Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

3 Years, 3 different OCs and numerous different WRs and Taylor has had these same issues throwing the ball the whole time. It aint getting better.

To think Peterman wont struggle is ridiculous, but to think he cant offer a spark in this ****ty passing game is ridiculous also.

I honestly dont care who starts at this point, just sick of reading all these !@#$ing excuses for Taylor. Hes in his 7th year and 3rd as a starter, all the flaws that were pointed out early in his first year with Buffslo have not improved at all. We have surpassed my expectations for this season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the way the offense is playing,

Edited by BananaB

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Years, 3 different OCs and numerous different WRs and Taylor has had these same issues throwing the ball the whole time. It aint getting better.

To think Peterman wont struggle is ridiculous, but to think he cant offer a spark in this ****ty passing game is ridiculous also.

I honestly dont care who starts at this point, just sick of reading all these !@#$ing excuses for Taylor. Hes in his 7th year and 3rd as a starter, all the flaws that were pointed out early in his first year with Buffslo have not improved at all. We have surpassed my expectations for this season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the way the offense is playing,

Tyrod was a QB with limitations coming into the season as he is now. The only thing that has changed is his surrounding cast that has gotten worse due to trade and injury. To say the offense played no hand in the three wins is ridiculous just as it would be to say the unit had nothing to do with the two losses.

While I don't think that now is the time for change, the O.P. does have a point. I expected going into the season that this team would be 1-4 going into the BYE week with a win versus only the Jets. They're 3-2 and tied for the AFC East lead, so there's pretty much zero chance that they punt on Taylor at this point. With that said, I think the next 5 games will be extremely telling. While they'll get to see 3 of the worst run defenses in the league in the Raiders, Jets and Chargers, i think teams will learn from what happened this week and just not allow the Bills to run the football. Taylor has to THROW the running game open. If he doesn't, I predict that this team will be 0.500 at best after the Chargers game and at that point, out of the race for the AFC East. If that is the case, I will absolutely want to see what we have in Peterman. This team cannot afford to go into the offseason with two first round draft picks and not have a clue as to whether Peterman is just a preseason / camp warrior or potentially the guy of the future. I have zero confidence at this point that Taylor will be on this team next year.

Tyrod was a QB with limitations coming into the season as he is now. The only thing that has changed is his surrounding cast that has gotten worse due to trade and injury. To say the offense played no hand in the three wins is ridiculous just as it would be to say the unit had nothing to do with the two losses.

While I agree with this, TT has showed that the cant be relied on consistently. We were +3 in turnover differential going into that last drive, not to mention a good punt return with a penalty tacked on to the end of it to give us good field position, and we still only put up 16 pts.

Yes TT has not changed, but this tells me/reaffirms two things. 1. We need to draft a QB high next year. 2. Either we roll with status quo and try and eke into the playoffs, or go with the unknown quantity which has boom or bust potential.

While I don't think that now is the time for change, the O.P. does have a point. I expected going into the season that this team would be 1-4 going into the BYE week with a win versus only the Jets. They're 3-2 and tied for the AFC East lead, so there's pretty much zero chance that they punt on Taylor at this point. With that said, I think the next 5 games will be extremely telling. While they'll get to see 3 of the worst run defenses in the league in the Raiders, Jets and Chargers, i think teams will learn from what happened this week and just not allow the Bills to run the football. Taylor has to THROW the running game open. If he doesn't, I predict that this team will be 0.500 at best after the Chargers game and at that point, out of the race for the AFC East. If that is the case, I will absolutely want to see what we have in Peterman. This team cannot afford to go into the offseason with two first round draft picks and not have a clue as to whether Peterman is just a preseason / camp warrior or potentially the guy of the future. I have zero confidence at this point that Taylor will be on this team next year.

Good post, but to add on to another reason why they wont make the change now, is I think McD would lose the locker room if he made a change now.

How did the offense move the ball in weeks 3 and 4 in the Denver and Atlanta games? It certainly wasn't the run game. The primary difference yesterday was no Clay and Matthews.

