Week 10: Saints' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Gaines Out

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Better find a way to get the run going Sunday. Unless Shady can go off, I don’t see us winning. Need to keep the chains and clock moving. Can’t let Brees get to many possessions. 

True. This game being home changes everything though.

Saints are notoriously different on road , in outside stadiums,and weather will be cold, possible rain n wind...Brees can be shut down under these circumstances.. Big advantage for Bills and we're playing great at home..

I love our chances..  

A. Mini Bye

B. This team has bounced back after every loss, got embarrassed for 1st time this year so I expect Buffalo to be extra ready..

C. Big influx of talent:

Clay

Gaines

Benjamin will all play!

6-3 , here we come!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

Guys, we haven't beaten anyone good. Falcons are obviously not the same team as last year. Broncos suck. Bucs suck. Raiders and Jets are like us - sometime good, sometimes bad. 

I'm really concerned that Dennison kept the offense pretty damn tight and in close against a stacked box. Why not spread it out wide once in awhile, you know? 

Well we also can't control our schedule, only team played with winning record is Car.. lost by 6 on road, with ball in red zone and Zay just missing that pass..

We are not like those teams.  In 7/7 Sun games, we are 5-2 , lost two games by 10 points,  I'm not worried about the Jets loss much, Thursdays are brutal...

We get huge pieces back in Clay, Gaines and Benjamin making debut! We'll be in every game from here on out imo.. I think we are legit contenders..

Ppl panicked at 1-1 and 3-2.. I think this mini Bye is much needed for us to get on n d back on track

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Well we also can't control our schedule, only team played with winning record is Car.. lost by 6 on road, with ball in red zone and Zay just missing that pass..

We are not like those teams.  In 7/7 Sun games, we are 5-2 , lost two games by 10 points,  I'm not worried about the Jets loss much, Thursdays are brutal...

We get huge pieces back in Clay, Gaines and Benjamin making debut! We'll be in every game from here on out imo.. I think we are legit contenders..

Ppl panicked at 1-1 and 3-2.. I think this mini Bye is much needed for us to get on n d back on track

I hope you're right...that Jets game was just brutal.

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I hope you're right...that Jets game was just brutal.

Rookie HC are terrible on TNF. It's their first experience on 3 days prep, most just don't prepare right, as I said,Thurs was our biggest hurdle, an anomaly imo.. we never saw this team look anything close to that all year..

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Better find a way to get the run going Sunday. Unless Shady can go off, I don’t see us winning. Need to keep the chains and clock moving. Can’t let Brees get to many possessions. 

If only the Bills traded for a big, sure-handed WR at the deadline. We might have had a chance. 

ESPN: Saints deliver knockout blow to Buccaneers for sixth straight win

The Saints' sixth straight win was so dominating that the only time the Bucs really put up a fight was during a sideline skirmish in the third quarter.

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

Such a shame that New Orleans' trick kickoff return didn't pan out. They had 5-foot-7 receiver Tommylee Lewis laying in the end zone, with his all-black jersey obscured by the black letter S in Saints. But Ted Ginn Jr.'s lateral to Lewis bounced, and the Bucs coverage team was all over it. Sean Payton said the play was called "chameleon" and blamed coaching for letting Lewis lay in wait too long during an extended timeout.

Run game makes it easy for Brees

With Sunday's win, New Orleans has totaled at least 150 rushing yards in four straight games, and QB Drew Brees has taken full advantage. He went 9-of-11 for 156 yards and two TDs Sunday on first down, and is completing more than four-fifths of his first-down passes over the last four games. (ESPN Stats & Info)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm not saying that the Saints aren't a good team and that it's not going to be a difficult game but look at their last 6 opponents that they beat:

The Panthers, although 6-3 have been somewhat up and down this season based on Cam's play. They lost to the Bears

The Dolphins, have been shut out twice and were almost shut out by the Jets in week 3 if not for a late TD in the final two minutes of the game. 

