Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

I thought it was about him being interested in playing for the Patriots after he had already retired.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anquan-boldin-reportedly-remains-intrigued-by-the-possibility-of-joining-patriots/

They actually talked in the spring. Volin says "he remains intrigued" but that means nothing to me. There is no quote from Boldin. There is no real inference Volin recently spoke to him specifically about it. There is no report of contacting Bills. I think it was all speculation from the earlier contact because Welker had just gone down.

He lied about quitting football for a good cause. This looks really bad on him.

Yeah, I don't like the way he handled this either and I hope we don't make it easy on him. If we send him to the Pats* for a 7th or a 6th in 2019, I will be bummed. But I like the letter from Beane and it is worth having his agent do the leg work to see if anyone is interested.

They actually talked in the spring. Volin says "he remains intrigued" but that means nothing to me. There is no quote from Boldin. There is no real inference Volin recently spoke to him specifically about it. There is no report of contacting Bills. I think it was all speculation from the earlier contact because Welker had just gone down.

Could be both things are true. You know how things work via back channels.

Could be both things are true. You know how things work via back channels.

True. Not something I know for sure. To me, "remains intrigued" is likely something along the lines of someone saying to him what if the Patriots came calling to you and Boldin smiles and says "I'm retired. But I would have loved to play with Brady sometime. Never say never."

***hole #@!#@ng disingenuous punk!!!! He would automatically go to #2 Most Hated Buffalo Bill of all time after Marshawn Lynch.

Congratulations Dusty Ziegler, you just got passed up!!!

#@!$ YOU, BOLDIN.

Changing your mind is not lying. Apparently he has been doing community work throughout his playing career. I'm guessing he can still do that.

Signing a contract and committing to the BUFFALO BILLS ***IS*** something he lied about by asking to be traded. Can you AT LEAST admit that is true?

***hole #@!#@ng disingenuous punk!!!! He would automatically go to #2 Most Hated Buffalo Bill of all time after Marshawn Lynch.

Congratulations Dusty Ziegler, you just got passed up!!!

#@!$ YOU, BOLDIN.

Signing a contract and committing to the BUFFALO BILLS ***IS*** something he lied about by asking to be traded. Can you AT LEAST admit that is true?

Lol who hates Marshawn? Most hated of all time? Get a clue.

What a loser. I have way more respect for Kaepernick than I do this douche nozzle. At least Kaepernick actually believes in his cause, despite what I may think of it. This faggot just jumped on the bandwagon trying to get some exposure as he saw his career coming to an end. Unfortunately for him no one cared and now he's trying to get one more shot at a paycheck.

I am still confused - why did this guy sign with the Bills in the first place if he was never really willing to play here?

Myself and a lot of people thought that he was somewhat excited that someone offered him decent money to come play on a team coming off a good offensive season where he would be the slot receiver and mentor to Watkins and Zay Jones. He thought he had a decent shot at the playoffs and serve a purpose. When they traded Watkins, we thought that he was discouraged and (perhaps wrongly) thought this team is not going anywhere and his excitement and optimism for the season went away, as is we were tanking.

Myself and a lot of people thought that he was somewhat excited that someone offered him decent money to come play on a team coming off a good offensive season where he would be the slot receiver and mentor to Watkins and Zay Jones. He thought he had a decent shot at the playoffs and serve a purpose. When they traded Watkins, we thought that he was discouraged and (perhaps wrongly) thought this team is not going anywhere and his excitement and optimism for the season went away, as is we were tanking.

I buy 100% of that.....but now we're 4-2. There are 6 teams in the NFL with a better record. WTF?