks late for that.   

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cardale?

someone else did something similar 

I just can’t remember which team.  

According to some here you are 2 or 3 weeks late for that.   

Johnny Unitis,,,,,,,used to do it just for practice back in the old days! lol

Edited by JPP

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Going into Arrowhead where even when the Chiefs are bad (although I don't think they've ever sucked as bad as the Bills did last week) they usually win is definitely worse than playing in that clunky soccer stadium where the Chargers play.  

Playing a probably very angry, very talented Chiefs team is worse than playing the Chargers who are just good enough to find new ways to lose close games.  Luckily for them, the Bills weren't within 3 TDs of them in the closing minutes.

Playing a top ten rushing team is worse than playing the twenty-fifth ranked Chargers, especially when the Chiefs have Kareem Hunt.  He'll probably ring up 200 yards on the Bills all by himself.

It's gonna be a long, long Sunday afternoon.

You're assuming it's his decision alone.  It's possible it's not.  Nothing that the Bills have done with personnel in 2017 has made much sense, so why should they start now?

So whose decision is it if its not Mcdermotts? And dont go all Ted Bundy on me with anger and rage! Just give me a reasonable answer. Terry? Kim? The Pegulas dog? The garbage man? Its great to throw out these generalities. Lets name some realistic suspects.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

The joy of Sour Diesel?

2 hours ago, Perk71 said:

No, I want them to win more games.

Everyone knows what Taylor brings. I believe Nate will get better. Better than Taylor? As a fan  of this team I hope so. Nobody knows though and if he isn't draft another QB.

Your the same guy that said it couldnt be worse arent you?

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Im really starting to sour on Mcdermott. Im wondering if were gonna discover that hes in the midst of a serious meth addiction cause hes beyond delusional.