The Lions, although they lost, they put up 38 points against them

The Packers without Aaron Rodgers

The Bears, who they barely beat and actually could have lost to if not for a bad call by the refs who overturned a Zach Miller TD on the play where he dislocated his knee. It was a TD clear as day and was even said so the next day when it was admitted by the NFL that they got the call wrong

The Buccaneers, I think we can all say is pretty much a team in turmoil at this point

Again, not saying that they aren't a good team and I absolutely think this is going to be a difficult game against them but I honestly don't think they have beaten anyone spectacular. Also, this is a home game for us which is huge. If this was in New Orleans we wouldn't stand a chance

Edited by Buffalo03

54 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

At least the outcome of the game will give a good indication of which way the season is heading. This is the official "are you a contender or pretender" game.

Like every game we've played so far. 

Two more takeaways from Week 9, beginning with...

Man, is Drew Brees excited

The Saints snuck up on the rest of the league. Here they are, one of five division leaders with a 6-2 record, and Drew Brees swears: “I’m just telling you, I see this team every day. We’re just scratching the surface.” Look at what Brees did in the feisty 30-10 rout of the Bucs: completed 81 percent of his throws for 263 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, a tidy ballgame for someone used to far more explosive days. But the Saints don’t need that from Brees now. That’s because there’s a very good running game here with Mark Ingram and rookie Alvin Kamara (26 total rushes, 145 yards on the ground Sunday, and another 86 receiving yards), and a defense that’s allowed 15 points per game over the past six. Not so coincidentally, the Saints have their first six-game winning streak since 2009.

“They say a quarterback’s best friend is a great running game and a great defense,” Brees said Sunday. “We’ve been getting both.” Another good friend is a good draft—and GM Mickey Loomis provided that. Marshon Lattimore, the 11th overall pick, is probably the leader for defensive rookie of the year. Kamara, selected in the third round, is a latter-day Reggie Bush, with 652 rushing/receiving yards and five touchdowns in eight games. And the defense, with Lattimore starring in a renewed secondary and Cam Jordan playing at his peak only with more help, is a legitimate top-10 unit.

Sunday’s 30-10 victory over Tampa Bay in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome was the Saints’ sixth straight since opening the season 0-2.

Taking a look at Internet coverage of the Saints and the NFL.

John DeShazier's turning point in the Saints win over the Bucs

Hardee's blocked punt changed the game.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Well, if the Jets retread of a journeyman carved us up, I'm not optimistic on stopping Brees, especially with little to no pass rush.

Jouneymen have our number for some reason. See Fitzpatrick,Ryan.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Look at what Brees did in the feisty 30-10 rout of the Bucs: completed 81 percent of his throws for 263 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions

That's a Tyrod-like stat line. Ergo, Drew Brees sucks. 

And this is why the game vs Saints is the real contender or pretender game. At the halfway point, we now have a decent idea of which teams are good and which ones are not as good as advertised. Preseason prognostications based on last season are often removed from reality. Saying " just like every game so far" is really missing the point. Fans can say what they want, but we've seen why an early season matchup at ATL wasn't really what it was cracked up to be. The shine has come off many of the Bills wins. If they are going to be a playoff team, they are going to have to beat a few teams with winning records. If they can't do it at home, they probably can't win them on the road. 

The Saints have given up very few sacks anyway. Even if the Bills had a strong rush, it might be negated. They will have to win this game in other ways. Namely good coverage and sound tackling. The run defense will need to atone for the debacle of a performance vs Jets. 

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If this game was in NO line would easily be 8 - 10 points in the Saints favor.

Either way I'll be very shocked if we cover or actually win the game.

well now, isn't that a surprise! coming from the guy that said we had no shot during our last home game. 

and ftr. the home team usually always gets 3 pts at home which means the spread if it was in NO would probably be between 4.5 and 6.5.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is probably a difficult concept for Rodak, but had the Bills not beat them, the Jets, Raiders, Falcons would all have winning records, the Broncos would be .500  Only Tampa Bay would still have a losing record.

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

This is probably a difficult concept for Rodak, but had the Bills not beat them, the Jets, Raiders, Falcons would all have winning records, the Broncos would be .500  Only Tampa Bay would still have a losing record.

He was following up on a tweet from Sullivan.