Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

Does it really matter.  This team is awful.  They won a few games early with smoke and mirrors.  Everyone knew the roster was bad, but drank the coolaid.  It's pretty clear that in the NFL your only chance is if you have a franchise qb.  This team does not have even a serviceable qb.  That coupled with the defensive line, linebackers, offensive line, receivers and injuries, makes this product unwatchable.  Frankly, I didn't vote in the poll because there was no "it doesn't matter" box. 

I am, and will always be of the opinion that when I watch the Bills play this Sunday, and every Sunday, I want to see them play to win. Period. For three hours on Sunday, I don't care about rebuilding for next year, experimenting to "see what they've got" in a player like Peterman, or anything else not related to winning the next game. For me, the future is this coming Sunday. Play to win-- every game.

This is especially true this year. We already have two first, and two second round picks. "Tanking," at this point in the season isn't going to get us much, and it certainly isn't worth destroying what is left of the team's chemistry by enduring Peterman as the starter. We're already a laughing stock for having him out there for a half. And, for those who think we still need to "see what we've got" in Peterman, I have to wonder what game you were watching on Sunday. If Peterman starts again, and is five times the QB he was on Sunday, he will still not give us a good a chance to win as Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I can accept failure with Nate

I can not accept any more failure with Tyrod 

Weird. Just when I think I have at least an understanding of the Hate some Bills' fans have for Taylor - strange a phenomena as it is - there's a new manifestation into whole other realms of bizarre........

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tyrod's gonna start.  Peterman will need more than a week of practice to be ready for another start after what happened yesterday. 

It'll be interesting to see how Tyrod responds after the benching. He may be more determined and more prepared to approach the game in the manner the coaches want him to. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They were.   I am sorry if you can't see what others do see.   

Who was the QB we faced under center for the JETS?  A career backup that outplayed Taylor.?   Taylor isn't the answer.  Why else do you think he got benched? 

He didn't outplay Taylor in that game at all. Jesus dude stop changing history. 

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Tyrod's gonna start.  Peterman will need more than a week of practice to be ready for another start after what happened yesterday. 

It'll be interesting to see how Tyrod responds after the benching. He may be more determined and more prepared to approach the game in the manner the coaches want him to. 

If I were Taylor, I'd be playing with an eye on landing another team next season. But, from what I think we know about him, he seems like a consummate professional, and I believe that the team trusts him. Certainly, he has an undeniable chemistry with Shady. 

5 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

McDermott wasn't hired to win this year, he was hired to build a team that can win for years.  No way he gets canned before getting to mold the bounty of picks. 

I'm not too sure that I trust his, or Beane's ability to evaluate talent a this point. It's hard to be happy with their personnel decisions.

Taylor is the better player.  If the tank is on you play Peterman and look towards next year.  Interesting place.  It would take watermelon cajones to stick with Peterman after that performance.  I do not know what he will do at this point.  Slowly but surely this team has devolved into a dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Taylor is the better player.  If the tank is on you play Peterman and look towards next year.  Interesting place.  It would take watermelon cajones to stick with Peterman after that performance.  I do not know what he will do at this point.  Slowly but surely this team has devolved into a dumpster fire.

It's not balls to start Peterman again, it's flat out stupidity.

I know people don't want to hear it after the interceptions, but Peterman did make great throws to the receivers that let them get yards after the catch.  If you can tone down the panic and drill him to not unload until his feet are set, he can definitely still play.

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

I know people don't want to hear it after the interceptions, but Peterman did make great throws to the receivers that let them get yards after the catch.  If you can tone down the panic and drill him to not unload until his feet are set, he can definitely still play.

The Chargers got some yards after catching Peterman's throws..that is legit.. (sic)

As much as it pains me, this season is now gone.  The defense overachieved for 6 of 7 weeks (including the Carolina loss) and that drove the Bills to 5-2.  You play the last 6 games to learn what you have.  That means:

1) Players who you know are not going to be on the roster next year sit the bench barring a nuclear meltdown like yesterday

2) Players who need more game experience but have flashed (Milano, Dawkins) get all the game time you can give them.

3) Players who are at the end of contracts who the Bills are considering re-signing -- get playing time

This team better get to work in Free Agency as well as the draft.  No pass rush, no run D, little pass D with no LB coverage, no QB.  Decent Special Teams (but punting sucked yesterday) and a serviceable run game with an older back.  This team needs to find some talent on the existing roster and then supplement it with a lot of pieces from outside.  Pegula bucks needed.