IMHO, the Bills have to pick a QB high in next year's draft no matter how Peterman plays, if he plays at all. I dont believe in sacrificing a season to evaluate a 5th round QB who doesnt have a strong supporting cast around him. We won against Denver and the Falcons playing mistake free on Offense and solid Defense. COnsidering the team that we have right now, that is the only way we can win. Putting Peterman in risks the 'mistake-free' part big time.

IMHO, the Bills have to pick a QB high in next year's draft no matter how Peterman plays, if he plays at all. I dont believe in sacrificing a season to evaluate a 5th round QB who doesnt have a strong supporting cast around him. We won against Denver and the Falcons playing mistake free on Offense and solid Defense. COnsidering the team that we have right now, that is the only way we can win. Putting Peterman in risks the 'mistake-free' part big time.

That makes a lot of sense. Need to get healthy at WR and TE, we have no depth on this team to weather the injury bug.

Good post.

Good post. Things could get really really ugly if you start a rookie QB with a weak(ish) arm and serious lack of WRs (especially any experienced ones to bail him out). I am no TT fan for sure but do recognize that he needs to be the starter for now.

How ugly do you think it will be at the stadium if Tyrod plays this next game like his last game? I can hear them screaming his name. Ugly? Ugly is when fans start chanting to want change at the stadium that's when it gets real ugly. This new staff hasn't seen the ugly, sadly it could be right around the corner. Hope he does well but I'm so sick of wishing for a miracle that never happens on this 3 year Tyrod experiment.

Teams that are leading their division do not change starting QBs

Actually the Cowboys did it back in 2006 when they were 3-2 and tied for the division lead similar to how we are now with the Jets and Patriots. They benched Bledsoe for Romo and never looked back and went on to make the playoffs that year and should have won their 1st round game against the Seahawks if not for an epic blunder at the end of the game.

I'm sure there are other examples too but that one is the most memorable to me because of Bledsoe being on the Bills a few years earlier before we dumped him for Losman of all people.

Let's look at his first two years, shall we?

Taylor's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods playing

• 63.6% comp.
  • 8.25 ypa.
  • 27 TD passes. 6 int

Taylor's stats in the 14 games without Sammy Watkins and/or Robert Woods

• 61.5%
  • 6.55 ypa
  • 10 tds, 6 ints

Funny thing, huh? You give him a legitimate Number One & Two receiver to throw to and all those "issues" and "flaws" suddenly don't seem to amount to much. Imagine that. Just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL (Brady & Rodgers possibly excepted), Taylor needs someone to actually throw to. Hell, this season he's played pretty good even without anything close to a legitimate 1&2, making due with his TE. And Clay was on the way to another plus-100 yard day before he went down.

Did you watch the kid play in preseason? Tyrod is the starter because of his contract and his seasoned veteran status, sadly it's not enough for him to play bigger then a backup.

He moved the team down the field very well, he made some really nice anticipated throws. He easily outplayed Tyrod in the preseason, easily in my opinion. He is a better fit for this system then Tyrod is.

That's hogwash. Dareus has the biggest contract on the Bills and has the least amount of per game snaps on defense. Believe some BS scenario you dreamed up in your head if you want to but coaches will put in the best player. They have a job to keep and they aren't going to hinder their team over who had a bigger contract.

If the coaches feel Peterman gives them a better chance to win then they will put him in regardless of contracts. It's that simple.

Edited by Scott7975

I like Peterman, but OP must be young. If you have not seen the likes of Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh and countless others, you may not have a full appreciation of just how bad it could be. I do trust this admin to know if there is a point where it is likely Peterman can give us a better chance than TT. I don't think that is likely this year, but these guys should know if he is ready.

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, "Tyrod is worse than all other QBs." Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week. Edited by yungmack

Actually the Cowboys did it back in 2006 when they were 3-2 and tied for the division lead similar to how we are now with the Jets and Patriots. They benched Bledsoe for Romo and never looked back and went on to make the playoffs that year and should have won their 1st round game against the Seahawks if not for an epic blunder at the end of the game.

I'm sure there are other examples too but that one is the most memorable to me because of Bledsoe being on the Bills a few years earlier before we dumped him for Losman of all people.

