Dennison: Tyrod kept us in the game

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you 100%...poor game planning by the coaching staff. The defense gave us a chance to win, but the offense never made the changes necessary to make it happen. As much as I do not like Belicheck, he is a master of going into the locker room at halftime and making adjustments based on what he saw in the first half...not seeing it yet here.

Andy Reid is the same way. His teams come out of halftime looking way better. The Chiefs win a lot of close games and he is the difference maker.

Defense played to keep everything in front. Underneath stuff opened up.

Except on the last play of the game, the defense knew we were taking a shot and Zay was still open. Next time I bet we hit on that play. That's the cost of a new scheme and new players. We need plays like that earlier in the game. A lot more.

Dennison is absolutely right.

On a day where the OL was overwhelmed, McCoy looked old or hobbled and Tolbert and the WR corps played down to their modest abilities..........Tyrod was the only one on offense getting any work done.

He ran for 55 of their 69 yards rushing.......which is A LOT...... and ran or threw for ALL TEN of their first downs.

He had two nice competions to Holmes negated by penalty.........he made two excellent throws as he was being hit in the face by untouched blitzers......one a dime to Clay and the other a ball to Zay Jones on third down in the middle of the field that Jones usually catches.

And, of course, no turnovers against an aggressive, opportunistic D that was beating him up pretty good.

Like him or not.......it was one of Taylor's more efficient performances.

Give the man some playmaking talent at WR and efficient becomes effective........unfortunately, that ship has sailed for 2017 and everyone expecting Tyrod to be a lock to be out of here next year might find themselves getting a swift kick in the nads if Taylor keeps playing like that with the lack of talent they put around him.

Dreadful offensive performance by the team but Taylor played his assoff.

If Tyrod was good yesterday then Dennison is completely incompetent and should be fired now.

Because if you can only coordinate an offense to scoring 3 points on a day where your quarterback played well and you have generally the same personnel that has led the league in rushing the last two seasons, then you're not cut out for this.

That might be true.

On a day where the OL was overwhelmed, McCoy looked old or hobbled and Tolbert and the WR corps played down to their modest abilities..........Tyrod was the only one on offense getting any work done.

He ran for 55 of their 69 yards rushing.......which is A LOT...... and ran or threw for ALL TEN of their first downs.

He had two nice competions to Holmes negated by penalty.........he made two excellent throws as he was being hit in the face by untouched blitzers......one a dime to Clay and the other a ball to Zay Jones on third down in the middle of the field that Jones usually catches.

And, of course, no turnovers against an aggressive, opportunistic D that was beating him up pretty good.

Give the man some playmaking talent at WR and efficient becomes effective........unfortunately, that ship has sailed for 2017 and everyone expecting Tyrod to be a lock to be out of here next year might find themselves getting a swift kick in the nads if Taylor keeps playing like that with the lack of talent they put around him.

BOOM! absolutely right

Tyrod's YPA was 5.0, Shaw...five point O.

Yet we are the whiners because we want a passing attack that isn't last in the league every year... :doh:

I want what you want, but the fact that we didn't get it yesterday doesn't mean that Tyrod was the problem.

He's gotten so that he can't even decide if he wants to run or not.

He jogs to a different spot, only to stand there and wait for someone to break wide open.

By the time he decides to run, 1/2 the D is around him and his run lanes have disappeared.

If he doesn't see what he can understand, I wish he'd just take off & run, like any running back should.

....it is hardly BREAKING news that this kid cannot process the entire field in time allotted, let's say <5 seconds, to find open receivers.......so if you stack the box with 8, you can negate the running game, cover RB's out of the backfield on short stuff and dare him to find an open TE or WR........seems to be pretty elementary to me........and the Denver defensive test is at or perhaps even better than the Panthers.....uh oh......

Got to agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Also, is Shaw serious? He's got to be kidding, right? Right?!

Unfortunately, he's not.

This is why I've taken issue with Shaw on occasion.

Good guy, knowledgeable guy...but he just whiffs sometimes due to his love for the Bills and his inability to see clearly.

Edited by Crusher

Good make him a RB

Your problem as a complete Tyrod hater going forward is that the coaches will greatly appreciate the effort that Taylor put into yesterday.........he was the only guy that won anything.......respect from a group of conservative coaches that will decide his future.

So far, he's off to a very good start playing Jauron Ball.

Unfortunately, he's not.

This is why I've taken issue with Shaw on occasion.

Good guy, knowledgeable guy...but he just whiffs sometimes due to his love for the Bills and his inability to see clearly.

I think many of us are guilty of that from time to time,

myself included...

....it is hardly BREAKING news that this kid cannot process the entire field in time allotted, let's say <5 seconds, to find open receivers.......so if you stack the box with 8, you can negate the running game, cover RB's out of the backfield on short stuff and dare him to find an open TE or WR........seems to be pretty elementary to me........and the Denver defensive test is at or perhaps even better than the Panthers.....uh oh......

