Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the highlight you could tell when he came out of his cut he was aiming towards the 5 instead of the cone. Had he straightened out he probably would have had it.

But when he came out of his cut he seemed to stumble a bit which I think threw his body off and geared him towards the sideline. If he had a clean cut he may have stayed straight.

That's how I saw it. More likely it was a good pass. He tackled himself. And that yard or two makes the pass look bad.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9266053/ezgif.com_optimize.gif

Jones turns the wrong way, if Taylor throws it to outside shoulder Jones goes out of bounds. If Jones runs more vertical route that is a TD.

Right, there was no room on the sideline.......if Taylor throws it where he's going it very likely ends up out of bounds.

Taylor had a good view of him......he threw the ball where he hoped Jones would go.

Its alright there will be more games like this from TT again this year and eventually after 2 plus years of excuses will stop.

I TOO HOPE THERE ARE MORE GAMES WHERE WE HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN ON THE ROAD VS A BETTER OPPONENT AND TYROD MAKES WHAT SHOULD BE THE GAME WINNING THROW!

#majorcrusade

Zay said in post game "it was a fine thrown ball" and that he should have made the catch, fwiw. Of course, I'm sure he's covering too - the pass obviously wasn't perfect and the catch was super tough, but the guy's a pro...

Just listened to his post-game. I love this kid. Total accountability. He will get better. This will drive him.

Completely agree - tough day, but I like this kid! :beer:

Guess who makes that catch all day

Gronk? Just our freaking luck...