This DL is in shambles

GreggTX

It seems Jacksonville inherited all dead space that Dareus would have caused us, so I like this move. Still, our DL looks really bad right now.

Hughes is having his best season to date, but Kyle is nowhere near probowl caliber any more. Shaq is a real disappointment thus far and our remaining DT's are just dumpster diver quality. At LB, Lorenzo is the only LB having a decent season and Lorenzo's play has also fallen off. Our defense may struggle as we near the end of the season. They've looked pretty soft these last 2 games anyways.

How is our cap space looking now?

Edited by GreggTX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems Jacksonville inherited all dead space that Dareus would have caused us, so I like this move. Still, our DL looks really bad right now.

Hughes is having his best season to date, but Kyle is nowhere near probowl caliber any more. Shaq is a real disappointment thus far and our remaining DT's are just dumpster diver quality. At LB, Lorenzo is the only LB having a decent season and Lorenzo's play has also fallen off. Our defense may struggle as we near the end of the season. They've looked pretty soft these last 2 games anyways.

Have you been watching the same Kyle Williams? He's looked pretty solid to me. And their opponents' lack of rushing yards kinda hints that the DL might not exactly be in shambles...

Worthy and Thornton are doing just fine for themselves.

I like (as in really, really like) dumping Dareus. Having said that: he was still playing reasonably well when he was out there. PFF had him ranked "above average." For comparison:

Kyle: average

Thornton: below average

Worthy: poor

Adolphus: poor

So assuming Dareus would be on the field (a big assumption), they do take an immediate hit by trading him. The alternatives are kind of replacement level players. Adolphus has more talent, but they seem to be giving up on him, at least as an inside player. And it is also true that injuries are catching up with the D. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take a step back in the short term. But again, I still love the trade since it opens up tons of options for 2018 and beyond.

I like (as in really, really like) dumping Dareus. Having said that: he was still playing reasonably well when he was out there. PFF had him ranked "above average." For comparison:

Kyle: average

Thornton: below average

Worthy: poor

Adolphus: poor

So assuming Dareus would be on the field (a big assumption), they do take an immediate hit by trading him. The alternatives are kind of replacement level players. Adolphus has more talent, but they seem to be giving up on him, at least as an inside player. And it is also true that injuries are catching up with the D. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take a step back in the short term. But again, I still love the trade since it opens up tons of options for 2018 and beyond.

If this PFF statement is true its surprising to me. I have a lot of respect for PFF. And I think our DL is solid and Dareus has been a non factor. For some reason trading Dareus has put me in a good mood!!

Everything from TX is big including the bull. Hope you step in a large pile on way home.

I read posts like this, look left to the OP's post count, then it all makes sense.

In general, a poster's number of posts is irrelevant. With your point of view, would you consider a writer that writes 10 books that nobody buys is better than a writer who writes one book but it's a bestseller?

All that being said, although Dareus wasn't doing a lot, he was tying up blockers when he was playing. Only time will tell if there's an impact to the rest of the DL and the whole defense. Based on how the defense has progressed I actually expect another DT will take advantage of the extra snaps.