Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't see that he's earned $12M-$15M a year sort of contract. At this stage after your Rookie contract it should be based on what you've done not based on potential.

I'm sure some team would pay around $12M a year sort of contract based off of his pedigree, but no one in their right mind can make an argument based off of his achievements that he's earned anything near $15M a year.

....possible correction.........

"I'm sure some team would OVERpay around $12M a year..."

Yeah, I don't see that he's earned $12M-$15M a year sort of contract. At this stage after your Rookie contract it should be based on what you've done not based on potential.

I'm sure some team would pay around $12M a year sort of contract based off of his pedigree, but no one in their right mind can make an argument based off of his achievements that he's earned anything near $15M a year.

I said it here before but this is the exact same situation as Jason Peters. They had an extraordinary talent that had smallish issues on and off the field but one of the best players in the league at his position. The Bills only wanted to pay him 9m when the going rate was 10m and he rightfully wanted 10. The Eagles were willing to give up a #1 pick and more AND pay him the 10m. And he has been a perrienial All Pro and the best overall in the league since then at that position.

I said it here before but this is the exact same situation as Jason Peters. They had an extraordinary talent that had smallish issues on and off the field but one of the best players in the league at his position. The Bills only wanted to pay him 9m when the going rate was 10m and he rightfully wanted 10. The Eagles were willing to give up a #1 pick and more AND pay him the 10m. And he has been a perrienial All Pro and the best overall in the league since then at that position.

Your memory may be better than mine, but I seem to remember Peters playing good consistent football for the Bills prior to losing him in FA. Watkins has not been able to do that.

Edited by Magox

...probably could add Marshawn to that mix......but for every Jason and Marshawn, there is a Jarius Byrd+ out there in OBD lore......

seriously guys? As if McCoy wouldn't be saying the same thing if he didn't get his touches?

First, McCoy earns touches a lot more than does Watkins.

Second, from Billsdaily's summar of Coach McDermott's press conference today: "The coach is very impressed with the growth of LeSean McCoy as a teammate and a leader. He has matured so much since their time together in Philadelphia. He takes pride in himself and he is a great competitor who has embraced the football team in a very unselfish way putting the team first. It was great to see some of their guys over at the Sabres game last night."

When Jason Peters is inducted into the Hall of Fame, will this guy be there?

"I knew it all along, Jason lol How bout a hug? lol"

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

I really don't think what he said is that bad. What competitior would be satisfied with getting three balls thrown his way when he knows he can do way more?

If he said this after a playoff win or even if the team was doing well I would be shocked, but if the bills are 5 and 7 and they are out of it, (which they always were around the last 3 years) of course he is playing for selfish reasons. Everyone else is as well

If that game plan is the way to win, then the type of competitor who prioritizes winning above all else.

What would you rather, go 8 and 8 and barely be a part of the game plan? Or go 6-10 and light it up knowing you'll be making extra 10s of millions of dollars your next contract?

When Jason Peters is inducted into the Hall of Fame, will this guy be there?

"I knew it all along, Jason lol How bout a hug? lol"

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

..can't we archive THIS picture?....it is woefully nauseating....Ticket Boy was so proud of the Wrecks hiring and sent out many "so what do you think" texts....vomit 101...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Peters was recognized as a top talent when the Bills traded him. The difference here is that Sammy Watkins has potential and has never fully lived up to it. He is not exactly burning it up so far this season and who knows if his health will hold up. He may turn into the receiver he has the talent to be. I am less and less convinced that he will.

Your memory may be better than mine, but I seem to remember Peters playing good consistent football for the Bills prior to losing him in FA. Watkins has not been able to do that.

This^^^^

First, McCoy earns touches a lot more than does Watkins.

Second, from Billsdaily's summar of Coach McDermott's press conference today: "The coach is very impressed with the growth of LeSean McCoy as a teammate and a leader. He has matured so much since their time together in Philadelphia. He takes pride in himself and he is a great competitor who has embraced the football team in a very unselfish way putting the team first. It was great to see some of their guys over at the Sabres game last night."

This argument that Watkins doesn't deserve targets is absurd. So agree to disagree. I can tell you that if McCoy came here from Philly and was getting less than 10 touches a game, he wouldn't be happy. And he wouldn't be wrong in talking about it to coaches (not the media).