Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't sit down to watch the game until about 25 second till kickoff, so the anthem, and what the players, coaches or fans do during the anthem doesn't concern me in the least. BUT...I now actively HOPE that every player in the NFL kneels.

What a STUPID stance for the President of The United States of America to take. This !@#$ing clown makes me sick.

Hope Pegula lays down the iron fist to these dancing monkeys. Just play the music and dance for us, Mr bonjangles. We will throw you peanuts, we will cheer. Just shut up and dance

...can you translate exactly what the hell you're trying to say for us lower level plebes?....

So Trump is spitting on the 1st ammendment yet again. Scary stuff.

He's spitting on the first amendment by exercising his first amendment rights?

Look, I don't like the guy, but this is not scary in any way whatsoever. He's a blowhard that can't take away anyone's rights. He wants attention and reactions, and he knows how to get them from overly sensitive folks (not saying that's you).

He found a way to make this about him.

He's spitting on the first amendment by exercising his first amendment rights?

Look, I don't like the guy, but this is not scary in any way whatsoever. He's a blowhard that can't take away anyone's rights. He wants attention and reactions, and he knows how to get them from overly sensitive folks (not saying that's you).

He found a way to make this about him.

Um, it's only against the constitution for the government to oppress speech. That is what Trump is doing.

Citizens have the right to not have their speech squashed by the government, which is literally what Trump did. If the NFL fired a player for it, it would be sad, but not against the most important, and first, ammendment.

Huge difference, my man.

Edited by Jackington

Um, it's only against the constitution for the government to oppress speach. That is what Trump is doing.

Citizens have the right to not have their speech squashed by the government, which is literally what Trump did. If the NFL fired a player for it, it would be sad, but not against the most important, and first, ammendment.

Huge difference, my man.

Trump didn't do anything but state his (ignorant) opinion. You need to not be such a baby. People are always going to say things you don't like and have view points you don't agree with.

Hope Pegula lays down the iron fist to these dancing monkeys. Just play the music and dance for us, Mr bonjangles. We will throw you peanuts, we will cheer. Just shut up and dance

Wait what?

Is this your attempt at satire? Please tell me it is...

Otherwise we found the most racist guy on TBD.

Um, it's only against the constitution for the government to oppress speech. That is what Trump is doing.

Huge difference, my man.

He's not oppressing free speech in any way whatsoever. He hasn't signed any kind of EO requiring folks to say/not say what they want. He's not pushing for legislation. He's simply voicing his opinion that owners should fire players for protesting (which, as you point out, they can)...rightly or wrongly.

Oppressing free speech would include inflicting violence against those that say things with which you don't agree, etc...it's important, IMO, to consider who does such things.

in actuality, from my perspective, it would be those offended by it that are the snowflakes.

Yeah, I doubt these are big sellers to the PPP croud:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aspen+Snowflake+Mirror&rlz=1CAACAG_enUS598US598&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT--SY_rvWAhVDOCYKHXwACRcQsAQILQ&biw=1242&bih=573#imgrc=xQwRmekFXjtiqM:

Trump didn't do anything but state his (ignorant) opinion. You need to not be such a baby. People are always going to say things you don't like and have view points you don't agree with.

Lets ban guns and see who is a baby. The President can't go around telling businesses to fire sons of bitches for their opinions. Seriously. It's the first amendment. You ok with him saying Christianity should be banned?

I would be equally angry if suggested any of that, including banning guns.

Without the first amendment you would be bowing to kings and queens.

in actuality, from my perspective, it would be those offended by it that are the snowflakes.

why some just don't ignore it and watch the !@#$ing game is beyond me.

Who's offended? There's one group that is [reported to be] so emotionally distraught that they need a group therapy session because Trump hurt their feelings, and another bunch of people ridiculing them. And you think those ridiculing them are the snowflakes?

Wait what?

Is this your attempt at satire? Please tell me it is...

Otherwise we found the most racist guy on TBD.

how is that racist? Theyre dancing show girls, theyre Broadway performers. They're nothin more than idiots dancing for a dollar or $1mm in their gstring

Lets ban guns and see who is a baby. The President can't go around telling businesses to fire sons of bitches for their opinions. Seriously. It's the first amendment. You ok with him saying Christianity should be banned?

I would be equally angry if suggested any of that, including banning guns.

Without the first amendment you would be bowing to kings and queens.

I'm okay with him saying anything he wants; if he tries to make a law against rights that are guaranteed in the constitution, well, different story

He's not oppressing free speech in any way whatsoever. He hasn't signed any kind of EO requiring folks to say/not say what they want. He's not pushing for legislation. He's simply voicing his opinion that owners should fire players for protesting (which, as you point out, they can)...rightly or wrongly.

Oppressing free speech would include inflicting violence against those that say things with which you don't agree, etc...it's important, IMO, to consider who does such things.

" abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So the government saying to fire someone cuz of a legal protest isnt against the first amendment? Oh wait, it is.

Again, the if the nfl said it, fine. Businesses can do what they want.

" abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So the government saying to fire someone cuz of a legal protest isnt against the first amendment? Oh wait, it is.

Um, are you saying that you really don't understand the difference between stating an opinion and imposing legislation?

your understanding of this situation is lacking a gratuitous amount of what the first amendment is about.

These athletes have no more right to do this on the field than you have the right to go to work and profess your personal beliefs.

Freedom of speech and the first amendment is not protected in an employee/employer relationship. Especially when a contract stipulates expected behavior.

Your entire premise is wrong. So completely wrong that you have no basis to speak further believing this is about free speech.