Tyrod is terrible

PinOak

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a TT loss. Plain and simple. Inability to execute the offense and 6 pts off 3 turnovers should not won't spell the end of the TT experiment. this wasn't a bad game by TT, it was an affirmation for this staff of the limitations they've seen on film the last two seasons.

The BBMB used to be too after a loss. Always made me wonder why they watched in the first place. You win some you, lose some, people need to recognize that.

and these folks that come here with these hot takes wonder why the garbage in the other places got to be so bad...

now they're here to stink up our place.

It isnt just Taylor. The whole offense is terrible. It is too conservative with no talent catching the ball or behind McCoy. The Oline cannot protect Taylor on a regular basis and they have trouble opening holes in the run game. I watch other teams and QB;s have pockets to throw from and complete passes to no name players. The Bengals Oline is nothing special but didnt give up sacks. The Bengals have a good defense but were missing two starting CB's. I think everyone on here knew the Bills would get into a situation where the defense had a let down and the offense isnt good enough to score touchdowns.

He is who he is

High % around 200 yards a game a couple sacks a nice run here and there and low turnover numbers

If your team is stacked he might get you a playoff berth but you aren't winning it all with a guy who cannot pass consistently

Edited by TheFunPolice

and these folks that come here with these hot takes wonder why the garbage in the other places got to be so bad...

now they're here to stink up our place.

I like this place (most days). In 5+ years on the BBMB I didn't have half the posts I do here in just a few months. It is just the crazy after a loss that bothers me (and I would not doubt it came from the people who came over from the old site. I wish there was an answer.)

On that last drive, he took a sack after great pass protection and not seeing the open WR on the hook route! He has guys to throw to, has open people he doesn't see, or simply overthrows his target far too often.

When that doesn't happen, QB's get yards added to their stats. People say "yards don't matter," but they ignore that the yards are a result of competent QB play!

Think about that drive one more time, we know we NEED to get a 1st down with the game on the line. Tyrod takes an unecessary sack, ok...so obviously the next play is crucial to be successful. What does he do? Dump pass to the RB who's behind the line of scrimmage........ -_- Guys, that is not ok with the game on the line!

No urgency whatsoever! Whether the pick happened or not, you could clearly see where that drive was going - nowhere. The entire second half we only had drives extended via penalties from the Bengals! Late in the 4th we had only managed 34 yards at one point! After an amazing kick return + a personal foul penalty tacked on, we go backwards a couple plays, followed by a dump pass. We had every opportunity to score, but nope. We botched 100% of our offensive possessions.

Even if we manage a winning record this season, it's clearly in spite of our offense. Stop ignoring pertinent data, relevant statistics, and what you see with your own eyes just because of our W/L record. Coaches don't! They point out the areas they need to improve, they see the flaws and try to address them. The fans however latch on to a single player and blindly ride into battle to defend them no matter what.

Doesn't matter who that QB is, they will always have their loyal supporters who blame everyone else. We've seen it with EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassell, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Tuel, hell...even Brian Brohm! We as fans should definitely be supportive of our team and each other, but there's no reason to lie about these guys. Failing to address their issues makes no sense.

Not sure Peterman is ready, but the lack of offensive production has been mainly due to TT. Those last few plays were some of the worst we've seen from him.

Of course, missing Clay sucked. Dropped passes and holding penalties didn't help.

But the open passes that are left on the field are all on Taylor and would've made a big difference today. He's gotta get the ball out to those open WRs.

losing Clay, on top of no Matthews, put TT in an incredibly bad spot. Logan penalty on Shady's long run was a killer. Clay doesn't do that. I am still good with these guys. They could have easily won this game down a half dozen starters. I like 'em. Go get healthy everyone and see you in two.

The whole you win some and lose some rhetoric is weak and old at this point. Thats what you tell children who dont know any better.

?? You tell them that you cannot win every game. That is what children should be learning. Temper tantrums do not solve anything. There are ups and down in sports. Unfortunately, the Bills have been on the downside for a long time.

?? You tell them that you cannot win every game. That is what children should be learning. Temper tantrums do not solve anything. There are ups and down in sports. Unfortunately, the Bills have been on the downside for a long time.

Lets never be critical of anything then. Cant win em all. The offense sucks? Dont worry guys we cant win em all. Its nonsense. Edited by Bangarang

This is a TT loss. Plain and simple. Inability to execute the offense and 6 pts off 3 turnovers should not won't spell the end of the TT experiment. this wasn't a bad game by TT, it was an affirmation for this staff of the limitations they've seen on film the last two seasons.

Fair assessment. Dennison's vanilla play calling in the second half didn't do the offense any favors (where was the moving pocket?), but more likely reflects the lack of options in TT's route tree...

On that last drive, he took a sack after great pass protection and not seeing the open WR on the hook route! He has guys to throw to, has open people he doesn't see, or simply overthrows his target far too often.

When that doesn't happen, QB's get yards added to their stats. People say "yards don't matter," but they ignore that the yards are a result of competent QB play!

Think about that drive one more time, we know we NEED to get a 1st down with the game on the line. Tyrod takes an unecessary sack, ok...so obviously the next play is crucial to be successful. What does he do? Dump pass to the RB who's behind the line of scrimmage........ -_- Guys, that is not ok with the game on the line!

No urgency whatsoever! Whether the pick happened or not, you could clearly see where that drive was going - nowhere. The entire second half we only had drives extended via penalties from the Bengals! Late in the 4th we had only managed 34 yards at one point! After an amazing kick return + a personal foul penalty tacked on, we go backwards a couple plays, followed by a dump pass. We had every opportunity to score, but nope. We botched 100% of our offensive possessions.

Even if we manage a winning record this season, it's clearly in spite of our offense. Stop ignoring pertinent data, relevant statistics, and what you see with your own eyes just because of our W/L record. Coaches don't! They point out the areas they need to improve, they see the flaws and try to address them. The fans however latch on to a single player and blindly ride into battle to defend them no matter what.

Doesn't matter who that QB is, they will always have their loyal supporters who blame everyone else. We've seen it with EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassell, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Tuel, hell...even Brian Brohm! We as fans should definitely be supportive of our team and each other, but there's no reason to lie about these guys. Failing to address their issues makes no sense.

Taylor knew the game was over, he threw that completion to Shady because he was just working on his QBR.

He is who he is

High % around 200 yards a game a couple sacks a nice run here and there and low turnover numbers

If your team is stacked he might get you a playoff berth but you aren't winning it all with a guy who cannot pass consistently

Watch out, the Kool Aid Krowd will label you a low information troll if you keep posting like this.

Never mind the fact that probably half the board agrees with you, if not more.

Sigh. Can a message board be diagnosed as bipolar schizophrenic? Because I really think this place needs a prescription.

In what way is it bipolar?

There is a contingent here who has always said Tyrod is a weakness who needs to be replaced.

Then there is a group who think he is just fine.

What's bipolar?