Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

If it were only about money he would have stayed with the Bills.

I think he saw something getting big and thought he could jump onto it and launch himself into a post-football activist career, it didn't work, and as a result he's suddenly rediscovered his passion for the game

It probably doesn't. I have to make decisions all the time about projects and jobs. Usually, most everything has to be right about them or I won't consider it. I want to work and may like the money but I don't want to do something unless 5-6 different criterion are met. I think that is what he is doing.

In addition, it's almost impossible for any of these guys in any sport to walk away when they are not absolutely forced to. I think guys second guess their retirements all the time thinking they could play one more year - or one more half year - and really help someone. They're of course, fooling themselves, but they believe it and it doesn't make them liars in my mind for trying to see if some team wants to give them that last chance.

I want to be clear...by no means am I hating on him. I get what you’re saying, and I think what he is feeling. Hey, and if we could pick up even a 7th a year from now, it’s more than we had before.

I think he saw something getting big and thought he could jump onto it and launch himself into a post-football activist career, it didn't work, and as a result he's suddenly rediscovered his passion for the game

He's been an activist for a long time. He was named Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2015 for it. He expanded it into other areas recently and is still doing it.

The only place he would play if I was GM would be Buffalo

They did make it as difficult as possible for him to move on. I guess. seems he is worth a conditional 7th

Based on his presaeason he may be another guy who tries to hang on too long.

and he sucked. ran about as fast as i could and seemed to have no interest in catching Tyrod's tosses.

fu ab

I thought he'd be a good influence on the younger receivers but he's been a douche

#jadedturtle

That is what we don't know. I imagine that Beane and McD were pissed at him. I imagine some of the players were, too. That he gave up on them. Who knows. Players often think different than we do. More importantly, I think we need WR but I don't think we need him. Matthews and Jones are both possession players who should be playing out of the slot. We don't need a third guy who is much slower. We need big play guys that can play outside and open up the field and make the safeties not crowd up to stop Shady.

We probably don't want him.

Absolutely. All the strange stuff related to the signing/trade request aside, he looks shot at this point I cannot see him contributing in a meaningful way.

Id make him fight for social justice for a living

Agreed. F him. He can rot. Unless some team is dumb enough to give us a 3rd for him, which will never happen, dont help him out. He didnt want to help the Bills this year. Tough luck. Enjoy retirement. You wanted it. You got it.