Nfl.com: Potential landing spots for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m one of the only people here that’s worked in the league. I’d say that I understand it better than the majority of people having seen it from all sides. 

Ok, doesn't seemed to have helped you one bit on your opinions of Taylor or Peterman or what has transpired.

Working as a snow removal guy at the stadium once doesn't qualify as insider knowledge, neither does being a radio mouthpiece, does it MS?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

It was the team result. I'm not looking to find fault with Taylor where it doesn't exist. 

The team was terrible that night. Taylor's only really bad game was the NO game. He didn't perform very well against Cincy (although Cincy's very good front 7 had him under siege all game), but every mid-tier qb has off days, and that was a truly garden variety off-peak performance. I'm opposed to this move for a couple of reasons even though I know that Taylor will never be better than the 14th or so best qb in the league in any given season: I like the guy (he's a gamer and is no BS), the whole thing smacks of dishonesty / desperation, and I fear we're about to witness the 17th coming of Tom Savage/Brian Hoyer/etc. - pro-style qbs with modest athletic skills who can effectively run what the OC wants them to run. We shall see. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

We won't know that until we see how Peterman performs and how they respond. 

How do you think it’s playing today? McCoy was clearly frustrated.  It may work but there is some work to be done to regain trust.

2 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Ok, doesn't seemed to have helped you one bit on your opinions of Taylor or Peterman or what has transpired.

Working as a snow removal guy at the stadium once doesn't qualify as insider knowledge, neither does being a radio mouthpiece, does it MS?

I have a masters degree in sports management and worked in a front office for 8 seasons, 6 of which were in a senior level position. I’m not trying to be a jerk but I have a pretty good sense of how things work.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How do you think it’s playing today? McCoy was clearly frustrated.  It may work but there is some work to be done to regain trust.

McDermott doesn't care if you trust him, he only asks that you trust The Process.

5 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

I suggest quitting while you're behind. Kirby ain't always right, but he is better informed about the game than just about anyone here. 

3 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

They never have a clue when it comes to smaller market teams. These very same guys were interviewing Shady in the off-season and asking if he thinks Tyrod is the guy, and of course Shady answered by saying he likes Tyrod and he does a lot of good things. 

Outsiders will say we under value Tyrod, but, they've only seen his highlights. This is coming from a Tyrod backer. I will continue to like Tyrod as a player and be a fan of the player, but the defense kept them in 7 out of the 9 games and the two games the defense couldn't create turnovers, and seemed lost. He was unable to pick up the slack. 

I think Tyrod would do better as a slash type QB like they used to have in Pittsburgh and we know he can handle the running but can he catch?

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The team was terrible that night. Taylor's only really bad game was the NO game. He didn't perform very well against Cincy (although Cincy's very good front 7 had him under siege all game), but every mid-tier qb has off days, and that was a truly garden variety off-peak performance. I'm opposed to this move for a couple of reasons even though I know that Taylor will never be better than the 14th or so best qb in the league in any given season: I like the guy (he's a gamer and is no BS), the whole thing smacks of dishonesty / desperation, and I fear we're about to witness the 17th coming of Tom Savage/Brian Hoyer/etc. - pro-style qbs with modest athletic skills who can effectively run what the OC wants them to run. We shall see. 

Legitimate concerns, all. As to the bold text, wiser words were never spoken. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Stack their bills careers side-by-side and it’s not even close. We have this perception that Bledsoe was good here -he wasn’t. He played 8 good games with the Bills and then was one of the worst QBs in the league. Drew sucked with the Bills. 

Has tyrod had 8 good games? I really don't understand your man crush on tyrod, even is he is the best qb since kelly, that's a competition with the equivalent of winning a medal in the special Olympics

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I haven't seen, much less heard, anything from McCoy or anyone else to suggest it's playing in any way other than that of a QB change being made and a competitor and consummate pro showing a natural reaction and yet still saying all the right things. But like I said, the key will be in how they react. These things can have a way of galvanizing a collective focus and creating a rallying point. I think McD is just as curious to see how the gamble pays off in that regard. Either way, he's gonna have a better understanding of what kind of team he has. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I suggest quitting while you're behind. Kirby ain't always right, but he is better informed about the game than just about anyone here

Maybe so, but it doesn't mean his opinions on all this aren't out in left field somewhere. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why wouldn't he have bet on himself in Buffalo right?   The way he finished the 2016 season he was confident and comfortable.  He had Watkins coming back healthy and had no reason to suspect he'd be sharing a backfield with Mike Tolbert.    McD really did him dirty since he re-worked that contract.:lol:

Except that there was a new regime, and by the time Taylor needed to make a decision he knew that Woods and Goodwin were gone.  He or his agent surely foresaw a housecleaning.  

His agent shopped him around and came up with nothing better than low end starter money.  

4 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

So Tyrod seems to have been figured out by the rest of the NFL, "make him be a QB". Going to a different team isnt going to make the league forget how to defense him. He's been figured out, he's done. Nobody is going to want him as a starter, backup, sure maybe. 

He needs an OC that won’t make him have to be a traditional qb. In the right scheme I’d count him as serviceable 

One thing Whaley was right about is that Tyrod is not good enough. The new regime has apparently reached that conclusion as well.

Tyrod is a stand up guy and it's too bad that he hasn't been able to truly grow as a passer but to say he was "mistreated" assumes that he is owed something by the team or the league. The truth is, if he performed well he would be playing next week.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

He needs an OC that won’t make him have to be a traditional qb. In the right scheme I’d count him as serviceable 

Mobile QBs who cannot grow into true passers just don't last in the league. It's too easy for a defense to take away the running aspect of their game. This also takes away the running back running the ball. Then what?

1 hour ago, BILLriant said:

Has tyrod had 8 good games? I really don't understand your man crush on tyrod, even is he is the best qb since kelly, that's a competition with the equivalent of winning a medal in the special Olympics

Not a man crush, I’ve called him an average NFL starter for 3 years. I feel the same way. I think that they could be a playoff team this year but I don’t think that this is the best decision. It’s that simple to me.