Loss to the Saints next week=wheels come off?

Plano

Yes, losing to the lowly Jets really hurt, but we are still 5-3 at the midway point on our schedule.

I can say, for one, I never thought that we would have this record at this point in the season this year.

Have they overachieved? Possibly. But, the team chemistry is there, and they do have talent.

If the Saints come to Buffalo and beat us like the piss-poor Jets just did, are we screwed? Do the wheels come off and we spiral out of control like 2011?

BUT, what if we smash the Saints in the mouth in Buffalo, and we are suddenly 6-3. I think that this game is the breaking point in the season for many reasons.

Being undefeated at home, keeping that alive, and not losing 2 in a row and feeling like we have our backs against the wall.

If we can duplicate 5-3 in the 2nd half of the season, that makes us 10-6, and PLAYOFFS!!!

Let's not jump off of the ledge just yet, but my toes are in position should the Saints come in and demolish us next week.

Im not a big fan of the phrase must win but this feels like itll be a tipping point

Hopefully all those vets we brought in really get the locker room bought in at this point and the team shows up. The Carolina guys have history with the saints too - which might help up the energy all week

Edited by NoSaint

Yes, losing to the lowly Jets really hurt, but we are still 5-3 at the midway point on our schedule.

I can say, for one, I never thought that we would have this record at this point in the season this year.

Have they overachieved? Possibly. But, the team chemistry is there, and they do have talent.

If the Saints come to Buffalo and beat us like the piss-poor Jets just did, are we screwed? Do the wheels come off and we spiral out of control like 2011?

BUT, what if we smash the Saints in the mouth in Buffalo, and we are suddenly 6-3. I think that this game is the breaking point in the season for many reasons.

Being undefeated at home, keeping that alive, and not losing 2 in a row and feeling like we have our backs against the wall.

If we can duplicate 5-3 in the 2nd half of the season, that makes us 10-6, and PLAYOFFS!!!

Let's not jump off of the ledge just yet, but my toes are in position should the Saints come in and demolish us next week.

there will be 2 responses to the outcome of the game next week.

Lose, close game or blowout, and it's "same old Bills, coaching staff sucks, they give away all the good players, this team will never change

Win close, "Bills got lucky, calls went their way, Saints had to travel and had less rest then the Bills, plus they don't win on the road, same old Bills will be back and no playoffs, Taylor still sucks"

Win by blowout, same thing but less about a call or 2 going their way giving the Bills the game, maybe complaints that we didn't get to see the immortal Peterman in garbage time

Really wouldnt surprise me to see us lose the next 4 games with the way our pass defense has been playing as well as our inability to pressure the QB. McCown has all day to throw so I can only imagine how Brees, Rivers, Smith and Brady are going to do.

Edited by Bangarang

Really wouldnt surprise me to see us lose the next 4 games with the way our pass defense has been playing as well as our inability to pressure the QB. McCown has all day to throw so I can only imagine how Brees, Rivers, Smith and Brady are going to do.

Thats why I said get ready for the big rip. These next 4 teams can generate offense, Taylor will have no choice but to throw the ball into tight window's. I also don't see Benjamin getting a lot of looks from Taylor, he is a big WR that isn't a burner who catches a lot of contested balls. Those are passes Cam would throw but Taylor will not, I would say he gets 4 to 6 targets.

I'm becoming more concerned with Taylor's poor play from the pocket then the Bills D getting back on track.

Play calling is way to predictable and throwing the football more, especially on 1st down is the only way to remedy it in my humble opinion.

I'm just not sure Tyrod Taylor is capable of carrying the team with his arm...

The last 20 years with this franchise has taught me they'll lose the next two, we'll write them off, then they'll have a convincing victory against KC to get our hopes back up only to come back and get crushed by the Pats the next week, beat the Colts and one of the Dolphins games and it's just another typical 8-8 year.

The last 20 years with this franchise has taught me they'll lose the next two, we'll write them off, then they'll have a convincing victory against KC to get our hopes back up only to come back and get crushed by the Pats the next week, beat the Colts and one of the Dolphins games and it's just another typical 8-8 year.

I hate it when that happens :D

if mccown can effortlessly carve up the bills, i can see Drew Brees

throwing 7 or 8 TD's on these guys.

Yes, an away team that can score more than 7 points .... WOW imagine that.

how must the Jets defence feel letting Tyrod Taylor double the shredding that McCown did to the Bills defence? Tyrod stat line was almost exactly double McCowns. McCown didn't shred anyone, the Jets running game carried them on offence and the Bills running game was shut down by the Jets d-line. It's amazing how people just see what they want to see. Since when is 14/20 for 140 yards and a TD shredding a defence?

there will be 2 responses to the outcome of the game next week.

