Nick O'Leary

Dragonborn10

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked him as a backup tight end, but I thought he would be a project and was honestly surprised he wasn't on the practice squad all year. But the depth at tight end was so bad that he made the 53. But this year he looks like an NFL caliber player and he looks to be getting better. Hopefully this trend continue.

Just because he is slow and white doesn't make him a good blocker. He is a terrible blocker but seems to have decent hands and seems to find openings in the secondary. If he keeps getting better passing out of the two TE set could be quite productive. Even three TE, Shady, and a WR would put five viable receiving threats out there against a base defense or a package with on less CB and an extra safety. That would allow some significant missmathces.

Just because he is slow and white doesn't make him a good blocker. He is a terrible blocker but seems to have decent hands and seems to find openings in the secondary. If he keeps getting better passing out of the two TE set could be quite productive. Even three TE, Shady, and a WR would put five viable receiving threats out there against a base defense or a package with on less CB and an extra safety. That would allow some significant missmathces.

Exactly right from what I've seen. He seems like a really useful additional weapon as a receiver, but pretty useless as a blocking TE.

Guy keeps making plays. Every year I think he will get cut. Happy to be wrong. Solid contributor.

I was at the game yesterday and I didn't think he had a prayer of catching that when it was in the air...that was a hell of a catch by him...he seems to be better at making the spectacular catches than the normal ones...

There was a play on Sunday where tyrod opted for a shorter route (complete for first down) but O'Leary was WIDE OPEN for what would have been a 60 yard touchdown.

Not sure if anyone else saw that.

I do remember my son after one play saying O'Leary was wide open - he wouldn't shut up about it! Haha

O'Leary is exactly one of those guys I could see getting extended for not a huge amount of money.....it would be a good signing.

also

This was a huge TE draft class this past draft....and we ended up not plucking one and went for other positions instead....OLeary probably a big reason why

Edited by John from Hemet

He's made tremendous progress.

Last year, I thought he might have been the worst guy on the 53-man roster. He couldn't run a route to save his life early in the year and just seemed overwhelmed. The light bulb seems to have come on for him...

I think he got a mulligan. In fact he replaced one. Or would that be a divot. I digress,