John Miller Start packing your bags

MAJBobby

I'm fully convinced he isn't starting because he was picked by Whaley. Some political BS.

That's not how you run a football team.

You are probably right CB but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that imo, Miller is vastly overrated on this board.

That said, Ducasse might be one of the worst players in football.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, late to the party here. Why do folks think Miller (despite being named the starter at RG) is going to be traded? I just don't see it. Yes, he was drafted by the previous regime, but he's young and cheap and has been a fairly solid starter for us. Thoughts on why he might be traded other than he was drafted by Whaley?

Miller started to blossom into what the organization hoped he could during his sophomore season in the NFL.

That progression has been noticed by the analysts at Pro Football Focus, naming Miller as the most-improved second-year player in the NFL by their grading system.

1. John Miller, G, Buffalo Bills

2015 overall grade: 38.7

2016 overall grade: 77.8

Now firmly entrenched as the Bills’ starting RG, Miller’s rookie season was one to forget, plagued by nagging injuries that had an effect on his play, in particular his run blocking. Bills running backs averaged only 3.9 yards per carry rushing in his direction, and his run-blocking grade ranked 84th among guards, with Miller perhaps struggling to adjust to such a diverse rushing attack. He turned it around in 2016, however, shooting up to 24th among guards in terms of PFF grade as a run blocker, missing only 18 snaps. Overall, he made the step up to a solid, dependable player, with his grade improving from a dismal 38.7 to 77.8.

(his mother's uncle's third cousin was a Panther so he's safe)...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Looks like Miller might be the starting RG after all...

Bills to keep Miller, Mills as starters on right side of line

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/04/bills-keep-miller-mills-starters-right-side-o-line/

'John Miller and Jordan Mills each withstood challenges this summer to remain the Buffalo Bills' starters at right guard and right tackle, respectively.

Coach Sean McDermott said Monday that both would be in the starting lineup for Sunday's regular-season opener against the New York Jets.'

Yeah it is a lazy, crappy way to rebuild by just throwing everything out. It seems beyond these guys to look at the talent available and decide who can be part of a winning effort down the road.

Yeah, and I'm sure you were first in line to call Pete Carroll lazy and crappy when he did the same exact thing in Seattle.

Paranoia strikes deep. Into your lives it will creep.

It is not paranoia when it is true.

Beano and McEgo are cutting all Whaley/Rex players anytime it is even close or even if the Whaley/Rex guys are younger and better. Makes no sense.

Okay, late to the party here. Why do folks think Miller (despite being named the starter at RG) is going to be traded? I just don't see it. Yes, he was drafted by the previous regime, but he's young and cheap and has been a fairly solid starter for us. Thoughts on why he might be traded other than he was drafted by Whaley?

Whaley connection is about it and the facts you state, completely describe J Will and Seymour right before they were dumpers. Not to mention one of the worst OL in NFL Vlad D is still competing for Millers spot.

It is not paranoia when it is true.

Beano and McEgo are cutting all Whaley/Rex players anytime it is even close or even if the Whaley/Rex guys are younger and better. Makes no sense.

Whaley connection is about it and the facts you state, completely describe J Will and Seymour right before they were dumpers. Not to mention one of the worst OL in NFL Vlad D is still competing for Millers spot.

It's paranoia when you think guys who have their careers in the line make decisions based on a vendetta you dream up.

I've worked under a new boss who methodically purged the group he inherited and which had some pretty talented and experienced people. Wanted his own guys/hires. He turned out to be a disaster and eventually got fired. Truth was he was paranoid and psychologically fragile. Felt he could only trust people who owed their jobs to him. I'm sure others have also seen this type before.

Sure hope thats not what is going on here because if it is we will be shipping them out and starting all over again in three years.

Let's be honest, ridding this team of the past 17 years of mediocre scouts/talent evaluators and now former GM Doug Whaley's !@#$ ups can only be seen as a good thing for this team, we should have hit the reset button after Juron a long ass time ago. I'm not sure what people are so worried about, if we've picked the wrong GM/HC again then this thing goes down the shitter for another 5-6 years, we have been waiting 17 just for a playoff game, we are unbreakable as fans at this point imo.