Goodbye

bisonbrigade

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you avoid the question, what do you believe in?

I support anyone's right to prayer. I could care less if Tebow prays and will defend his right to do so. I don't recall anyone asking his team to fire him.

I'm not going to engage your false premise ESPN fired "conservative" hosts.

What do I believe in? How about being thankful for the country we live in? How about being thankful for those who serve and protect including one of my sons? Do you remember the outcry and ridicule when tebow "expressed" himself?

False premise in espn? Are you insane? Not even arguable. They are losing subscribers like the titanic. Disney losing money like its 1929. Wake up. People have had it with phony controversies. Do you remember kaepernick started this as a protest over police? Do you have pig socks like him too?

What the hell do you believe in ?

this is not my question to answer, nor is it the place to answer it. but i can promise you they've done more for this country and its veterans than 99% of this board and the NFL.

please, do not address this topic again as it is not the place, if you feel the need PM and i'll explain the position on why it doesn't matter to this conversation.

Dude, you brought it up to support your case and you can't even try to explain why they served. That's the entire point of this issue. Do Americans believe in basic tenants of the constitution and why they are so willing to waive those rights.

I'm sort of right there with you, in that going forward I will not spend one thin dime on anything that will put $$$ into the NFL coffers, but I might tune in to a game every now & then just for some gratuitous violence. Lol

The thing I really don't get is that all these overpaid prima-donnas taking knees, or staying in the locker rooms, or ignoring the anthem.....accomplishes exactly what? I'll tell you what....exactly NOTHING.

UNLESS ALL of these morons....and I'm including ALL pro sports athletes who have jumped on the "I hate Trump/America is Racist" bandwagon........"protesting" the national anthem are out in their respective communities, donating money, and getting actively involved, then they're just hypocritical sheeple. PS - I can guarantee you that not ALL of them are out there doing what I just said.

How about this? Any/All of these athletes disrespecting the flag/anthem voluntarily reduce their salary to $100,000, and anything above that they are owed by their owner, they donate to "good causes" in their communities like inner-city youth centers, schools, programs, etc? Sort of a "Put your money where your mouth is situation!" Ha ha...Yeah, I'm dreaming and it'll never happen. But it sure would put MILLIONS of dollars toward getting inner-city "oppressed" minorities out of a dark hole, huh?

You do know that they do this, right? Maybe not all of them, but a not unsubstantial portion of them. Kaepernick in particular has been putting his time and money where his mouth is, which you might know if you actually respected people of color enough as human beings to look into why they feel the way they do.

False premise in espn? Are you insane? Not even arguable. They are losing subscribers like the titanic. Disney losing money like its 1929. Wake up. People have had it with phony controversies. Do you remember kaepernick started this as a protest over police? Do you have pig socks like him too?

Man, if you think ESPN's downfall has to do with people stop watching them because of politics....then do i have something to sell YOU!

It has nothing to do with providing a quickly-outdated service

Edited by Crayola64

You do know that they do this, right? Maybe not all of them, but a not unsubstantial portion of them. Kaepernick in particular has been putting his time and money where his mouth is, which you might know if you actually respected people of color enough as human beings to look into why they feel the way they do.

pretty much all of them spend more money and time in the community than most of us.

what happens if you look into it and find it to be bull ****?

interesting to see folks pile on this as they do, we're a sick species.

you got that right. the responses are the worst.

This dude stands up to his beliefs and gets ripped apart, nfl

and hollywood say or do whatever they want and get applauded

by the msm. Very sad times in America.

pretty much all of them spend more money and time in the community than most of us.

Ding ding ding

But I'm sure they're just whiny, entitled primadonnas and not grown men with beliefs and life experiences and passions. How dare they do anything but bleed for our entertainment.

What do I believe in? How about being thankful for the country we live in? How about being thankful for those who serve and protect including one of my sons? Do you remember the outcry and ridicule when tebow "expressed" himself?

I believe in and thankful for a country that created this Constitution, which its Bill of Rights begins with freedom of expression. Im thankful to those who serve this country to protect the Constituion.

Don't you?

Arlington National Cemetery is filled with people who fought for the right of free speech. Maybe you should find a country with more strict laws governing the respect their citizens must show to symbols so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities.

This times 1 million!

Edited by Alphadawg7

Idk about everyone else, but my real issue with these particular protests is that I feel like it's misappropriated. To me, the flag does not equate to crooked cops, white supremacy, or even the government that they wish to protest. America is the collective, and is what gives you the right to protest, and I just wish they would protest the things they are actually concerned about.

So here's the thing - it's not about the flag. It's about using a bully pulpit to make a statement at a time when people are paying attention. Otherwise, why bother? Others have taken this and made it about the flag, about the song, and even about the military. It's not. It has nothing to do with any of them. It's just about some guys on their way to work who stop and make a statement. Then they go do their jobs. And what they're saying is "Hey, if you haven't noticed there are some bad cops out there killing people, and getting away with it. We should do something about it. Because what those bad cops are doing is un-American." No-one has to like it. But it's their right. And that's all there is to it.

Dude, you brought it up to support your case and you can't even try to explain why they served. That's the entire point of this issue. Do Americans believe in basic tenants of the constitution and why they are so willing to waive those rights.

i brought it up as evidence to the issue tearing communities up and causing stress for no reason. if you do not understand that than i am done, because literally i have nothing to talk to you about with this if you're not getting it.

Tyrod just said that every game during the national anthem he doesn't pay attention to it he prays. So I guess he is disrespecting the flag too by not thinking about what it means and our fallen soldiers who fought for our rights. He should be fired, the son of a bbitch.

What about the cameramen taking photos/video of players during the anthem? They should all be fired and shot out of a cannon and sent to North Korea.

what happens if you look into it and find it to be bull ****?

