Marshawn Lynch suspended for Bills game; appeal denied

YoloinOhio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drop in the hat. he meant no harm to the ref. he did what at the heat of the moment he felt he had to do, was have somebody's back. I don't blame him.

a bit more with bonus, but he still won't care

@spotrac

#Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch will forfeit $110,661 in salary/bonus for his 1 game suspension.

Can't. Suspended players cannot be around the team for anything, including being at the facility.

In his case no. Players suspended for substances of abuse can.

@RapSheet

#Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch was suspended 1 game for his actions last night. The breakdown from @NFLTotalAccess

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/921518542452809728/pu/vid/1280x720/_L5JOAUzGu2mFZgL.mp4

In his case no. Players suspended for substances of abuse can.

@RapSheet

#Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch was suspended 1 game for his actions last night. The breakdown from @NFLTotalAccess

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/921518542452809728/pu/vid/1280x720/_L5JOAUzGu2mFZgL.mp4

case to case. so he will travel with them then? may be anyway depending on his appeal?

I can't imagine any way his appeal would be successful.

It would have to lean on either precedent or defined punishment for contact (and entering the field). Someone here claimed both were clearly defined fines- so I guess it's possible the NFL has yet again overstepped their own rules but I don't really know In this case

I can't imagine any way his appeal would be successful.

They’ll make something up like they always do and take it to the Supreme Court if possible. If the suspension stands then they will crap on the commissioner and the CBA.

Guy was toxic when he was here and remains a toxic and divisive individual.

Says no teammate of his ever. Are you guys seriously holding things against him years after the fact? Are you discarding all the good he has done for Oakland? Like working with kids in the city of Oakland for example?

Sometimes (many times) I sense folks get bitter when Bills players leave.

I wonder what you folks think of guys who have truly been toxic like Richie Incognito? Or does he get a pass because he's the best pulling guard in the league?

I'm having trouble following the logic guys.

Yeah. Not sure how that defense is going to go.

Yeah like this:

So Mr Lynch your appeal is recognised and you have been suspended for 1 game for conduct outlined in the letter you have before you. What do you have to say?

crickets..........crickets.........

Yeah like this:

So Mr Lynch your appeal is recognised and you have been suspended for 1 game for conduct outlined in the letter you have before you. What do you have to say?

crickets..........crickets.........

I was curious and googled penalties for touching referees -- vikes safety popped up (ejected not suspended though)

And the rule book pops up with first offense as a fine:

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/

So, there may be some sort of answer from his lawyer. Depends on the points of the cba rules and precedents and the Nfl often steps outside of those.