Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

WHY WOULD WE REACH OUT FOR Cousins or Jimmy G when we have Tyrod Taylor???!!!?????

I just cannot comprehend this thinking, I recently spoke to a Giant, Jet, Raven and Bronco fan. All 4 are very knowledgeable fans , with very high football i.q's, each one had extremely high praise for Taylor. Saying they would "love" to have him as their QB , and view him as one of the toughest QB's to defend in the NFL!

Hey JerseyBills... first off the context of my comment was perhaps that is what they are thinking. I was not supporting this. IMO, draft and mold a QB into the system. It was just a thought what they MAY be doing.

Secondly, I don't know if you realize this but your point being supported by 4 random fans of 4 teams with their very own crappy QBs does not make them experts on the position. IF anything, it weakens whatever argument your trying to make and it makes it look juvenile. Moreover, IF one compares it to various front offices that have devalued Taylor via contracts etc. you would see they have a drastically different opinion then 4 dudes on a barstool. I would hope to think front offices (GMs et al.) have a slightly higher "football IQ" than your random chosen fans.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point you realize that some people just do not have much character.And the chances of them changing are very small.

Dareus was a potential Hall Of Fame level interior d lineman.-He still flashes it occasionally.

If he were playing up to his abilities he would be a ferocious game dominator...Well he dominates for a play or two.Then is just an average DT.

He is too expensive to keep on the team playing at the level he is now.

There should be no discussion about the level of his play in that he should be dominating so much that it would be obvious.

Also-He is at worst a drug addict and at best a guy who has a lot of temptation regarding taking NFL illegal substances. This makes him a constant worry

for temporary or permanent suspension.

Another sad mistake among many in this organization(drafting him);and exactly why the Bills have failed to make the playoffs for 18 yrs.

Bravo for McD and Beane in making this move and handling it with class.

Which great DTs have won a Super Bowl recently? It isnt an important enough position. Give me guys that rush the passer. Paying big money to a run gap stuffer is a waste.

So is drafting one third overall in a loaded draft.

So Kyle gets hurt now, right? I mean, weve seen this flick before.

yep we lose one game and we say well we had key injuries... We lose our second game that we say well we lost Dareus... We lives at third or fourth game and we say okay yeah maybe we will need another year to get the system under our belts... It would mean four or five more by the end of the year and we said okay that but we have hope for next year... It was injuries...

This ends up more about dumping a player that, given his performance level the last two years and off the field issues, was not critical to their success and the most effective way to clear cap space in the future. The money they save this year (extra cap space in current year) can be rolled into next year's cap.

The other thing it could do, maybe if the Bills beat the Raiders and move to 5-2, is open the door to trade for a WR (use the Dareus '18 cap money) before Tuesday.

Being a GM is like playing chess, not checkers. Chess you have to think multiple moves ahead. People have to give Beane time to play chess.

yep. "the Process" is an ongoing process. just as the Bills' secondary is a wildly great bargain for the talent and production they bring as a group, Dareus was exactly the opposite. you nurture the former, you exit the latter as fast as you reasonably can.. Dareus is seriously damaged goods.. too bad for all the tragedy he has had,, he has to be a mess inside

Let me rephrase:

You do understand getting a sack isn't the only "good play" one can make in the team's pass rush scheme? Right?

If you didn't mean to say that, I'm sorry. I can't read your mind.

EDIT: As with offensive linemen, many (most?) of the good plays defensive linemen make aren't reflected in the stats. They also go relatively unnoticed by the average fan.

Yes I get that. Sorry I wasn't more clear. But in that case was Dareus really doing anything the other arts weren't?

That was me that you responded to and I think you missed the point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868200/article/bills-trade-marcell-dareus-to-jaguars-for-draft-pick

"Marcell Dareus is an experienced player who has been productive throughout his career," JaguarsExecutive Vice President of Football Operations Tom Coughlin said in a statement Saturday. "He will be a good fit with our team and our defense. We expect him to be stout against the run and to be able to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. This was a great opportunity to acquire a proven player who can come in and help us immediately."

I think too many of the folks here live in the world of Madden. REAL human beings are not machines that perform at optimum day in and day out.

I have NEVER seen anywhere where someone doubted Marcell's talent or abilities. Marcell's problem is between his ears - MOTIVATION.

I think that the die was cast, with McDermott, on August 26th when he sent Darius home for not getting to the game on time.

Darius' attitude was a locker room CANCER.

"There is no Darius in TEAM"

If you expected this team even with Marcel to win more than six or seven games this year you are delusional

oh, so you're saying they'll only win two, maybe three more games? we'll see who's delusional although if a fan is looking for wins rather than losses, call me delusional then

thanks nostrodomus, I'll be glad to see one of those wins come today...GO BILLS!!!

Look how high Dareus was in this post-contract-signing interview with Chris Brown back in 2015. We should have known...

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Watch-Marcell-Dareus-Signs-Contract-Extension/877f1a83-50ce-4dff-bda3-ae666bb74d1b

post-17182-0-81947000-1509280009.jpg

brown looks high as well. it's the squint in his eye that gave it away.

If you expected this team even with Marcel to win more than six or seven games this year you are delusional

So Im delusional if i think the Bills will win at least four of their next 10 games, which include two against the Dolphins and one each against the Colts, Jets and Chargers?

So for those that keep saying Dareus is constantly double teamed. He played 41 snaps against Tampa. Dareus was doubled on 12 of those snaps or 29%. 71% of the snaps Dareus took he was not double teamed. OMG who is going to take all the double teams now??!!!??

Edited by Scott7975