Bills vs. Buccaneers Postgame

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give credit to Tyrod. He really stepped up down in the fourth like that.

Play of the games:

1. Tre White single-handedly getting us a chance to win it

2. Taiwan Jones coming in ice cold off the bench to dazzle dazzle their entire defense for a massive first down. It easily could've ended up like the Reggie Bush reverse last year, but Jones willed his way to the first. Awesome play.

Agree, great post

Is there Bills health insurance? They should pay for the heart attack I'm going to have one of these years.

I know. Nothing affects me like this team. I've lost a job, smashed a car, got bad health news and was fairly calm all through it. (came out okay) But this team nearly kills me every week. And I've been following them since 1963. I should be on pacemaker by now.

What are the chances of the Sabres coming back from a 3-0 and 4-1 deficit to the Bruins in Boston on a road back to back, Kane scoring with two minutes to tie and then O'Reilly winning it in overtime - and then the Bills coming back with ten points in the last three minutes to win against the Bucs within 24 hours?

So what happened on the blown coverage to OJ for the long TD? I missed it. I was in the crapper.

No one bothered to cover him. There is not much more to say. Its like they didn't even know he was on the field. No one within 15 yards of him. Caught a pass and waltzed down the field for a TD.

Does anyone know why the Bears dropped DT? He looks great. He seems like a legit speed receiver. I think our wideouts, even Matthews, are bigger possesion type guys, and we definitely needed some speed out there! What a game! What a day! A lot of fun, but I think I aged 10 yeats in 3 hours.

Great showing by the offence all around and yes Taylor was exceptional today.....some great plays and Mccoy finally gets that monkey off his back--monster day for him!......we found our main WR!! But wow our defence took abit of a step back today......

Best offense we have faced all year I believe. We've been a bend and don't break defense really anyways. And that was how it was going today for most of the game until we broke on two TDs that were both broken coverage plays on Howard. We have a solid and sound defense but I expect them to finish middle of the back in yards and maybe 8-10 in points given up.

Definitely hope Thompson can start next week for us. Thompson, Matthews and Holmes should be our primary three wide receiver set with Matthews and Thompson as starters.

I have to give credit to Tyrod. He really stepped up down in the fourth like that.

Play of the games:

1. Tre White single-handedly getting us a chance to win it

2. Taiwan Jones coming in ice cold off the bench to dazzle dazzle their entire defense for a massive first down. It easily could've ended up like the Reggie Bush reverse last year, but Jones willed his way to the first. Awesome play.

While the defense didn't play well overall, there were some good performances today, rookies Milano and White are two of them.

I said in the chat I hated the play call, Taiwan Jones got the 1st down all by himself and with some help from the Bucs D.

Right?

When they scored, I was SURE it was over.

I thought so too.

I was so happy when Jones caught that one contested ball for a first down, wanted to reach through the screen and give him a hug haha. Hopefully his mental hangups are being worked through.

The whole stadium cheered, that was nice to see.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills RB LeSean McCoy finished the game with 122 total yards and 2 TDs. He's been waiting on this outing for a loooong time. Raiders next.

Announcers said the offense met with Denison about bringing back the run plays from last year and were using them on the field today.

Wonder how the meeting went.

What are the chances of the Sabres coming back from a 3-0 and 4-1 deficit to the Bruins in Boston on a road back to back, Kane scoring with two minutes to tie and then O'Reilly winning it in overtime - and then the Bills coming back with ten points in the last three minutes to win against the Bucs within 24 hours?

I had more faith in the Sabres to be perfectly honest. Bucs had all the momentum and Taylor usually plays like Tyrod Taylor when we need to rely on his arm for a game tying drive. Never glad to be so wrong.

@marklud12

One of the more interesting sights in locker room: Tre White still stewing over Mike Evans TD, not thinking as much about fumble recovery

Excuse my language but dammit I love this kid. What is there not to like about his attitude, his play, and his work ethic? Every week McDermott looks more and more like a genius for dropping back and drafting this kid. We got ourselves a football player!

Edited by smuvtalker

No one bothered to cover him. There is not much more to say. Its like they didn't even know he was on the field. No one within 15 yards of him. Caught a pass and waltzed down the field for a TD.

Just like the Logan Thomas TD, good playcall by both OCs.

@PFF

Key stats and grades from the Bills win over the Bucs: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27/

DMxfWDjX4AA-Shn.jpg

BUF-Bills-Header.png

Top 5 Grades:

LB Matt Milano, 88.3 overall grade

T Cordy Glenn, 85.6 overall grade

C Eric Wood, 85.5 overall grade

WR Deonte Thompson, 82.9 overall grade

T Jordan Mills, 82.7 overall grade

Performances of Note: WR Deonte Thompson, 82.9 overall grade

Deonte Thompson only played 22 snaps, and while he didn’t play much, he made a big impact, catching all four passess thrown his way for 107 yards. Seemingly, every time the Bills had a big play, Thompson was the one who made it. He ended the day with a ridiculous 7.64 yards per route run, due to 107 yards on just 14 pass routes.

T Cordy Glenn, 85.6 overall grade

The Bills offensive line was able to control the Bucs defensive line with ease for the most part, as they only allowed six total pressures on 38 passing snaps. The best player on the line was Cordy Glenn as he was able to control the pass-rush and also help open holes for the Bills running backs.

LB Matt Milano, 88.3 overall grade

Milano found himself contributing in a variety of ways against Tampa Bay, all leading to a team-high overall grade. The rookie linebacker tallied two pressures (both hurries) to go with two defensive stops and a very impressive interception on a seam route where he hung with Cameron Brate step for step.

S Micah Hyde, 81.6 overall grade

Hyde tallied four tackles on the afternoon without missing one, the fifth consecutive week in which he has not missed a tackle (he missed one in Week 1). Hyde also had one pass breakup, his second of the season to go with his league-high four interceptions.

and 3 of those wins were against garbage teams. The 4th was against the Pats on their third QB who had a broken throwing thumb.

A win against the defending NFC champs isn't garbage.

The only reason Evans could catch that ball was because JW threw it perfectly to the only spot where it could be caught. Tre had him blanketed.

Edited by Domdab99

A win against the defending NFC champs isn't garbage. The only reason Evans could catch that ball was because JW through it perfectly to the only spot where it could be caught. Tre had him blanketed.

Almost impossible to stop that. Good route, good receiver, great pass, good catch, good feet, right on the sideline with ball and feet. Again, with all of those things happening on same play it's nearly impossible to stop.

A win against the defending NFC champs isn't garbage.

The only reason Evans could catch that ball was because JW through it perfectly to the only spot where it could be caught. Tre had him blanketed.

Last year? Who was the defending NFC champ we beat last year to get us to 4-2? We beat a terrible Cards team, terrible 49ers team, terrible Rams team, and a Pats team on its 3rd QB with a broken throwing thumb.

You said we were 4-2 last year and I said we beat all garbage.

Does anyone know why the Bears dropped DT? He looks great. He seems like a legit speed receiver. I think our wideouts, even Matthews, are bigger possesion type guys, and we definitely needed some speed out there! What a game! What a day! A lot of fun, but I think I aged 10 yeats in 3 hours.

They only threw 7 passes total so they dont need him!