Nfl.com: Potential landing spots for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

So Tyrod seems to have been figured out by the rest of the NFL, "make him be a QB". Going to a different team isnt going to make the league forget how to defense him. He's been figured out, he's done. Nobody is going to want him as a starter, backup, sure maybe. 

He should be fine in a system that allows him to be a typical college-type QB in a spread offense; this is his strength.

Would like to retain Tyrod as a backup here, but that won't happen with his current contract.

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Denver feels like far and away the best fit IMO. I would say that Jacksonville is next followed by Arizona, Cleveland and the Jets. 

Agreed, in fact Denver makes so much sense that I will truly be shocked if he doesn't go there, even if they draft a QB.  Elway is an old school QB who believes in bringing rookies along slowly, so even if they take a guy high in the Draft, they will see TT as a guy that can keep them more competitive than what they have now while grooming the prospect.  

Earlier in the season I would have said Jax, but I don't think so anymore.  That team is improving, and Bortles isnt as bad as he was.  I think he might be playing his way back into the teams plans next year.  

Most likely spot:  Denver

Next likely spots:

1. Cle - I think this is 2nd best fit after Denver.  They could bring him in to hold down the gig while they try and get Kizer and whatever rookie they will also draft this year developed.
  2. Tampa - I actually think this is another likely spot to replace Fitz and back up Winston given his injury history.  And honestly could push Winston at some point if he cant control his turnovers.  A lot of shine has fallen off Winston, and wouldn't surprise me to see them try and find a guy like TT who protects the ball well to back him up.  
  3. Tenn - Mariota has not been reliable from an injury stand point, a guy like TT can run a similar offense and would make for a good backup QB option.
  4. Colts - I have a feeling the Luck era might end in Indy this offseason.  If it does, I can see someone like TT coming in to compete with Jacoby and would also expect the Colts use some of the bounty they get in return for Luck to go get the top QB on their draft board to groom behind them.
  5. Jets - I think this is low percentage option...I dont know the Jets will see TT as enough of an upgrade to go away from McCown to keep the seat warm while whatever rookie they get is groomed.
  6. AZ - Could be brought in to either backup or replace Palmer while they groom a guy they draft.  Marginal fit here as he doesn't fit their system, but with Arians apparently leaving after the season, I think depending on what coach comes in that they might see TT as a guy to steer the ship while they start to rebuild that team.

1 minute ago, CanadianFan said:

Flutie can make all the throws and with accuracy! Does Tyrod do that?

As a small as Doug was he still could throw a nice ball. Taylor doesn’t fit in this system. Case closed

I think he is an absolute long shot to sign as a starter anywhere next year, but I would imagine Cleveland would be in play if Hue Jackson remains the coach.

All of the Denver stuff is old now, and was always predicated on the fact that Kubiak was there and used to be Tyrod's coach in Baltimore.  Oddly enough, we got to see exactly how that would have turned out this year in Buffalo with Dennison as his OC.

Who knows maybe Arizona, Washington, or Jacksonville but he really should only be signed as a backup from here out.

I don't understand some fans. I like Taylor and was hoping he would take a big step forward and show something.

After watching the season Taylor isn't anticipating throws and that's allowing teams to stack the box and stop the run.

The offense is built on timing and Taylor isn't following through with the progressions.

Everyone thinking he's great fit in Arizona has no idea about their offense at all. 

• Like (+1) 1