All Signs Pointing Toward Cordy Glenn as the Starter at LT

Again I have to ask: does anyone care that Groy has never taken a regular-season rep as a guard, and has very limited reps at the position in preseason work.

It seems like almost every year that, when asked about OL combos, coaching staffs always say they are looking to have the best 5 players comprise the OL. On top of that, McDermott (and others) emphasize that the interior line guys have to be versatile.

Groy fits the bill on both fronts - he is probably one of the top 5 and he has shown versatility. He is the guy who gets work in practice at LG when Incognito gets a rest day.

It's great that he is a strong backup for Wood but get your money's worth out of him (he's amongst the top 15 paid and is #4 highest paid on OL).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see trading a previously successful LT. they are so hard to get, I can't believe we would trade Glenn. I can see Groy getting in the line up and Dawkins at RT. Miller has lost the confidence of the coaches Nguyen staff.

We'll see.

...it's unfortunate that Glenn's injuries are primarily with his ankles, yet the guy is a behemoth........and I think he's performed well when healthy on the left side in tandem with Richie.......maybe a switch to the right side helps him to prolong his career.......Groy is a versatile swing man.....Miller is said to be struggling with zone blocking scheme, so if he is valuable and the rest of the OL is said to be functional under man blocking, why not reconsider a scheme change if it best benefits the club and existing personnel?....recent running game is in stall mode and we do not have a proficient passing game to carry the load.........

...it's unfortunate that Glenn's injuries are primarily with his ankles, yet the guy is a behemoth........and I think he's performed well when healthy on the left side in tandem with Richie.......maybe a switch to the right side helps him to prolong his career.......Groy is a versatile swing man.....Miller is said to be struggling with zone blocking scheme, so if he is valuable and the rest of the OL is said to be functional under man blocking, why not reconsider a scheme change if it best benefits the club and existing personnel?....recent running game is in stall mode and we do not have a proficient passing game to carry the load.........

I couldn't agree more going back to the Power Run game, but my guess no way Dennison's changing his scheme.

I couldn't agree more going back to the Power Run game, but my guess no way Dennison's changing his scheme.

....well, if I'm the "guy in charge" a/k/a HC and do not like what my staff has devised as their "scheme" and it's not not working, I'm up you butt......flexibility and willingness to adjust are signs of a good coach versus rigidity......I could care less about your pedigree or past successes...we're talking about what works best with the personnel we have to work with TODAY.....either McD has brass bawls to speak up or we have a muppet in charge letting the Dennison tail wag the dawg......

Complete rumor at this point but interesting.

Is this guy reliable?

Originally posted in the shoutbox by Kemp2Warlick

Strong rumor circulating that the Broncos are sniffing the Bills out for an offensive tackle...

The Broncos want to win football games ... not sometime in the future but right now. They understand the importance of having a solid LT protecting their QB even if he's only a low draft pick and likely a fill-in for their first round "franchise QB of the future" who is riding the pine. The Broncos are also the same outfit that are running the same defensive scheme (not necessarily the same defense) under their new HC and DC as last year because they've got the players, including Von Miller, who fit the old scheme.

He can, actually, be worse than Mills. Anyone else remember Cornell Green and Mansfield Wrotto?

stop with that.

jut upsets my tummy.

We could go on and on about what Buffalo has thought would suffice as and NFL caliber O- line.

Just odd how bad Bills have done with those Key players.

Even Marrone messed up what Gailey had working decently enough.

process.

waiting, hands in lap. patience is a virtue.

HomerSuspicious.gif

:beer:

just excellent work my friend.

We don't know that for sure kelly.

But we do know there is plenty of pressure to get it sorted and quickly.

No way Bills survive going as they have Offensively.

I would like to mention Old Mans rant here.

Agree. McBeanes need to correct this by now.

Trust is one thing and Direction is another.

I expect to be on alert watching that offense.

Critical thinking and looking at this Coaching staff coming off the bye. Make those adjustments , and make them work.

