richie incognito "nothing to do here"

papazoid

listening to john murphy show yesterday.

richie talking about his routine to take care of his body. tuesday was a day to "get in a good lift". talked about how his trainer flies in from L.A. on Monday. stretching, massage, etc....

anyways, the zinger was......it was easy for him to stay true to his routine here in buffalo....cause "there's nothing to do here".

I know how sensitive some of our posters are....so just sayin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How pro athletes in Buffalo relate to Buffalo depends entirely on who they are as individuals, and where they are in life.

If you are a young millionaire who still enjoys running around the big city and getting into trouble, he's right. There is nothing to do in Buffalo.

If you are later in your career and married with a couple of kids, from a small town, and like small town living, you might love Buffalo.

It all depends.

How pro athletes in Buffalo relate to Buffalo depends entirely on who they are as individuals, and where they are in life.

If you are a young millionaire who still enjoys running around the big city and getting into trouble, he's right. There is nothing to do in Buffalo.

If you are later in your career and married with a couple of kids, from a small town, and like small town living, you might love Buffalo.

It all depends.

i think this sums up wny in general. i've never thought it was a great area for young people, but once you start a family or grow out of the hardcore partying days, it's a nice place to settle. on that note, it's also not hard to find a place to party. i've never understood the, there's nothing to do here. it's not nyc or miami, but i was never bored when i lived in buffalo.

i think this sums up wny in general. i've never thought it was a great area for young people, but once you start a family or grow out of the hardcore partying days, it's a nice place to settle. on that note, it's also not hard to find a place to party. i've never understood the, there's nothing to do here. it's not nyc or miami, but i was never bored when i lived in buffalo.

It's not just partying or just from being young. If you are into cultural events, theater, fine dining and so on, Buffalo won't be your cup of tea either. The poster(s) who made the small town versus big town points are spot on.

I heard it too... I think the first caller after that segment mentioned it and seemed bummed out by it.

I think Richie was saying it as a positive: easy to focus on work here (compared to somewhere like Miami or NY) which made total sense to me.

This. He stated later that it was the perfect situation for him, specifically citing that was one of the reasons he chose Nebraska as well. Pointed out he likes to be focused and maintain a routine and being in places like Buffalo and Lincoln are a good fit for him.

Edited by Captain Murica

I heard it too... I think the first caller after that segment mentioned it and seemed bummed out by it.

I think Richie was saying it as a positive: easy to focus on work here (compared to somewhere like Miami or NY) which made total sense to me.

...had he said that when Buffalo signed him as a Rams castoff, I'd take it as a negative......he couldn't wait to get the hell outta here which is why I initially hated him being signed here again......did not think he could turn it around and I'm sure as hell glad he proved me wrong.....first, being "unofficially" blackballed for the Miami fiasco probably cost him a cool 2 mil........now I'd say he is a premier guard in the NFL as a force to be reckoned with......watching him lead on a pull is a thing of beauty.....also think he is a team leader and a major locker room force.....BTW Richie, I HATE crow.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

listening to john murphy show yesterday.

richie talking about his routine to take care of his body. tuesday was a day to "get in a good lift". talked about how his trainer flies in from L.A. on Monday. stretching, massage, etc....

anyways, the zinger was......it was easy for him to stay true to his routine here in buffalo....cause "there's nothing to do here".

I know how sensitive some of our posters are....so just sayin

I mean I get it to a point. Buffalo even if your young does have a lot to do and nightlife/clubs, but it isn't Miami or NYC where you could literally spends a month in one sections clubs and bars etc..Same when it comes to festivals cultural events too. That is the difference between big cities and small. What surprises me though is that more players don't hit the Toronto or the Finger Lakes even.

Edited by corta765

It's what you value. Buffalo has major league sports, top notch universities, museums, architecture, restaurants orchestra, etc. Lots of bang for the buck. If not for family, I'd move back in a blink.

Certainly, nothing to be insecure about!

Huh??? :) Are we talking about the same Buffalo? :)

Has anybody ever taken him to see The Falls? :unsure: He'd probably like that.

If Ritchie fell in the splash would be so big both cities would be wiped out ;)

someone needs to introduce that man to Applebys

Walgreens feminine products aisle ;)