Whoa: A. Hernandez most severe case of CTE ever

Alphadawg7

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/health/aaron-hernandez-cte/index.html

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/21/aaron-hernandezs-fiancee-sues-patriots-nfl-cte/

Wow, this is going to be interesting how things evolve from here. Aaron Hernandez found to have most severe case of CTE in a 27 year old ever found. Fiancé is suing the Patriots over this as well.

I have a feeling this is going to be a significant case moving forward and its going to be interesting to see how this plays out from both a liability stance regarding the team as well as how A. Hernandez the man is viewed. CTE has been shown to create violent and uncharacteristic behavior already, so going to be interesting to watch how this affects the view of Hernandez as well.

EDIT: To be clear, I am not advocating this is an excuse for him, wondering how public perception evolves around this case. And I am more interested in the impact it will have on teams when making decisions on future prospects who have had any sort of off field issue if they end up liable in any capacity.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't he into gangs before he ever entered the NFL? CTE isn't an excuse for him being a murdering scumbag.

This...I predicted this years ago...People were going to start screaming CTE. Anything bad any football player does or ever has done, or has ever thought about is because of CTE. This is lawyer science...

CTE is a copout.

This guy murdered at least one person, possibly a few more, with extremely concerning behavior dating back to his late teens.

Stop giving this guy press like he's a victim in all this.

Correct. But the bright side is that the Pats could be forced to confront all of this in court. It'll probably never get that far but if it did, they'd have to pay up big for the concussion stuff or admit they knew he was a reprobate from the beginning. Fat Bobby is going to need yet another drink.

Football is a risky sport. We have known that for 100 years.

I'm certain I have cte or brain trauma as well from football but it's the risk you take... you can also be hit in the face with a line drive in baseball

Know the risks

He is a gang banger and killer... cte didn't do that

Edited by Buffalo716

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/health/aaron-hernandez-cte/index.html

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/21/aaron-hernandezs-fiancee-sues-patriots-nfl-cte/

Wow, this is going to be interesting how things evolve from here. Aaron Hernandez found to have most severe case of CTE in a 27 year old ever found. Fiancé is suing the Patriots over this as well.

I have a feeling this is going to be a significant case moving forward and its going to be interesting to see how this plays out from both a liability stance regarding the team as well as how A. Hernandez the man is viewed. CTE has been shown to create violent and uncharacteristic behavior already, so going to be interesting to watch how this affects the view of Hernandez as well.

Just a minor correction but he had Stage 3 CTE, Stage 4 is the most severe.

Not sure why she would sue just the NFL, he played college and high school football, surely they are just as responsible. Nice money grab.

Wasn't he into gangs before he ever entered the NFL? CTE isn't an excuse for him being a murdering scumbag.

.....how can they solely attribute it to the NFL?.....what about collegiate ball at Florida or even HS ball?....is there any level of pre-requisite testing done?....don't think so.......

I believe CTE is a real thing and has serious effects. I do think it's nearly impossible to pinpoint that it caused you to do a singular act.

same as boxers getting punch drunk, but football is too holy and righteous to admit this

of course it's real

the worst is reading about a Buonoconti who played undersized in his day, like a middleweight fighting heavyweights