@PFF

Key stats and grades from the Bills win over the Bucs: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27/

T Cordy Glenn, 85.6 overall grade

The Bills offensive line was able to control the Bucs defensive line with ease for the most part, as they only allowed six total pressures on 38 passing snaps. The best player on the line was Cordy Glenn as he was able to control the pass-rush and also help open holes for the Bills running backs.

Pretty darned good. Nice to see him back in with both the running game and passing gamed getting a boost.

Glenn logs almost a full workload Sunday

Bills LT Cordy Glenn made his first start since the season opener Sunday, and though he might not be in full game shape just yet, he came awfully close to playing from wire to wire in the win over the Bucs.

Glenn logged 58 snaps on Sunday, good for 85 percent of the total play time by the offense. Dion Dawkins came in to spell him in the first and second halves. Dawkins also had to step in for Richie Incognito, who missed a series when he got cut below the knee and had to get his ankle re-taped.

Dawkins had 11 snaps on offense.

The offensive staff will obviously review Glenn’s performance, but provided he came through the game well, the veteran left tackle stands a good chance of playing the full game against Oakland this Sunday.

The price would need to be high. I do not think its a coincidence that Glenn is bank and the Bills running game improves. He is a beast in the running game. Something is bound to break with Henderson and Mcdermott.

Only if the Bills are idiots.

@salmaiorana

Should Cordy Glenn be on the trading block? #Bills should consider it given Jason Peters injury. My story

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2017/10/25/buffalo-bills-cordy-glenn-possible-trade-philadelphia-eagles-washington-redskins/798506001/

Sal needs to realize that just because we have 5 tackles on the roster, it doesn't give us leverage. He even mentions that Henderson and Mills have little or no trade value. Trading Glenn would pretty much kill any chance of competing for a playoff spot this season. Dawkins isn't ready to take his spot.

Philly is desperate but they already gave the Bills their 3rd and the Browns their 2nd so they probably wouldn't want to give up any more picks for Glenn. they have a 1st and then don't pick again until the 4th due to the Wentz and Darby trades!

Glenn is solid when healthy, which he's apparently becoming. Solid is good. And it saves having to use a high draft pick on a left tackle.

they think Dawkins is the LT which makes Glenn expendable...for the right price.

I just noticed the Broncos are going to have 2 picks in the 3rd round because of an extra comp pick so that might be a good trading partner if we could also get a player to go with the pick

they think Dawkins is the LT which makes Glenn expendable...for the right price.

I just noticed the Broncos are going to have 2 picks in the 3rd round because of an extra comp pick so that might be a good trading partner if we could also get a player to go with the pick

It's more like you think that.

Sal needs to realize that just because we have 5 tackles on the roster, it doesn't give us leverage. He even mentions that Henderson and Mills have little or no trade value. Trading Glenn would pretty much kill any chance of competing for a playoff spot this season. Dawkins isn't ready to take his spot.

I totally agree with you.

Unless it's a kings ransom, makes no sense at all to trade Glenn.

Another plan could be to evaluate the assortment of Mills/Dawkins/Henderson/ McDermott at RT, trade the loser of the competition.

yea, as long as that player we get in return is a top 10 NFL tackle, like Glenn is

I'd roll with Dawkins at RG or RT. Just because he had one bad game at LT doesn't mean he is a bad OT. If I was making the call I'd start him at RT and roll with it. He can't possibly be worse than Mills.

Quite possibly the scenario. Seattle may be particularly motivated to bolster their OL now with LG Luke Joeckel going down.

Dawkins had one bad game, it happens to rookies, he has been more good than bad at LT. I would love to see him get a shot at RT. Seems like Glenn can handle the LT duties and be highly productive. If Dawkins can be decent at RT and Glenn be what he was or close to it at LT then we might see the O-line turn things around.

Philly is desperate but they already gave the Bills their 3rd and the Browns their 2nd so they probably wouldn't want to give up any more picks for Glenn. they have a 1st and then don't pick again until the 4th due to the Wentz and Darby trades!

How has Darby been playing?