Lose, close game or blowout, and it's "same old Bills, coaching staff sucks, they give away all the good players, this team will never change

Win close, "Bills got lucky, calls went their way, Saints had to travel and had less rest then the Bills, plus they don't win on the road, same old Bills will be back and no playoffs, Taylor still sucks"

Win by blowout, same thing but less about a call or 2 going their way giving the Bills the game, maybe complaints that we didn't get to see the immortal Peterman in garbage time

LOL, I was thinking something very similar this morning...

if mccown can effortlessly carve up the bills, i can see Drew Brees

throwing 7 or 8 TD's on these guys.

Yes, an away team that can score more than 7 points .... WOW imagine that.

LOL "carve up"? Dude he threw for like 140...when TT does that, he sucks....right?

how must the Jets defence feel letting Tyrod Taylor double the shredding that McCown did to the Bills defence? Tyrod stat line was almost exactly double McCowns. McCown didn't shred anyone, the Jets running game carried them on offence and the Bills running game was shut down by the Jets d-line. It's amazing how people just see what they want to see. Since when is 14/20 for 140 yards and a TD shredding a defence?

stop posting my thoughts.

Saints aren't the Raiders, Bucs, Broncos or Jets and superior to us on both sides of the ball.

And we obviously aren't going 8-0 at home so all the ingredients are in place for the annual November/December meltdown to continue with this team.

Bills will need to bounce back strong and play best game of the season just for a chance to win this game next week.

Saints aren't the Raiders, Bucs, Broncos or Jets and superior to us on both sides of the ball.

And we obviously aren't going 8-0 at home so all the ingredients are in place for the annual November/December meltdown to continue with this team.

Bills will need to bounce back strong and play best game of the season just for a chance to win this game next week.

The consensus among many here is that you're not worth responding to but just to pass time before my students arrive:

You know for a fact they won't go 8-0? You can predict the future now? Why aren't you on your own private island after having mastered the stock market?

As I recall you gave them no chance against Oakland or Atlanta. In fact have you ever favored them in any game?

You come up with such ridiculous stuff, including the supposed contacts you have that do not exist.

Play the games. See what happens. My guess is they get back to normal against the Saints.

The consensus among many here is that you're not worth responding to but just to pass time before my students arrive:

You know for a fact they won't go 8-0? You can predict the future now? Why aren't you on your own private island after having mastered the stock market?

As I recall you gave them no chance against Oakland or Atlanta. In fact have you ever favored them in any game?

You come up with such ridiculous stuff, including the supposed contacts you have that do not exist.

Play the games. See what happens. My guess is they get back to normal against the Saints.

I never said 8-0 at home isn't impossible, but it's improbable based on the way this team looks on the road and we simply aren't good enough.

But in another post/thread I did say this could be one of those weird years we go 6-2 or 7-1 at home but only win 1 or 2 road games which might not be good enough for a playoff birth.

Regardless this team has to play much better at home and on the road in the 2nd half of the season or it will be 2008/2011 all over again with the schedule that's left. And if we can't beat the Jets on the road we obviously aren't touching playoff teams like the Chiefs, Pats and Dolphins on their home fields.

I never said 8-0 at home isn't impossible, but it's improbable based on the way this team looks on the road and we simply aren't good enough.

But in another post/thread I did say this could be one of those weird years we go 6-2 or 7-1 at home but only win 1 or 2 road games which might not be good enough for a playoff birth.

Regardless this team has to play much better at home and on the road in the 2nd half of the season or it will be 2008/2011 all over again with the schedule that's left. And if we can't beat the Jets on the road we obviously aren't touching playoff teams like the Chiefs, Pats and Dolphins on their home fields.

Miami is worse than the Jets.

It's a win the team needs, but this isn't the same old NO team. They are very balanced on offense and that defense has been tremendously improved since week 2.

Wrong and they came back down 14 points to beat them a few weeks ago.

People are in for a rude awakening when we play Miami and if they beat the Raiders this week they'll have the same record we do.

The Jets beat the Dolphins pretty easily the first time they played.

The Jets are not a terrible football team, they lost 3 straight but were competitive in all 3 and a Thursday night game in their stadium after we got smoke blown up our butts all week should not have been viewed as a sure win. (I took the Jets +2.5 in my pick 'em but expected a win) People treating them like the Browns or 49ers haven't been paying attention.

It was certainly a winnable game and the team didn't look prepared to play for the first time all season which is very concerning, but now there's nothing left to do but prep for the Saints.