Mile High Sports: Bills OT Glenn could be traded to Broncos

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clear out cap space

cordy is the 2nd highest paid O-lineman in the league

he's not the 2nd most talented

Had to check on this because I thought there was no way it was true but you're right.

I'd be perfectly okay with a Glenn trade.

Not permitted by the NFL.

Because...why?

Had to check on this because I thought there was no way it was true but you're right.

I'd be perfectly okay with a Glenn trade.

Because...why?

So you're okay with $18.5M in dead cap? :doh:

There's a little thing in the NFL called substance abuse as governed by the CBA. You know? The thing that had Henderson suspended for 10 games.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Who trades a quality starting LT? Oh wait, the Bills do.

First they let go of Tyrods best receiver. Now his best o-line man. Maybe next they will take his sneakers and make him play barefoot?

This new regime is building a roster they want, not what Whaley or other regimes envisioned.

And I still think some fans are vastly overrating Glenn. If anything Peters was the guy we should have kept, Glenn is nowhere close to him.

This new regime is building a roster they want, not what Whaley or other regimes envisioned.

And I still think some fans are vastly overrating Glenn. If anything Peters was the guy we should have kept, Glenn is nowhere close to him.

Does he play like a top 10 left tackle when healthy - Yes or No?

I can give a crap what they "envision". I envision drafting a shiny new QB who is going to need a solid O-line and WR's.

Edited by Real McCoy

Does he play like a top 10 tackle when healthy - Yes or No?

IMO no, but he's certainly not terrible. I would probably grade him out somewhere as the top 15 - 20 player at his position, hence the reason his contract is inflated and obviously this new regime shares a similar sentiment if they want to unload him.

There's a little thing in the NFL called substance abuse as governed by the CBA. You know? The thing that had Henderson suspended for 10 games.

No ****, Sherlock.

Because the NFL's primary sponsors (read: beer companies) don't want the league legitimizing their competition.

fb_correct.gif

clear out cap space

cordy is the 2nd highest paid O-lineman in the league

he's not the 2nd most talented

That's overstating it a bit. His average pay puts him 5th among left tackles, and as usual dropping down the list as years pass. He's paid as an above average LT, not as the second best lineman in the league.

Well, actually...

post-17182-0-16595200-1508538438.jpg

A single year cap hit is low in the ways I'd rank pay in the league.

Can anyone point me to where "the new coaching staff has expressed frustration" with Glenn? I have read, in multiple threads, that Glenn isn't all in with "the process", in McBean's doghouse, etc. Where is this coming from?

It's mostly people jumping to conclusions.

I believe you are probably correct. But when someone says the coaches EXPRESSED frustration, there ought to be something to point to.

Cap hit is not contract.

If I was DC Tom I would include 'stupid' in that sentence, but I'll just bite my tongue...

So how can you have a cap hit if it isn't a part of a contract?

You can't... so if anyone is being stupid it is certainly not Wayne Arnold.

Can anyone point me to where "the new coaching staff has expressed frustration" with Glenn? I have read, in multiple threads, that Glenn isn't all in with "the process", in McBean's doghouse, etc. Where is this coming from?

He's the 2nd highest paid player on the team and we aren't getting anything from him this year.

Factor in the injury issues the few years and he certainly appears to be a player on the decline.

Who knows what's really happening behind closed doors at One Bills Drive but you have to believe he's on Beane and McD's radar, but not in a good way similar to Dareus.

To each their own but cap hit should be all that matters to a fan.

He'll be the third highest cap hit next year.

Weird, right? When you pick the two highest years of his cap hit and we are alread half way through one of them.

And of course those are high hits because of that amortized signing bonus that would create all that dead space since we already paid the cash.

You are correct that hit is important but if you ignore the mapping of the cash your going to make poor decision.

To each their own but cap hit should be all that matters to a fan.

He'll be the third highest cap hit next year.

I don't know why a fan would care about the cap anyway. Seems like a waste of energy, but I guess that's what being a fan is all about.

So how can you have a cap hit if it isn't a part of a contract?

You can't... so if anyone is being stupid it is certainly not Wayne Arnold.

His point was that judging a guys pay by a single cap hit is like judging a qb by his rating on the third drive of each game alone. Gives you some of the story but why not look at the big picture.

Weird, right? When you pick the two highest years of his cap hit and we are alread half way through one of them.

And of course those are high hits because of that amortized signing bonus that would create all that dead space since we already paid the cash.

You are correct that hit is important but if you ignore the mapping of the cash your going to make poor decision.

9th in 2019. 8th in 2020. He's not even worth that right now.

The bills never ask for too much. They typically ask for too little.

Exactly. They want Cordy's salary gone ASAP, and as the trade deadline approaches, they'll probably be willing to take a fourth rounder for him ... like they did for Marshawn.

They're probably stuck with Dareus, though, because they've made their desperation to unload his $$$ so obvious, no other NFL team will ante up a pick for him when they know he'll be available on waivers in the off season.

You have no idea of the value of things

Our OL being shaky is the single biggest problem we have going on right now......not RB....not WR.....NOT QB

Glenn manning that LT spot and Dawkins at RT solidifies that OL

This is how you see it. I am not saying you are totally wrong, however if the staff knows something we don't I will trust them.

Apparently, part of the new Bills "process" is to trade players who get injured as soon as they show they're recovered.

I guess they expressed frustration by making Glenn active and still starting Dawkins over him.

Glenn is injured :doh: He had a foot injury during the preseason, and then injured his ankle in a game.

.....why the rush to get rid of Glenn anyway?.....

The delusional Bills HC thinks that the Bills have 5 "quality" OTs on the roster, so why spend $$$ paying the most expensive one when he can be turned into another draft pick.