. You're sure there are other examples but can't name any. Right.

How about way worse. Like much worse.

Like mind numbingly terrible and worse.

Tyrod didn't have his best game today - everyone will pile on

NOT!!!

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, Tyrod is worse than all other QBs. " Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week.

TYrod is horrible... The Bills are going to draft a QB in 2018. End of story.

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, Tyrod is worse than all other QBs. " Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week.

I watch a lot of football both pro and college, not just the Bills.

I also have various contacts in the scouting world from previous work I did years ago working in the Pac 10. And while some of them don't necessarily believe Taylor is terrible and the Bills can do worse (we have), the consensus is that he's a finished product who has glaring flaws that are exposed when he's asked to pass the football more than 20 times a game regardless of the talent around him. In other words he's a solid back up and extreme game manager and that's why he was drafted where he was and rode the bench in Baltimore. And that's exactly what myself and many other fans and media see as well. These same folks also believe that this is Taylor's last season in Buffalo anyway which is why it doesn't make sense to stick with him the entire season if Peterman might be able to provide a spark and change things up.

Sure Peterman might not be the answer either but we know 100% Taylor isn't and that's the bottom line.

How ugly do you think it will be at the stadium if Tyrod plays this next game like his last game? I can hear them screaming his name. Ugly? Ugly is when fans start chanting to want change at the stadium that's when it gets real ugly. This new staff hasn't seen the ugly, sadly it could be right around the corner. Hope he does well but I'm so sick of wishing for a miracle that never happens on this 3 year Tyrod experiment.

I'm wondering how much longer the D is going to be showing up if they keep getting nothing from the O and QB position?

@ the Chargers, Nov.19. Do it then. Ill be there!

Quick edit: I was at The Murph when Flutie took over too. Playoffs....guaranteed!

So was I. And they lost. My then 7 year old grandson was sobbing, "The Bills always lose." Boy, was he prescient.

I'm wondering how much longer the D is going to be showing up if they keep getting nothing from the O and QB position?

Just like in years past they'll start to fade soon because a lot of what they are doing right now too is smoke and mirrors (i.e. give up tons of yards, tighten up in redzone and create turnovers when possible).

And trust me when it happens things will get real ugly and a lot of blowouts will be coming especially with the Chiefs, Pats x2 ,etc on the back end of the schedule.

But honestly if any of these veterans are serious about trying to win games going forward I guarantee they are also lobbying for a QB change behind the scenes.

That's hogwash. Dareus has the biggest contract on the Bills and has the least amount of per game snaps on defense. Believe some BS scenario you dreamed up in your head if you want to but coaches will put in the best player. They have a job to keep and they aren't going to hinder their team over who had a bigger contract.

If the coaches feel Peterman gives them a better chance to win then they will put him in regardless of contracts. It's that simple.

I don't agree. I think since Tyrod is getting paid bigger money he gets the position by default, QB position is different then DL. MD has plenty of issues and is on his last leg but still can be rotated in unlike with QB that if your the starter you play the entire game no rotations.

With Tyrod they will conitnue to make excuses like they did with Fitz because with a QB it's easier to spread the excuses around. They think Tyrods veteran experience will bail him out, sadly he isn't playing like a veteran starter but a veteran backup. A HC has to have the balls to make the change and so far nothing but excuses and another game with Tyrod as the starter, just like the good old Chan days. McD likes to talk about how he is different how they will play who performs, sadly with Tyrod he is just like all the other HCs of years past. QB position is different, live or die by the QB. Sadly we might lose our OC over pushing that square peg. Just my opinion on it.

Edited by xRUSHx

I watch a lot of football both pro and college, not just the Bills.

I also have various contacts in the scouting world from previous work I did years ago working in the Pac 10. And while some of them don't necessarily believe Taylor is terrible and the Bills can do worse (we have), the consensus is that he's a finished product who has glaring flaws that are exposed when he's asked to pass the football more than 20 times a game regardless of the talent around him. In other words he's a solid back up and extreme game manager and that's why he was drafted where he was and rode the bench in Baltimore. And that's exactly what myself and many other fans and media see as well. These same folks also believe that this is Taylor's last season in Buffalo anyway which is why it doesn't make sense to stick with him the entire season if Peterman might be able to provide a spark and change things up.

