Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Seeing how we need help at WR. Would you guys be OK with spitting Taylor out as a slot WR and letting Petterman go under center? We could throw in a ton of wild cat plays as well with Tyrod lined up at RB.

I think we should just put Peterman out there by himself. He could play all eleven spots at once. He could block and run on running plays. He could pass protect, run routes, and throw the ball to himself on passes. Just think of all the cap room wed create.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should just put Peterman out there by himself. He could play all eleven spots at once. He could block and run on running plays. He could pass protect, run routes, and throw the ball to himself on passes. Just think of all the cap room wed create.

Right, I like it!

We could then trade all our Offensive players for DRAFT PICKS!

Seeing how we need help at WR. Would you guys be OK with spitting Taylor out as a slot WR and letting Petterman go under center? We could throw in a ton of wild cat plays as well with Tyrod lined up at RB.

I don't care what they do if it helps them win football games.

How can you limit Peterman to offense alone?

Surely he outclasses everyone else on defense and special teams as well.

I saw a play I think in a college game last week that would be sweet for us to run.

The QB pitched the ball to a RB on a sweep. The QB stopped and watched. Then, snuck outside and the RB threw it back to him. Some offensive lineman got out front of him. Like a QB screen.

I could see that working really well for us.

He had negative yards because he took a few sacks. Its tough to sustain a drive of run run pass receiver drops ball punt. Or run penalty pass receiver drops ball run punt.

Sure Taylor missed a pass or two the first half. Sure Taylor took a couple sacks. Are all those sacks his fault? I don't know because I don't have access to watch the game anymore and frankly its not worth my time. The poster is crediting Tyrod for all the problems on offense in the first half. That's not right.

a couple sacks? Last Sunday?

Sacks-Yards Lost 6-27 yds

A couple is 2, a few is 3. 6 is more than a few.

just an observation

it seems like the most vocal against Nate seem to be the bigger Typical Taylor fans.

Narrative Buster
Nate Geary discusses why he thinks Tyrod Taylor should remain the Bills starting quarterback.

Overreaction Monday turned into overreaction Tuesday and now it’s Wednesday and I feel the need to at least extinguish one narrative about Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills' offense heading into the bye week.

Everybody knows the saying about excuses; they stink. I’m not here to defend Taylor or make excuses for his lack of stellar play to start the season, but I think as a fan base, Bills fans have been far too critical of Taylor through five weeks. I think they’ve also been far too critical of offensive coordinator, Rick Dennison. I believe there are a lot of angry fans that, quite frankly, don’t watch enough to see what’s really going on.

Let me explain what I’m talking about a little further:

Narrative Buster

Overreaction Monday turned into overreaction Tuesday and now it’s Wednesday and I feel the need to at least extinguish one narrative about Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills' offense heading into the bye week.

Everybody knows the saying about excuses; they stink. I’m not here to defend Taylor or make excuses for his lack of stellar play to start the season, but I think as a fan base, Bills fans have been far too critical of Taylor through five weeks. I think they’ve also been far too critical of offensive coordinator, Rick Dennison. I believe there are a lot of angry fans that, quite frankly, don’t watch enough to see what’s really going on.

Let me explain what I’m talking about a little further:

Geary is wrong (again), specifically about this...

One of the main reasons Taylor remains the starter and will likely remain the starter for the rest of the season is because with how miserable the Bills have been in pass protection. Taylor, at times, has covered up a lot of their mistakes with his athleticism and ability to make plays outside the scope of the offense. That improvisation doesn’t entirely get thrown out the window with Peterman, but its effectiveness is greatly reduced.

The pass protection is fine. 7th in the NFL according to PFF. Taylor gets plenty of time to throw. He just doesn't. It would be amazing the improvement we'd see in the OLine with a quarterback who made quick decisions.

Not saying Peterman is that guy but if things don't improve these next three games then we'll certainly find out.

Geary is wrong (again), specifically about this...

One of the main reasons Taylor remains the starter and will likely remain the starter for the rest of the season is because with how miserable the Bills have been in pass protection. Taylor, at times, has covered up a lot of their mistakes with his athleticism and ability to make plays outside the scope of the offense. That improvisation doesn’t entirely get thrown out the window with Peterman, but its effectiveness is greatly reduced.

The pass protection is fine. 7th in the NFL according to PFF. Taylor gets plenty of time to throw. He just doesn't. It would be amazing the improvement we'd see in the OLine with a quarterback who made quick decisions.

Not saying Peterman is that guy but if things don't improve these next three games then we'll certainly find out.

Taylor absolutely does cover up for the OL's inability to provide adequate time to throw, while in some other instances Tyrod holds the ball too long. Both things are true beyond the biased agenda of posters like you.

a couple sacks? Last Sunday?

