Nfl.com: Potential landing spots for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

He shopped around last year and came up snake eyes. Now with even more terrible performances under his belt people think he will be in the mix to start somewhere else? Get the fork out.

That’s not totally true. He didn’t want to leave and knew that he could stay even if it meant a reduced rate. That whole “nobody wanted him narrative” is false.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not totally true. He didn’t want to leave and knew that he could stay even if it meant a reduced rate. That whole “nobody wanted him narrative” is false.

What isn't false is that nobody wanted him at his original contract. He took a reduced rate with Buffalo because he had no other choice if he wanted to stay. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What isn't false is that nobody wanted him at his original contract. He took a reduced rate with Buffalo because he had no other choice if he wanted to stay. 

That’s not necessarily true either. He wanted to be here and kind of bet on himself. He would have played for more money if he hit FA and was open to leaving. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'm not buying it. Every other Bills player offered the same or more money in the offseason bolted. He wasn't going to be a starter anywhere else, that's why he stayed. We were the only ones willing to say "You'll come into camp as the starter." I don't care what the media says, he just isn't good.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not necessarily true either. He wanted to be here and kind of bet on himself. He would have played for more money if he hit FA and was open to leaving. 

I respectfully disagree that there was a demand for him at the original contract rate. However, what is known for sure is that the Bills under Whaley and McDermott were not going to keep him under his original contract. That's known for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

I'm not buying it. Every other Bills player offered the same or more money in the offseason bolted. He wasn't going to be a starter anywhere else, that's why he stayed. We were the only ones willing to say "You'll come into camp as the starter." I don't care what the media says, he just isn't good.

You trust your info and I’ll trust mine then.

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully disagree that there was a demand for him at the original contract rate. However, what is known for sure is that the Bills under Whaley and McDermott were not going to keep him under his original contract. That's known for sure. 

See above

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why wouldn't he have bet on himself in Buffalo right?   The way he finished the 2016 season he was confident and comfortable.  He had Watkins coming back healthy and had no reason to suspect he'd be sharing a backfield with Mike Tolbert.    McD really did him dirty since he re-worked that contract.:lol:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why wouldn't he have bet on himself in Buffalo right?   The way he finished the 2016 season he was confident and comfortable.  He had Watkins coming back healthy and had no reason to suspect he'd be sharing a backfield with Mike Tolbert.    McD really did him dirty since he re-worked that contract.:lol:

Then he just lied to him on Sunday. He really hasn’t been treated very well.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then he just lied to him on Sunday. He really hasn’t been treated very well.

So much of what McD has done since he got here has been utterly counter-intuitive.   There was really nothing to gain by undermining Taylor.

29 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

doesnt have to go anywhere...bills hold the option and were talking about 2018. Hope he stays if not dont really care where he goes. Lets grab this playoff ticket this year

He’s due 18 mil next season. Zero chance the Bills will pay him that much to be a backup. He ain’t coming back. 

14 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I feel like that's his current cap hit, so I'd put him more at the $8M area. Then again, QB prices go up every year...

Hoyer was guaranteed $9.85M, Glennon got $18.5M guaranteed, Fitz got $10M last year, etc... He’s not playing for less than $10M. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

He’s due 18 mil next season. Zero chance the Bills will pay him that much to be a backup. He ain’t coming back. 

I wouldn't say zero but right now looks highly unlikely.    If he gets back in and leads some kind of heroic run to 9-7 and wins a wildcard game on the road or something......they will probably be in mind-change mode again.:lol:   If Peterman does a face plant McD will be in a quandary.   Especially having passed on Watson and Mahomes.   Oy vey some of the personnel decisions this year.:doh:

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Boyer was guaranteed $9.85M, Glennon got $18.5M guaranteed, Fitz got $10M last year, etc... He’s not playing for less than $10M. 

You're right he's not playing. He might back up somewhere, at this point he's not better than any starter, he just got benched for a 5th round rookie. What other starters have been benched for 5th round rookies and have gone on and been effective elsewhere? (Bledsoe wasn't benched)