Sure Peterman might not be the answer either but we know 100% Taylor isn't and that's the bottom line.

Based on your previous posts, please forgive me if I doubt the veracity of your self-proclaimed bona fides.

It's very simple. If you have any desire to see Peterman succeed in the NFL, you definitely do no want him on the field with this offense as it currently stands. Forget "game breaking play makers", we currently don't even have a possession receiver to simply move the chains, let alone a big play threat. Why would you want to throw a rookie QB to the wolves with zero weapons?

Shady isn't really the home threat he was last year, idk if he is still adjusting to the zone blocking, but the rook won't even have a reliable ground game to fall back on, or a safety net at TE...

Anybody blaming Taylor seriously just has a vendetta against the man, and that's between you and him. But the current deficiencies on offense absolutely do NOT fall on Taylor's shoulders... He missed one big throw yesterday, and yes it COULD have been the difference in the game (Logan Thomas for a TD), but A-it was a difficult throw off his back foot without being set due to pressure and B- Even Matt Ryan missed throws last week so, it's just a part of the game.

Taylor is not the problem, he never has been. Everybody wants Rodgers, or Brady, but even those GOATS are surrounded by some elite talent. Even Fitz had Stevie Johnson in his prime and a sound running game. The only group of WR that MIGHT be worse than the current Buffalo Bills is the Giants, and thats because FOUR were hurt in one game, and if they even just get Marshall and Sheppard back, they are still light years ahead of what we have to deal with here in Buffalo.

Starting to think this is a case of "Major League" where the team wasn't suppose to be winning right now, and has surpassed everybody's expectations, but given the GROSS lack of depth, I think the fun is over. With the amount of touches Shady gets, its only a matter of time until he gets at least a little banged up and misses some time... at which point our lead back will be Mike Tolbert- The incredibly poor man's Jerome Bettis (if you are to be optimistic about it.).

Point is, Peterman would be a disaster right now, not just in the W/L column, but for his best interests in his long term development. I'm all about getting young QBs on the field sooner, rather than later, but not if they are CLEARLY being set up to fail and have ZERO legitimate weapons in the passing game.

Taylor has been set up to fail, and he was doing what any good QB would do in his shoes- Game managing a group of misfits to a winning record, and not committing turnovers... The same thing this Alex Smith guy has been doing for years. They blew 2 firsts on a rookie QB they obviously did not need, all Smith, like Taylor, needed was a supporting cast of dynamic players - Hunt, Hill and Kelce. Where are Taylor's? Shady, and.........

There is NO Quarterback that would put up big passing numbers with the current group of skill players this team has... NONE, including Rodgers & Brady. The current "#1 WR" LITERALLY can not hold on to the football, and the #2 WR everybody was clamoring to be cut in training camp so we could grab an extra, late 3rd rounder. Then we have essentially a couple returners in Tate and Kaelin Clay. Taylor was using his ONLY weapon for as long as the guy's knee would stay together. But sure, maybe Nate Peterman is the answer.

Edited by ThunderGun

Just like in years past they'll start to fade soon because a lot of what they are doing right now too is smoke and mirrors (i.e. give up tons of yards, tighten up in redzone and create turnovers when possible).

And trust me when it happens things will get real ugly and a lot of blowouts will be coming especially with the Chiefs, Pats x2 ,etc on the back end of the schedule.

But honestly if any of these veterans are serious about trying to win games going forward I guarantee they are also lobbying for a QB change behind the scenes.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think the best long term interest for the Bills is to keep starting Taylor...

1. Peterman is simply not set up for success because of the injury situation. You just don't do that to a rookie QB.

2. Taylor starting is the surest way to get the highest pick possible in the 2018 draft.

3. Peterman can start when they get Clay and Matthews back, and Zay Jones has settled in and has become a real threat at WR.

