Why Doesn't Tyrod Audible?

Buffalo03

Is it possible that he is being told not to audible? I just can't understand. I find it hard to believe that when a run play gets called in for Tolbert on 2nd and 15 that he isn't thinking about changing the play. This offense is way to predictable. When you see 8 or 9 in the box don't run it up the middle. Change the play

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

You can't blame the scheme. 3 OC's now have decided its best not to let him audible.

I get what you're saying but he can't possibly think that running the ball on second and long especially to Tolbert is a good idea. He can't possibly be that bad to not be able to see that the box is being stacked and that our offense is predictable enough to not change the play

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I get what you're saying but he can't possibly think that running the ball on second and long especially to Tolbert is a good idea. He can't possibly be that bad to not be able to see that the box is being stacked and that our offense is predictable enough to not change the play

now that is has been three years you can start really saying yeah he really is that bad

If our bye or our "mini-bye" came later in the year, I think it would be even more tempting to make the switch. Peterman looked competent against the NO shell defense at the end, but I am always reticent to assess a player based on those situations. 

I thought it was VERY interesting that McD let Rico open up the offense with Peterman in the game.  If they were protecting against a QB controversy, they should have handed the ball to Tolbert three more times and called in Schmidt to punt once more.  

Did he look anywhere except at the open man 6 yards away on those 5 or 6 checkdowns on 3rd and 15??

maybe the Bills think the man is going to beat the 4 defenders that swarm the receiver immediately?

it is a strategy....

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Is it possible that he is being told not to audible? I just can't understand. I find it hard to believe that when a run play gets called in for Tolbert on 2nd and 15 that he isn't thinking about changing the play. This offense is way to predictable. When you see 8 or 9 in the box don't run it up the middle. Change the play

Hes following the philosophy if he can audible. The problem is our head coach and OC are ok with this philosophy 

I did find it interesting that Peterman ran the no huddle very efficiently. He would complete a pass and get them right back up to the line within 15 seconds. It takes Tyrod 30 seconds to do that. I guess he really is bad. I've stuck up for him for a long time but I'm done with that today

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

He can't.  The poor boy was born without a tongue.

Tyrod has deeper mental issues. He's afraid to make mistakes which he doesn't realize is, by doing that, he makes mistakes...

He doesn't throw the ball for fear of throwing interceptions and he doesn't audible cuz he's afraid of a delay of game.

56 yards gentlemen and ladies... 50 freakin 6

• Like (+1) 1

My understanding is Tyrod is not allowed to audible.  

I thought I remember when Dennison was with Denver and Payton Manning was the QB, it was a point of contention between the two of them.  But since Payton Manning is who he is, Payton was able to audible, but did not call his own plays like he did in past seasons pre-Dennison.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

My understanding is Tyrod is not allowed to audible.  

I thought I remember when Dennison was with Denver and Payton Manning was the QB, it was a point of contention between the two of them.  But since Payton Manning is who he is, Payton was able to audible, but did not call his own plays like he did in past seasons pre-Dennison.

But yet Petterman did. So which is it?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yep. The 3rd and one Pitch was a kill call. Clearly heard the kill kill 

Wow, if that's true, Tyrod has multiple reasons to be pissed about today.  Surprised he allowed Peterman to do this, but it was also garbage time so not a lot to lose if he effed up.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Wow, if that's true, Tyrod has multiple reasons to be pissed about today.  Surprised he allowed Peterman to do this, but it was also garbage time so not a lot to lose if he effed up.

Tt is allowed to audible it has been said a couple times this year by both TT and Dennison 

So in September he was allowed to audible of course he is allowed to now

Jerry Sullivan of The Buffalo News spoke with Taylor this week about the topic. Here’s what the QB had to say in response:

"We're getting to that. As you progress in the offense, as I progress in my relationship with Rick (OC Rick Dennison), the comfort level of him allowing me to do that. On the certain packages we definitely have plays that I can audible (out of), but it's not a free-range thing every play."

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Tt is allowed to audible it has been said a couple times this year by both TT and Dennison 

I suppose I stand corrected.  I thought there were discussions about this several weeks ago and the conclusion was he didn't have that kind of latitude.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I suppose I stand corrected.  I thought there were discussions about this several weeks ago and the conclusion was he didn't have that kind of latitude.

He has it. In terms of how much is debated but he does have it just doesnt ever audible