Week 10: Saints' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Gaines Out

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin talked about being traded to Buffalo last week and his first practice with the team today. He discussed his contributions to the locker room and familiarity with head coach Sean McDermott and GM Brandon Beane.

Wide Receiver Kelvin Benjamin addressed the media for the first time topics include; he thoughts on the trade, staying the weekend in Buffalo to learn the playbook, and his first practice as a Bill.

kelvin-benjamin-11-6.jpg

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin has been more taken by how good the fit feels in Buffalo than the actual trade that shipped him out of Charlotte last week.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Lotsa Saints hype at the moment and I think they're reading their own clippings. Much like us after we beat the Raiders. Saints streak stops this Sunday. Book it. 

That's what I'm starting to think. We are a much different team at home. Saints are good but not seven straight good. If we block decently like we did against the Raiders I think we win. 

Sean Payton's Conference Call Monday, Nov. 6  (8:38)

Sean Payton spoke with the New Orleans media on Monday, Nov. 6 after defeating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-10.

Quotes from Sean Payton Conference Call 11/06/17

Sean Payton speaks with the media on Monday, Nov. 6.

Did the Saints play well or did the Buccaneers play poorly in Week 9?  (2:19)

The "Good Morning Football" crew recaps the Buccaneers vs. Saints Week 9 matchup.

John DeShazier: Saints offensive line excelling at in-game changes

Unit had to adjust on the fly again Sunday.

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

Saints RB Alvin Kamara has been outstanding as a pass catcher -- highlighted by his dazzling 33-yard TD on a screen pass Sunday. But he also leads the NFL with 6.0 yards per carry among runners with enough carries. He has 52 carries for 311 yards.

One area that hasn't been working well enough in Saints' six-game win streak – catching punts. WR Willie Snead lost a fumble on a fair-catch attempt Sunday after Ted Ginn Jr. had muffed two in recent weeks. Sean Payton is particularly upset that they're coming in Saints territory, where the goal is just to secure the ball instead of returning it. “We've gotta be able to catch that ball 100 percent of the time, and we'll find someone who can,” said Payton, who said “we'll see” if the Saints need to seek help from outside the roster. “I feel like Snead and Ginn can do that, but we've gotta know it. And obviously we've gotta do a better job of coaching it.”

Rookie RB Alvin Kamara has carved out a big role for the Saints: "He can be in the game at any moment, in any personnel group," Drew Brees said.

ESPN: Who was that?! Justin Hardee mattered in Week 9

The undrafted rookie has become a key special-teamer, as his blocked punt for a touchdown showed.

ESPN: NFL Playoff Picture: New Orleans is cruising

Few could have imagined the Saints as the current No. 2 seed after their 0-2 start. Their stingy defense will be of particular advantage if it continues during the playoff push.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think the Bills lose this one but I also don't think it's crippling. 

If the Bills lose it will force them to either win @ Arrowhead or get a split with New England in games that the Pats will actually be trying to win. That could qualify as crippling. Say what you will about KCs recent record , but they would be a tough out at home. 

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

The Saints claimed veteran OT Bryce Harris off waivers after he was released by the 49ers, and they released veteran DT John Hughes. Harris has been on and off the Saints' roster for years as a backup and part-time starter. He'll add insurance in case Terron Armstead is sidelined by the chest injury that knocked him out of Sunday's game against Tampa Bay.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If this game was in NO line would easily be 8 - 10 points in the Saints favor.

Either way I'll be very shocked if we cover or actually win the game.

Well yeah, that's the way spreads work.  6 points on a field flip, so NO -8.5 if they are at home.

That feels too high to me, I don't think either team should be favored by more than a TD here.  I like the Bills +2.5 but not necessarily to win the game; this is going to be a close one.

Edited by Chilly

MTS Notebook: Saints rookie class NFL's best at midseason

As we hit the midway mark of the 2017 NFL season, the Saints (5-2) have the league's most impressive rookie class thus far. They lead the league in rookie starts (rookies have combined to start a total of 25 games) and they are getting outstanding play/production from several of their selections. Now, it's still very early in the careers of these players. It's often said a draft class shouldn't really be judged until three seasons into the players' careers. However, the early returns for the Saints are very positive. Here's a look at the New Orleans rookies that have stood out the most.

DN_f27sVQAA1SjB.jpg

Bills add RB Murphy to practice squad

The Bills made a move on their practice squad Monday signing RB Marcus Murphy.

Murphy, 26, a former seventh-round pick of the New Orleans Saints in 2015, was most recently on the Indianapolis Colts practice squad. He’s also spent time on the Jets practice squad and with the Saints his first two NFL seasons.

The 5-8, 193-pound back has seen most of his time on special teams and has return experience.

To make room for him on the roster, the Bills released OL Will Pericak.

2 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Our best defense against Saints is the weather.  BUT

7ZPWorX.jpg

God Dang it! Why can't Monday's weather be on Sunday?!!!

We still have some time to go and that weather might move around a bit. So there is still a chance .  

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Much easier to say that do with the Saints being so well balanced with their multifaceted attack. 

Well, it's always easier to say than to do...I actually think that Buffalo's back-7 is fairly well-equipped to match up with NO's passing game.

I'm much more worried about their ability to hold up against the run.  The Dareus trade left them without a bona fide run-stopper in the middle, and teams know it.