4. Anyone still holding onto Taylor being a viable long term option is lost.

Edited by 1billsfan

I don't agree. I think since Tyrod is getting paid bigger money he gets the position by default, QB position is different then DL. MD has plenty of issues and is on his last leg but still can be rotated in unlike with QB that if your the starter you play the entire game no rotations.

With Tyrod they will conitnue to make excuses like they did with Fitz because with a QB it's easier to spread the excuses around. They think Tyrods veteran experience will bail him out, sadly he isn't playing like a veteran starter but a veteran backup. A HC has to have the balls to make the change and so far nothing but excuses and another game with Tyrod as the starter, just like the good old Chan days. McD likes to talk about how he is different how they will play who performs, sadly with Tyrod he is just like all the other HCs of years past. QB position is different, live or die by the QB. Sadly we might lose our OC over pushing that square peg. Just my opinion on it.

Nice post man

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think the best long term interest for the Bills is to keep starting Taylor...

1. Peterman is simply not set up for success because of the injury situation. You just don't do that to a rookie QB.

2. Taylor starting is the surest way to get the highest pick possible in the 2018 draft.

3. Peterman can start when they get Clay and Matthews back, and Zay Jones has settled in and has become a real threat at WR.

4. Anyone still holding onto Taylor being a viable long term option is lost.

Points two and three make no sense at all. No one I have seen thinks point four is the case. Peterman only starts if the Bills fall out of contention.

Tyrod is the bridge to the next QB. Both the coaching staff and FO have to know this. Now is not the time to put in Peterman with no talent at the skill positions. You are setting him up for failure before he can even get started. Tyrod should be the starter unless he gets injured or the season is over and the playoffs is out of reach. If the coaching staff feels like Peterman is ready then you put him in and get some film on tape for next year.

Also, if you start Peterman coming out of the bye the veterans on this team will know that you are throwing up the white flag on this season. Veterans on this team still support Tyrod and know he gives them the best chance to win. It would be like when Losman came in and was named the starter without earning it. The team didn't respect the decision and he could never recover and win their respect.

Peterman needs to keep preparing and be ready when his chance comes in the event Tyrod gets hurt similar to what Brady did when Bledsoe got hurt. He got his chance and never gave starter job back.

Edited by billieve420

Bears are playing tonight with a rookie QB on Monday night football.

Worse WR's

Worse O-line

Worse overall offensive talent

Tyrod Taylor > Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky > Nathan Peterman Bills at 3-2 > Bears at 1-3

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't go to the kid til we're out of it. Team still believes in Tyrod, and as long as you're in it he's probably the guy.

When we Win games , ( this is what we always hear ) the defense played Great / ST 2 long field goals, TT not a great game But did not turn the ball over and made ENOUGH plays for us to win,

In over 2 years how many games did he actually played WELL and was the REASON we won ? Like the Seattle game I know we lost that game but he played Well ,

You're not getting your wish dude.

It could easily get worse.

We've got a +15 point differential.

We're in every single game. Like it or not, a big part of that is the fact that we aren't turning the ball over.

That matters a lot more than some apparently realize.

Teams like the Cardinals and Giants are losing essentially because they're QBs are giving games away.

Pittsburgh did it yesterday.

That's not a statement from me that Taylor is better than any of those quarterbacks. It is me saying that we clearly have a certain approach to winning football games. Mcdermott pretty much has it set in stone and it involves the Defense carrying the football team with a game manager at QB.

And we are winning.

I would say try enjoying the ride, but given your username that clearly won't happen at all ever. Peterman very likely will never be the Buffalo Bills starting QB and almost certainly not our Franchise QB.

See you when you change your username. 0:)

Bears are playing tonight with a rookie QB on Monday night football.

Worse WR's

Worse O-line

Worse overall offensive talent

Worse WRs!?!?!

WTF?!?!

This is an idiotic post.

Kendall Wright & Deonte Thompson (319 career catches prior to 2017) >>>>>>> Kaelin Clay & Zay Jones (ZERO career receptions prior to 2017)

I get that you're probably just a Troll, but this post is pitiful. :doh: