McDermott's clapping really ticks me off

So again if his demeanor and personality are sincere and that clapping is something he believes it helps and encourages and motivates his guys then really what's the problem?

Do you know anyone that sincerely claps after a failure and is still generally successful? I can't buy it as a genuine move. It's a pick me up tactic that I think the players would get annoyed with. Just my two cents

I think after reading this post... the OPs name is absolutely accurate.

i will say Tolbert had a catch on the sideline got like 2 yards and pushed out of bounds on 3rd down and McDermott clapped for the play to the point i think he almost forgot that was no longer his defense.

OP... you sir are paying attentipn to all the wrong things... keep it up sir

I have an issue with McDumbass calling a timeout with 19 seconds left in the first half. Then proceeding to calling a running play and trying to get his best offensive player hurt. His game management was god awful today. No excuse for being a rookie head coach. He's been around the game for years.

Oh yeah and the maniacal clapping after negative plays makes me want to slap him in the face.

Edited by WildBills

I have an issue with McDumbass calling a timeout with 19 seconds left in the first half. Then proceeding to calling a running play and trying to get his best offensive player hurt. His game management was god awful today. No excuse for being a rookie head coach. He's been around the game for years.

Oh yeah and the maniacal clapping after negative plays makes me want to slap him in the face.

Not ready to call him "McDumbass" just yet (I'll reserve that for whoever decided Tolbert was an adequate backup, or whoever pulled the trigger on the Watkins trade), but not calling a timeout on that last drive, and the handling of the timeclock at the end of the first half (as you mention) are concerning. How is it that so many NFL head-coaches have such obvious difficulty managing the clock in these situations? It is maddening.

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

The nerve! I even saw him trying to engage with each player as they ran off the field - what is the thinking!?

Re, the bolded, ya think??

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaa - I'm sure that would go well for you. :beer:

McD called that play?

I didn't catch it this week but was he doing that breathing thing he's always doing?

Sigh. Yup.

Do you know anyone that sincerely claps after a failure and is still generally successful? I can't buy it as a genuine move. It's a pick me up tactic that I think the players would get annoyed with. Just my two cents

Holy Crap! Yes, many a time. In sales, you must recognize a solid effort after losing a major deal, by praising the team for their effort; especially against tough competition. He is building a team. Praise in public, criticize in private. It works.

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

GET OFF MY LAWN