Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

The Hall of Fame in Canton has that one huge room with the busts of all the enshrinees. Inspired by this thread, they should build a huge room like that on the grounds of New Era Field, like Green Bay did with their stadium renovation, but we will have busts of all the busts that played for the Bills. It will be enormous and a huge success. Bitchy Bills fans can walk through and just scream, "Oh I remember that dude! He sucks! He missed that block in the Lions preseason game in 95 that cost us a first down just before half!!"

Well he did not pay that long in the league. Just good not elite if you think about it.

He played for 8 seasons or so but (just like James Lofton) look at the entirety of his career. Once you look at his career in totality and extrapolate his early year stats to the same measurables as a Buffalo Bill (yardage, TD's, rushing yards, winning season and character/leadership) I would suggest there's no question he qualifies for a spot on the Wall. Don't listen to these other haters...it's ok to admit it.

Twelve games does not warrant a place on the wall unless you put the team on your back and won a Super Bowl.

Please, please, please...free your mind. Look at Orton as a Picasso. It doesn't look great on the surface...but when you step back, look at the colors, the depth, the strength of the picture, the joy it provides and the historical context, how can you question his spot as a landmark in the history of our beloved franchise. If Kelly is a Monet, Thurman is a Michael Angelo and Orton (given his spot during the doldrums of 6-10 seasons) is every bit of artistry as the others who are on that wall.

Please, please, please...free your mind. Look at Orton as a Picasso. It doesn't look great on the surface...but when you step back, look at the colors, the depth, the strength of the picture, the joy it provides and the historical context, how can you question his spot as a landmark in the history of our beloved franchise. If Kelly is a Monet, Thurman is a Michael Angelo and Orton (given his spot during the doldrums of 6-10 seasons) is every bit of artistry as the others who are on that wall.

Orton is a Picasso?!!! He's a lot closer to Mike Pucillo.

This point could be made all day long...Kenny Davis was basically a back up RB and he's on the Wall. Same for Frank Reich and he lost a lot of games for us...he's up there. So Orton was our starting field general, brought us a winning season in the midst of a post season famine, yet he is deprived his rightful place in Bills football lore simply because he "slid his best" to get a first down? Sometimes sacrificing your body isn't enough I guess.

NEITHER Kenny Davis nor Frank Reich is a member of the Wall of Fame. PROOF POSITIVE THIS IS A JOKE THREAD!

Sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about Kyle Orton here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Kyle Orton, in Buffalo. And even if he's an apprehensive man - and Kyle Orton was most certainly that. Quite possibly the most apprehensive QB in Buffalo, which would place him high in the runnin' for most apprehensive league-wide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

For a second I was about check my calendar to see if it was April 1st

I liked Orton A LOT while he was in Buffalo and was really disappointed when he decided to call it a day. I do believe that we would have made the playoffs if he had played the 16 games in 2014 but you just can't put a player on the wall of fame after only 12 games with the team. He was excellent even though he missed the whole training camp and didn't play at all during preseason but my answer is no.

That's a very curt reply. You need to loosen up a little bit. What if he had played the full season? What if he had come back the next? Imagine the possibilities.

#ortonbelongs

Thank you papa. After watching that I don't see how any self respecting Bills fan could be stand against Orton. BTW...at the 4:00 minute mark of the video "A New Era!" This is preordained people.

Carried the Bills on his back? check

Liked his wimmin? check

Liked his drinkin? check

Liked his wimmin and drinkin? check/check

Was the beginning of a New Era in Buffalo? check

Put him on that wall.

#ortonbelongs

Carried the Bills on his back? check

Liked his wimmin? check

Liked his drinkin? check

Liked his wimmin and drinkin? check/check

Was the beginning of a New Era in Buffalo? check

Put him on that wall.

#ortonbelongs

Pretty much a poor mans Jim Kelly.

#ortonup

It doesn't require any more explanation. You've had your fun. Mods, can you close this down- it's clearly not a serious topic.

exactly how old are you "get off my lawn" guy?

#ortonbelongs

Pretty much a poor mans Jim Kelly.

#ortonup

Kelly passer rating 84.4

Orton passer rating 81.2

Orton Buffalo Bills passer rating 87.8

#ortonbelongs

Edited by Cripple Creek