Then you need to clean off the lenses you're looking with.

You can disagree with methods, you can disagree with proposed solutions, but if you look into what their concerns are and come away with the impression that there are no problems with the treatment of minorities, and particularly of black people in the US then you are objectively wrong. That is not a matter of belief. That is not a matter of interpretation. It's a shameful fact of American identity that we need to own up to and resolve.

Edited by Avisan

Well how EVER would the SJWs express themselves then?

:unsure:

In other, more productive ways, I assume. BTW, as they currently do, in addition to the kneeling/sitting during the national anthem.

In the weeks after the initial Kaepernick incident, I paid some attention to what was going on. Rex stood, but did NOT put his hand over his heart. Most fans stood, but kept their hats on---many just chatted away. In years past, sitting wasn't a big deal during the national anthem, until it became one, last year.

I think it's become, for most people, one of those rote traditions, people just do, without thinking. Like the pledge of allegiance before school (did you really think about what you were saying?) and most of that goes on in Catholic churches (and I assume, most other organized religions).

IMO it is a disservice to the national anthem to be turned into something that is "just done" and not truly felt from the heart. I think keeping it actually "special" would make it more effective.

you got that right. the responses are the worst.

This dude stands up to his beliefs and gets ripped apart, nfl

and hollywood say or do whatever they want and get applauded

by the msm. Very sad times in America.

If he didn't want the pile on, he could have walked away without saying a word and still stayed true to his ideals. If he started the thread on an emotionally charged subject and didn't expect this response, then he's painfully naive. Personally, I think goodbye posts are worthless LAMP posts by those that post them, but the aftermath is like watching a slow motion pile up on the interstate.

How is not standing for the anthem disrespectful to troops? What kind of twisty meandering down a dark path do you have to travel to get there?

I wonder if OP stands up every time he's watching a game on TV when the anthem is played. Or if he is instead laying on his couch in his underwear scratching his balls

I'll take action up to $100 on that not happening.

It's almost like people are trying to guilt others into agreeing with them so they use the "disrespecting the troops" argument...when fact of the matter is most KNOW it has nothing to do with the troops.

Man, if you think ESPN's downfall has to do with people stop watching them because of politics....then do i have something to sell YOU!

It has nothing to do with providing a quickly-outdated service

Not sure what you listen to or read but I read a ton and listen to a ton. Especially those I disagree with. No one I know of is denying espn is losing its base because they have steered away from sports and into politics. And they have done it completely on a one sided basis. Skipper had to send a memo out last week reminding the libbie hosts to stay out of politics. They are hemmoraghing money and cutting talent across the board. They have taken a great concept and strayed. Hopefully they will get back to sports

Today is a sad day, my love for my beloved Buffalo Bills has ended. I have been a loyal fan since 1978 and cannot watch overpaid self absorbed players disgrace OUR Flag. Arlington National cemetery is filled with heroes who deserve better.

soldiers-flags-arlington-1500x1000-ts200

Bye. It's your right to leave, just as it's their right to do what they do. Has ZERO to do with the veterans or soldiers as plenty of these players come from military families.

the national anthem has NOTHING to do with respect or support of the troops or those who serve. Wake up you are being brainwashed by Trump, Rush and all the other loud mouths

Not addressed to me but I'll answer. I believe in the freedoms guaranteed by our constitution. Such as being able to voice objections to the government without being locked up. I believe the flag represents that freedom. I stand at games when the flag is raised, it bugs me when others don't but it would bug me more if their right to do so was taken away.

I also believe in capitalism. I believe one who owns a business should have the right to set policies for his business and his employees. And if Mr. Pegula makes a rule that he wants his employees to stand, then his employees should comply or lose their jobs. So when a Curt Schilling ignores directives from his employer he loses his job, and I'm fine with that and would be regardless of their political persuasion.

I also believe that the president is an elected position and that he is not a king or dictator. I believe that when a president does not understand the fundamental rights we have as citizens and lacks a fundamental or even rudimentary understanding of freedom, protest and our heritage it is a truly sad thing.

In other, more productive ways, I assume. BTW, as they currently do, in addition to the kneeling/sitting during the national anthem.

In the weeks after the initial Kaepernick incident, I paid some attention to what was going on. Rex stood, but did NOT put his hand over his heart. Most fans stood, but kept their hats on---many just chatted away. In years past, sitting wasn't a big deal during the national anthem, until it became one, last year.

I think it's become, for most people, one of those rote traditions, people just do, without thinking. Like the pledge of allegiance before school (did you really think about what you were saying?) and most of that goes on in Catholic churches (and I assume, most other organized religions).

IMO it is a disservice to the national anthem to be turned into something that is "just done" and not truly felt from the heart. I think keeping it actually "special" would make it more effective.

That's actually a legitimate point. I had no problem with the pledge of allegiance. I have no problem with the national anthem. Honestly, I could give less than two damns about their perceived cause. At this point I just want the media to quit fawning over this ****.

Not sure what you listen to or read but I read a ton and listen to a ton. Especially those I disagree with. No one I know of is denying espn is losing its base because they have steered away from sports and into politics. And they have done it completely on a one sided basis. Skipper had to send a memo out last week reminding the libbie hosts to stay out of politics. They are hemmoraghing money and cutting talent across the board. They have taken a great concept and strayed. Hopefully they will get back to sports

Then you are reading nonsense. ESPN has been having issues for a decade.

I believe in and thankful for a country that created this Constitution, which its Bill of Rights begins with freedom of expression. Im thankful to those who serve this country to protect the Constituion.

Don't you?

Just don't believe in glorifying those who disrespect it.

Express yourself all you want Do not have to agree with you.