Lacanfora: Seahawks tried to trade for Glenn

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels will come off quickly if we lose to the Bucs and Taylor plays like trash in the process.

Beane and McD need to understand that in the NFL 'trusting the process' means win now or find a new job in a few years. They have the assets to immediately improve this roster, not too mention benching Taylor for Peterman to get things moving.

This act is beyond old. The topic here is about CORDY GLENN. I swear, someone could start a topic about eating ribs and you'd find a way to bring it back to your crusade, e.g "Tyrod doesn't even eat meat. You know who eats plenty of meat? Peterman, they should start him." Give it a rest.

It makes no sense to trade Cordy - unless there is a long term injury concern. He has tons of talent. We made the mistake of not paying Peters and got lucky in being able to pick Cordy in the draft where we did.

It was not mistake with Peters - the Bills had three years left and caved due to an agent in hell now.

It was not luck with Glenn - he was targeted by front office with leaks foolishly distributed by press that Bills were looking at him (like other teams) as a guard at bottom of 2nd round while information they scouted stated he would make a good tackle.

This act is beyond old. The topic here is about CORDY GLENN. I swear, someone could start a topic about eating ribs and you'd find a way to bring it back to your crusade, e.g "Tyrod doesn't even eat meat. You know who eats plenty of meat? Peterman, they should start him." Give it a rest.

It is called campaigning and is against the rules.

I really hope they don't trade Glenn. Before this current injury he has been a very reliable, and very good, LT. I know this new regime is all about availability but IIRC Glenn hardly missed a game until this foot injury. It's just unfortunate that it continued into this season.

Glad to hear thr asking price was high. I wouldn't give him up for less than a 1st (and maybe a player too, but I'm not sure how realistic that is). I'd rather just keep him though. He doesn't seem to be a problem on or off the field, or have any attitude issues etc.

Beside his relatively high cap hit (which I am ok with) I don't really see any reason why they'd want to get rid of him anyway.

Why would we not just play Glenn at RT? Im worried that pride is an issue with this staff. Seems like Mc-D would rather lose with his guys, then win with someone elses...I hope im wrong.

I have those slight concerns too. Staying positive and hope I am wrong.

The first red flag to me is Miller vs Ducasse. This would be the second.

Your post shows the limits of the ignore function. When you quote a guy I ignore, I end up seeing his posts as part of your post.

Using the ignore function not only benefits you, it's also a public service. Think about it.

There is a whole lot of stank coming off of the initial tweet, as well as the article that was linked, regarding any trade talks.

Glenn's price tag is not exactly a secret. So, how do trade talks stall over his price tag?

Are we supposed to believe that no one in the Seahawks organization has the ability to look up a contract that was filed with the NFL?

Or at least thought to look at something like RotoWorld, like any average joe could: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn

They could have stalled over the trade compensation, but the price tag? I don't think so.

oh my are you Emily Litella (Gilda Radner) ......you must be joking right??

Pricetag comment means how much assets Bills wanted in trade to move Glenn to Seahawks. NOT how much his contract salary is.

Edited by cba fan

Sureee LaCanfora. If it is true, glad to hear that the Seahawks have learned that we don't give away our best players for nuthin anymore.

What a bargain we gave them for Beast Mode smh

Not like we had a choice at that time. Lynch averaged 3.8 and 3.6 YPC in 2009 and 2010. Everyone knew he wanted out of Buffalo and it was his 4th year. Nobody was giving us anything significant for him under those circumstances.

It was not mistake with Peters - the Bills had three years left and caved due to an agent in hell now.

It was not luck with Glenn - he was targeted by front office with leaks foolishly distributed by press that Bills were looking at him (like other teams) as a guard at bottom of 2nd round while information they scouted stated he would make a good tackle.

It was absolutely a mistake with Peters. The bracketing shows he was aiming for the contract he got with Philly, which turned out to be an extremely reasonable value for Peters, who has a good shot at the hall of fame at this point.

While we ended up with three or so years of Demetrius Bell and even for a moment or two Langston Walker, a void that continually left our QBs open to thunderous surprise hits.

And what the Bills did with Glenn may have been spreading disinformation but that's par for the course.

Edited by Thurman#1

It's not farfetched to think something is up when you're highest paid offensive lineman is an emergency tackle and the HC can't commit to him starting when healthy.

Who - among guys not playing - have they committed to playing when he gets back.

"We'll see" and "The best guy will play" are their default positions.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. They haven't seen him play healthy consistently yet. Of course they aren't committing to him. The guy's played 81 snaps, 73 offensive. Of all Bills who've played that little, how many have McDermott committed to starting?

Who - among guys not playing - have they committed to playing when he gets back.

