Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

"Changing your mind" is retiring a couple weeks after signing a contract. But when you then want to play for a different team a couple months later it's called something else.

Exactly. If all he wanted to do was play football, he would have attempted to rejoin the Bills. Maybe he has and we told him to kick rocks? Who knows. If that's the case, then I don't have a problem with Boldin.

"Changing your mind" is retiring a couple weeks after signing a contract. But when you then want to play for a different team a couple months later it's called something else.

It could still be called 'changing your mind' just for a different reason. Jesus Christ, it's amazing what ticks people off on this site sometimes.

Exactly. If all he wanted to do was play football, he would have attempted to rejoin the Bills. Maybe he has and we told him to kick rocks? Who knows. If that's the case, then I don't have a problem with Boldin.

I very much doubt we would want him back. For at least three good reasons. So that could well be the case.

The report was about a conversation he had with the Pats in the spring. Well before the Bills signing.

I thought it was about him being interested in playing for the Patriots after he had already retired.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anquan-boldin-reportedly-remains-intrigued-by-the-possibility-of-joining-patriots/

■ In light of Edelman’s injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility. But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalo’s reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots. That sort of cooperation from a division rival doesn’t seem likely.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I can certainly understand why some athletes want little to do with some fans. The backlash on Boldin changing his mind about playing is outrageous.

You say it like he decided to wear a green shirt instead of a blue shirt. He said he was done with football and made it sound like his larger aspirations were to be some sort of civil activist. If he just said hey I'm retiring and then decided to come back there wouldn't be that much of a backlash. At this point he's just coming off as phony.