Official fire Rick Dennison thread

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s really bad. I’m not a fan of anyone that plays not to lose. He did that today and it almost backfired. Play to win and let the chips fall where they may. That drive when he ran dive, dive, 3 yard drag was atrocious. That was one of like 4 terrible decisions in the 2nd half. Go down swinging if you are going to go down 

The entire year I have been saying they need to roll him out, or naked bootleg, because that is what he is good at, plus, more important, our OL sucks in generic passblocking. In the middle of the season they rolled him out and did a bunch of naked bootlegs and Tyrod was effective. Then they just abandoned it. They did it on the first offensive play against the Jets and the Jets had the right defense called and then they didn't do it for four straight games. Unbelievably stupid. They did it once in the first half and it was a wide open completion to OLeary to first and goal from the five. So they abandoned it for the rest of the game. 

Its ridiculous. 

The first half showed solid execution and decent play calling which led to the best offense performance in a while. Yet, the second half went polar opposite and mirrored the pitiful play offensively that we all have seen far too often. Dolphins made a few adjustments and our run game flat outright disappeared. Pass game didn't fair much better. We continue to show no ability to make necessary adjustments offensively. The second half lack of offense will get you killed against by Pats, Steelers, and number of other teams. 

I'll  say it once again. Dennison needs to go and Castillo should go with him. He neutered 

Something that McD talked about today on wgr was how the offense would script 10-15 plays to start the game and would normally stick to it was something I thought was interesting.

He scripts the opening drive for every week and this past week was the first time they have scored a TD on the opening drive.

His script must be on par with "the room".

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Its very strange how our offense was great in the first half, then fell off a cliff. Is that by design?

it's called being conservative and in yesterdays case, way too conservative.

I really can not stand dennisons offense. if they had done what they did in the first half for four quarters, they would of looked like a juggernaut going in to foxboro.

gives me very little hope they come out of foxboro with the win.

hope they do dump him.

They were far too conservative in the 2nd half. I know this is something that Gunner and I disagreed on yesterday. While they did take some shots there were other drives where they just should have punted on 1st down.  When Tyrod is playing here is no need to get ultra-conservative with the play calling. He rarely turns the ball over as it is. Run your normal offense and you’ll be fine. It’s not like Smokin’ Jay where he give the ball away a few times and let’s the other team back in the game. The Bills should be really good on the lead with McCoy and a team that takes care of the ball. 

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it's called being conservative and in yesterdays case, way too conservative.

I really can not stand dennisons offense. if they had done what they did in the first half for four quarters, they would of looked like a juggernaut going in to foxboro.

gives me very little hope they come out of foxboro with the win.

hope they do dump him.

Ya, I don't think they had to follow the exact same script as the first half as they were up 3 scores but he should have been a bit more agressive. 

My biggest issue is they go full conservative but then snap the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock. Makes no sense 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They were far too conservative in the 2nd half. I know this is something that Gunner and I disagreed on yesterday. While they did take some shots there were other drives where they just should have punted on 1st down.  When Tyrod is playing here is no need to get ultra-conservative with the play calling. He rarely turns the ball over as it is. Run your normal offense and you’ll be fine. It’s not like Smokin’ Jay where he give the ball away a few times and let’s the other team back in the game. The Bills should be really good on the lead with McCoy and a team that takes care of the ball. 

Ha that's true. Knowing Tyrod is your quarterback is already being conservative. That should affect the situational play calling.

This felt like the Bengals game where everything was going in our favor, but we let them stick around to eventually win it. We should have buried the Dolphins in the 3rd quarter, but instead it came down to an onside kick, and Cutler screwing it up. Brady and most other NFL QBs won't.

Edited by What a Tuel

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thank you for saying what really happened.    

Right. Thanks heavens taylor didn’t keep lighting it up all game long. Then there wouldn’t have been anything get on him for. And we woulda had to skip right to this week and claim of him being benched by halftime again..... at least now that can wait a day or 2 while we nit pick the 2nd half of the fins game.

Edited by Stank_Nasty