"We'll see" and "The best guy will play" are their default positions.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. They haven't seen him play healthy consistently yet. Of course they aren't committing to him. The guy's played 81 snaps, 73 offensive. Of all Bills who've played that little, how many have McDermott committed to starting?

I don't think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hole. I just think there's suspicion when asked "is he your starting LT when he's healthy" and he can't say yes. Now we have 5 tackles on the active roster?

Jordan Matthews hasn't been consistently healthy in camp or the regular season. I'm sure if McDermott is asked "Is Matthews a starting WR when he's healthy/back?" I would be a dollar that McDermott says "yes".

It is called campaigning and is against the rules.

Jason Peters' career clearly has shown it was a mistake to not keep him.

As for Cordy, my use of the word "lucky" refers to the fact that he was still there when we picked him. We may have targeted him, but there was no guaranty that someone with his talent would still be there when we picked.

Jason Peters' career clearly has shown it was a mistake to not keep him.

As for Cordy, my use of the word "lucky" refers to the fact that he was still there when we picked him. We may have targeted him, but there was no guaranty that someone with his talent would still be there when we picked.

I'm sorry. But oooof

Murph keep saying stay tuned regarding the Bills tackle situation not that he's been a very good predictor of things like that in the past.

Yeah, I think he's probably just referring to Henderson being back in the mix. If they're continuing on with this Miller/Ducasse competition, I can't see why they wouldn't challenge Mills with Henderson or Dawkins if Glenn is healthy enough to be back full time.

Yeah, I think he's probably just referring to Henderson being back in the mix. If they're continuing on with this Miller/Ducasse competition, I can't see why they wouldn't challenge Mills with Henderson or Dawkins if Glenn is healthy enough to be back full time.

+1. His "news" is likely just that Henderson has been activated to the active roster

If we can get a WR and 3rd/4th round pick for Glenn not sure how we don't pull the trigger ASAP.

Glenn is average and his better days are behind him. Time to move on and facilitate this rebuild.

We sure didn't pay him like he was average. When healthy I think he is a very good player but he can't stay on the field.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How about:

Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Dawkins, Henderson

We sure didn't pay him like he was average. When healthy I think he is a very good player but he can't stay on the field.

He's like Wood, has a handful of very good to great games per season but is average to terrible in the rest.

There is a reason why this new regime isn't committing to him just like with Dareus, they obviously want him gone and I'm totally fine with it.

Beane and McD may or may not be the answer, but sticking with one of the worst starting QB's this team has ever seen certainly don't inspire confidence.

Obviously you haven't been following the Bills much

He's like Wood, has a handful of very good to great games per season but is average to terrible in the rest.

There is a reason why this new regime isn't committing to him just like with Dareus, they obviously want him gone and I'm totally fine with it.

see this is total BS.

Glenn has been very good to excellent during his career here.

Everyone was delighted at the time when they contracted him.

This trade/ move Glenn is just proof you folks are wishy washy daily horoscope reading national enquirer subscribers.

This board is becoming an embarrassment with all the GMs making Irsay type suggestions.

Go get yourselves cleaned up and come back when your heads are clear.

Just because the guy is injured..

sheesh

Edited by 3rdand12

see this is total BS.

Glenn has been very good to excellent during his career here.

Everyone was delighted at the time when they contracted him.

This trade mobe Glenn is just proof you folks are wishy washy daily horoscope reading national enquirer subscribers.

This board is becoming an embarrassment with all the GMs making Irsay type suggestions.

Go get yourselves cleaned up and come back when your heads are clear.

Just because the guy is injured..

sheesh

teacher2.gif

Trade him for a WR & i would be happy, get something!

how about we just keep a Franchise left tackle and see it Bills can get him back to full strength?

Or we could go outback to the LT trees.See if any are ripe yet?

teacher2.gif

I have concerns.

about the fan base these days.

Maybe it's fantasy football Maybe it's global warming.

But I sure miss guys and girls who always rooted for the Buffalo laundry :wallbash:

From the REALLY not important Dept.: Guaranty is not wrong - just obsolete.

http://grammarist.com/usage/guarantee-vs-guaranty/

Guaranty is an obsolete form of the word guarantee, it is now mostly used as a noun in financial and legal documents to refer to something that is offered as security that an action will occur.

Edited by AdamK

From the REALLY not important Dept.: Guaranty is not wrong - just obsolete.

http://grammarist.com/usage/guarantee-vs-guaranty/

Guaranty is an obsolete form of the word guarantee, it is now mostly used as a noun in financial and legal documents to refer to something that is offered as security that an action will occur.

As its says, it is used as a noun - which is the way I used it. I also am an attorney and, as your reference states, it is used in legal documents.

Hardly an oooof.