There are a lot of clueless takes in this thread but yours is exceptionally ignorant........Taylor wasn't stopped by the 8 man box........he ran for 7 ypa and if not for Kuechly being a rare, magnificent beast of a LB he might have had a couple more big runs.........and he had two completions called back due to penalty........and two big drops from the unlikeliest of people.......the usually amazing-handed Zay Jones.

Give Taylor someone to throw the ball over the top to and he'd actually not just be one of the more all-around productive QB's in the league......he might now be one of it's top dozen or so PASSERS........which would have been an unheard thought of a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately.......they gotta' deal with this sh*t sandwich of a WR corps in 2017.......so expect more of life with Rico and McD asking Tyrod to play behind the sticks any time they face a good team.

Same things are/were said about Russel Wilson. but the Sh!thawks USE his speed/ mobility better

There are a lot of clueless takes in this thread but yours is exceptionally ignorant........Taylor wasn't stopped by the 8 man box........he ran for 7 ypa and if not for Kuechly being a rare, magnificent beast of a LB he might have had a couple more big runs.........and he had two completions called back due to penalty........and two big drops from the unlikeliest of people.......the usually amazing-handed Zay Jones.

Give Taylor someone to throw the ball over the top to and he'd actually not just be one of the more all-around productive QB's in the league......he might now be one of it's top dozen or so PASSERS........which would have been an unheard thought of a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately.......they gotta' deal with this sh*t sandwich of a WR corps in 2017.......so expect more of life with Rico and McD asking Tyrod to play behind the sticks any time they face a good team.

...ignorance is my strong point...but gleefully I have your omnipotence to set me straight....praise the Lord for your existence.....maybe your dog will take you for a long walk....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Tyrod keeping us in the game isn't mutually exclusive from the entire offense sucking.

Tyrod's plays we're the only thing that kept every single series from being a 3 and out.

Well that is what a QB is supposed to help accomplish,

along with scoring points...

Taylor wasn't the solution which is something the better NFL QB's are capable of doing in my humble opinion my friend.

ding ding ding!!! this is the correct answer.

Tyrod is not the solution...and that is the problem.

I want what you want, but the fact that we didn't get it yesterday doesn't mean that Tyrod was the problem.

I agree that he wasn't the whole problem...but he is a major reason the Bills don't comeback when trailing in games or put teams away when they have their chance...even when he has opportunities and plenty of time on the clock, his ultra conservatism and hesitation in processing what is happening around him make it exceedingly difficult for him when the pressure is on in crunch time imo...and this appears to be the result of him not having a "killer instinct" and having a very laid back approach...this is why many don't ever see Tyrod as a franchise QB and are quick to jump on him when we have games like yesterday...it just seems like par for the course.

Edited by JaCrispy

Once the cliches build up momentum, it's impossible to stop them. "Stack the box with 8"...? Guess again : According to NFL NextGen Stats, McCoy faced eight or more men in the box on 25 percent of his carries against the Panthers. That was actually a smaller percentage than average for NFL running backs on Sunday. Incidentally, the lower than average "stack the box" number was true of the Jets game as well. Carolina didn't need to stack the box. They won the battle at the line with their front seven alone.

Once the cliches build up momentum, it's impossible to stop them. "Stack the box with 8"...? Guess again : According to NFL NextGen Stats, McCoy faced eight or more men in the box on 25 percent of his carries against the Panthers. That was actually a smaller percentage than average for NFL running backs on Sunday. Incidentally, the lower than average "stack the box" number was true of the Jets game as well. Carolina didn't need to stack the box. They won the battle at the line with their front seven alone.

Yes.

Dont ruin their narrative filled with bias and an inability to state what truthfully happened.

Kill em with the truth Badol

:beer:

I have confidence in him too. I am confident that we have seen what he can do. He is an excellent runner. I am confident that he is not good enough. I am confident that when we need someone to make important throws, he won't make them. I am confident he will not be here when or if this thing gets turned around. I am confident that we will all be stuck watching this guy hold back the offense until another season is wasted.

Yeah, I can't say it any better.

Maybe he should pull a Pryor and play WR for us.

Try out this : Dennison means that Taylor was the only person on the offense even remotely making plays. The offensive line was a mess. The receivers were non-entities. The running backs gained fourteen yards total. Taylor was 80% of the rushing attack. So, yes, Taylor had a horrible game - but everyone else was worse.

I had front row seats and this is exactly what I saw

What a bunch of whiners you guys are.

Did you watch the game? Did you know the Bills' power running attack? This is a running team, and they couldn't run at all. The only person who made plays on offense was Tyrod.

The offensive line stunk. Absolutely stunk. That might be coaching, that might be talent. One thing is certain - blocking is NOT Tyrod's job.

Tyrod completed a high percentage. He threw no INTs. He did largely what he was asked to do, and all you guys can do is whine about him.

Great post. And true.

Awesome. Looked like the only one trying to win.