Sacks-Yards Lost 6-27 yds

A couple is 2, a few is 3. 6 is more than a few.

just an observation

it seems like the most vocal against Nate seem to be the bigger Typical Taylor fans.

Not the game in discussion.

I'm also not against Nate. I want the coaches to put in what they feel is the best chance to win. I couldn't care less about a name on a jersey. I just want them to win football games.

Taylor absolutely does cover up for the OL's inability to provide adequate time to throw, while in some other instances Tyrod holds the ball too long. Both things are true beyond the biased agenda of posters like you.

Right and it's also funny that when PFF post good stuff in Tyrod advanced stats are crap. When they post good stuff about the Oline PFF says this so it must be true.

Edited by Scott7975

Teams go straight man to man. play 9 in the box and Buffalo can't move the ball past mid field. Say what you want but Taylor helps the offense and his presence alone limits what a defense will do.

Edited by Mat68

Not the game in discussion.

I'm also not against Nate. I want the coaches to put in what they feel is the best chance to win. I couldn't care less about a name on a jersey. I just want them to win football games.

Right and it's also funny that when PFF post good stuff in Tyrod advanced stats are crap. When they post good stuff about the Oline PFF says this so it must be true.

Adopt whatever furthers the anti-Tyrod narrative and ignore any evidence whether visual or statistical to the contrary.

Spare me the "agenda" garbage. Once in a while Taylor can get out of a sack no other quarterback can. But we're more likely to see Taylor sacked because he held the ball too long than we are to see Taylor contort his body and use his athleticism to avoid a sack.

Spare me the "agenda" garbage. Once in a while Taylor can get out of a sack no other quarterback can. But we're more likely to see Taylor sacked because he held the ball too long than we are to see Taylor contort his body and use his athleticism to avoid a sack.

Based on your recall or do you have numbers to back this up?

Well just last game alone he was sacked six times. Did he have six amazing plays where he avoided a sack that no one else could avoid?

We know the Bengals' game was a bad performance, but one game does not tell the story for the entire season. Where's the statistical evidence to back up your general assertion?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We know the Bengals' game was a bad performance, but one game does not tell the story for the entire season. Where's the statistical evidence to back up your general assertion?

Are you just being difficult on purpose? Youve watched the games the last few years right? Do you really need a stat to tell you what you should already know?

It's a hypothesis that's very easy to come to if you watch the games. Perhaps you should provide statistical evidence to refute it.

We are one hit away from Peterman playing.

There is no indication that it will be the start of any era.

What is sad is many will be thinking the same thing wanting Tyrod to get hurt and that's not good, I never wish a player to get hurt, well unless it's Brady of course.haha Edited by xRUSHx

@BuffRumblings

Our @YardsPerPass makes the case to the #Bills to start Nathan Peterman. Click it and read.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/10/12/16464060/analysis-buffalo-bills-start-nathan-peterman-bench-tyrod-taylor-west-coast-offense-rick-dennison

Nate Geary wrote an excellent article for WGR 550 about why Tyrod Taylor should remain the starter for the Buffalo Bills and for the most part I do agree with it. I think Taylor should remain the starter, so please remember that while reading I understand this is a very one-sided piece. Then I started thinking about the offense in general. Would it be more successful with Peterman at quarterback? Which led me to channel my inner hot-takes and make the case for Nate Peterman at quarterback.

@JoeBuscaglia

Is Tyrod Taylor good enough to get the #Bills to the playoffs? Full analysis, plus I think I nailed how we got here: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-buffalo-bills-questions-for-the-bye-2-can-tyrod-taylor-lead-the-bills-to-the-playoffs-in-2017-

If you’re clamoring for Nathan Peterman to replace Tyrod Taylor anytime soon? You’re going to have to deal with it, because that’s not happening as long as the playoffs are alive in their minds, and as long as Taylor continues ‘the constant’ of his play.

Like it or not Taylor gives the Bills the best chance to win this season, and that is clearly not going to be something that head coach Sean McDermott sacrifices as the Bills continue on in 2017. He wants to give it his best shot at making the playoffs this year with the players that they have, to help establish an identity within the locker room down the road, and as to not punt on the season completely which could allow for some bad habits to form within the organization.

While Peterman is the shiny new toy, his weaknesses are more desirable to some because we just don’t know them yet. Or, fans are eager to see what they have in him before the 2018 NFL Draft, to try and decide how aggressive the team should be to find one in April.

However, Peterman really wasn’t extraordinary during the preseason and didn’t show enough to be trusted so early in his NFL career -- at least not by my eyes.