Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

I buy 100% of that.....but now we're 4-2. There are 6 teams in the NFL with a better record. WTF?

Yep. I think he was just wrong about what the team could do. And I think he wasn't honest when he gave his reasons for why he retired. It's possible, however, that he was protecting the Bills by not saying what he felt, that the team was not interested in winning this season but rather trading assets for future considerations he wasn't going to be around for. That could have been legit. And he would have been just wrong in his calculation and not a jerk for lying.

What a loser. I have way more respect for Kaepernick than I do this douche nozzle. At least Kaepernick actually believes in his cause, despite what I may think of it. This faggot just jumped on the bandwagon trying to get some exposure as he saw his career coming to an end. Unfortunately for him no one cared and now he's trying to get one more shot at a paycheck.

:lol::worthy:

What a loser. I have way more respect for Kaepernick than I do this douche nozzle. At least Kaepernick actually believes in his cause, despite what I may think of it. This faggot just jumped on the bandwagon trying to get some exposure as he saw his career coming to an end. Unfortunately for him no one cared and now he's trying to get one more shot at a paycheck.

If it were only about money he would have stayed with the Bills.

Myself and a lot of people thought that he was somewhat excited that someone offered him decent money to come play on a team coming off a good offensive season where he would be the slot receiver and mentor to Watkins and Zay Jones. He thought he had a decent shot at the playoffs and serve a purpose. When they traded Watkins, we thought that he was discouraged and (perhaps wrongly) thought this team is not going anywhere and his excitement and optimism for the season went away, as is we were tanking.

I buy all that as well. It just seems like he is a little delusional, believing he could find the perfect situation and anticipate all the variables (trades, injuries, etc.) that affect a given teams prospects any given season.

Wonder if he would have hung them up a few weeks ago when Rodgers got injured had he signed with the Packers? Seems like a selfish thing to do to your teammates.

If it were only about money he would have stayed with the Bills.

Does he know Tyrod is #7? :)

He's played a lot of years in the league. We’re talking about another 2-3 months. If he REALLY wants to be back, how much does the location matter? If he only wants to be back close to home, how much does the football matter?

Does he know Tyrod is #7? :)

He's played a lot of years in the league. We’re talking about another 2-3 months. If he REALLY wants to be back, how much does the location matter? If he only wants to be back close to home, how much does the football matter?

It probably doesn't. I have to make decisions all the time about projects and jobs. Usually, most everything has to be right about them or I won't consider it. I want to work and may like the money but I don't want to do something unless 5-6 different criterion are met. I think that is what he is doing.

In addition, it's almost impossible for any of these guys in any sport to walk away when they are not absolutely forced to. I think guys second guess their retirements all the time thinking they could play one more year - or one more half year - and really help someone. They're of course, fooling themselves, but they believe it and it doesn't make them liars in my mind for trying to see if some team wants to give them that last chance.

I buy all that as well. It just seems like he is a little delusional, believing he could find the perfect situation and anticipate all the variables (trades, injuries, etc.) that affect a given teams prospects any given season.

Wonder if he would have hung them up a few weeks ago when Rodgers got injured had he signed with the Packers? Seems like a selfish thing to do to your teammates.

Yep. I think it was a little selfish. But he may have felt the Bills were deceiving him in a substantial way too. It seems obvious they would have said to him we are all in for this season to get him to sign. And then a week later, out of nowhere, they trade Watkins and Darby, two starters.

Yep. I think it was a little selfish. But he may have felt the Bills were deceiving him in a substantial way too. It seems obvious they would have said to him we are all in for this season to get him to sign. And then a week later, out of nowhere, they trade Watkins and Darby, two starters.

Yes and if management gave him the impression during negotiations that the core of the team would remain intact and contributors were not going to be moved, his actions make more sense.

But now, however, with Boldin seemingly deciding to play again, why not come back to a team that is very competitive at this point? Sounds like he just does not want to play in Buffalo.

Yes and if management gave him the impression during negotiations that the core of the team would remain intact and contributors were not going to be moved, his actions make more sense.

But now, however, with Boldin seemingly deciding to play again, why not come back to a team that is very competitive at this point? Sounds like he just does not want to play in Buffalo.

That is what we don't know. I imagine that Beane and McD were pissed at him. I imagine some of the players were, too. That he gave up on them. Who knows. Players often think different than we do. More importantly, I think we need WR but I don't think we need him. Matthews and Jones are both possession players who should be playing out of the slot. We don't need a third guy who is much slower. We need big play guys that can play outside and open up the field and make the safeties not crowd up to stop Shady.

We probably don't want him.