JW - Real QB?

Saw many posts in the game thread to the effect of "See what a real QB can do"

He did play great at times and looks like a solidly above average QB. He threw for nearly 400 yards but had a pick and two other picks dropped.

TT goes for 268, made some good plays with his feet, avoided at least two sure sacks, and no turnovers. Hell he even caught the ball for Zay twice.

I will take 268 an no picks all the way to the playoffs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did play great at times and looks like a solidly above average QB. He threw for nearly 400 yards but had a pick and two other picks dropped.

TT goes for 268, made some good plays with his feet, avoided at least two sure sacks, and no turnovers. Hell he even caught the ball for Zay twice.

Totally agree. First, he has Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, Bratt and Howard at TE, and Doug Martin who is good. Second, he had a fumble and an interception and should have had a second interception that Gaines lost. Turnovers won that game. McCoys let TB get the lead, Tre's play won it for us. Tyrod doesn't turn the ball over. That is something that he doesn't nearly get the credit for.

Winston played very well today. He was the reason his team was in the game. Tyrod played well too.

We don't have to denegrate other QBs to somehow validate Tyrod.

I didn't. Just pointed out the turnovers. In fact, I would argue it is easier to decrease the interceptions than it will be for Tyrod to keep evolving as a passer. JW is the real deal. Better than I thought coming out of college.

Winston had a different good game than Tyrod but Tyrod played very well.

Sometimes you need to throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's to win a game. Sometimes you need to protect the ball and make a couple key plays.

It's really not that complex.

Yup.

And turnovers can be a big deal or completely mitigated by aggressive play succeeding elsewhere. If the int is downfield, it can essentially be a punt while an extra 100+ yards passing flips the field multiple times or adds points. I'd love to see a few more of those shots still but it was a good game for Tyrod. Hopefully some stuff he can start stringing together and not a one off.

Edited by NoSaint

Winston played very well today. He was the reason his team was in the game. Tyrod played well too.

We don't have to denegrate other QBs to somehow validate Tyrod.

Exactly. JW has a huge ceiling and I'd take him in a NY minute. TT played well today but no need to dump on JW.

Winston had a different good game than Tyrod but Tyrod played very well.

Sometimes you need to throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's to win a game. Sometimes you need to protect the ball and make a couple key plays.

It's really not that complex.

And sometimes you have big receivers with great hands getting wide open all over the place.

He did make some really nice throws though. The one to Evans in the endzone couldn't be thrown any better.

Yup.

And turnovers can be a big deal or completely mitigated by aggressive play succeeding elsewhere. If the int is downfield, it can essentially be a punt while an extra 100+ yards passing flips the field multiple times or adds points. I'd love to see a few more of those shots still but it was a good game for Tyrod. Hopefully some stuff he can start stringing together and not a one off.

And important to note, the 3 TO's by the Bucs offense today resulted only in 3 Bills points? Whereas Winston's aggressive play led to 3 TD's by him personally and other points elsewhere.

That's a net gain for 18 points, at least.

Edited by jmc12290

I was impressed with his patience in the pocket, i really thought him being a young QB would struggle against our disciplined zone coverage. I don't know if he changed all the plays he seemed to change at the LOS but he was in command of that offense.

And important to note, the 3 TO's by the Bucs offense today resulted only in 3 Bills points? Whereas Winston's aggressive play led to 3 TD's by him personally and other points elsewhere.

That's a net gain for 18 points, at least.

Correct. I'd still take the kid and feel pretty good about it.

Jameis is a good QB, but how about the weapons he has around him? How good would he look throwing to Logan Thomas, Deonte Thompson, Nick O'Leary, Andre Holmes?

Give Tyrod the likes of Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson, and people would be falling over themselves to call TT "elite."

Edited by LA Grant

Jameis is a good QB, but how about the weapons he has around him? How good would he look throwing to Logan Thomas, Deonte Thompson, Nick O'Leary, Andre Holmes?

Give Tyrod the likes of Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson, and people would be falling over themselves to call TT "elite."

TT had Sammy, Woods, and clay.......

Plus over 50 on ground,a couple of those extending drives. Taylor played phenomenal today

Plus over 50 on ground,a couple of those extending drives. Taylor played phenomenal today

See you always go a bit OTT. He played well.... the 2nd half I'd say very well. But "phenomenal"? Just pump the brakes a tad.... and I am not telling you not to be happy or enjoy the win.

It was 30-27.

They had 447 yards we had 434.

Both teams had 11 drives.

Yards per play were essentially the same.

They were 6-11 on third down, we were 10-16.

Winston had two turnovers TT had none.

Winston had 378 yards TT had 261 plus 53 rushing for 314.

Winston has Evans, Jackson, Howard, Bratt and Martin.

TT has one handed Matthews, Zay, DT, OLeary, Thomas and Shady.

It was 30-27.

They had 447 yards we had 434.

Both teams had 11 drives.

Yards per play were essentially the same.

They were 6-11 on third down, we were 10-16.

Winston had two turnovers TT had none.

Winston had 378 yards TT had 261 plus 53 rushing for 314.

Winston has Evans, Jackson, Howard, Bratt and Martin.

TT has one handed Matthews, Zay, DT, OLeary, Thomas and Shady.

Winston had 3 TD's, Tyrod had 1.